• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

ReiGun

And last but not fucking least Steve mother fucking Rogers. The best impulses a cat can have. Weak as fuck but still trying to the right thing. This is the story of what would happen if you give someone willing to go the distance for anybody and his ideals and willing to die for the cat next to him and you give him powers. Anybody that has been in the military or hell served for others and like what they do because of a sense of honor and integrity can relate to this cat. I could harp on him all day but Ive typed enough. In my opinion Steve written at his best is when he shown to be the best of humanity. This is the man that can tell an asshole in a power suit, a goddamn god, the monarch of this biggest kingdom on Earth, and two of the worlds premier assassins to listen. And they will.

ibgLJKbivI0ehI.jpg

They need to do something with his kid, the boy one. His kid needs animu. The kids would watch it.

Minus some of the annoying VA have you seen Agents of SMASH. Its both the right and wrong way to depict the Gamma Family.
Marvel stories in general are super depressing. You ever just think about marvel back stories. All just super depressing.

I dont know. One of the best damn stories I have ever read came from a what should be depressing premise. The Life and Death of Captain Marvel. That shit was too good. And the original Squadron Supreme. I think it may come off as slightly depressing with a couple of missteps but essentially it is a story of hubris. Real good.

Am I the only one who like the Supreme Power? (Squadron reboot)

Village

Minus some of the annoying VA have you seen Agents of SMASH. Its both the right and wrong way to depict the Gamma Family.

I have seen it. I feel a bit weird, I feel like the not being hulk parts are just as important as the hulk parts. But this is a funny show so whatever.

ReiGun

Also i may be in the minority but I loved JLA/Avengers. Busiek writing on some Perez pencils. Cap leading that squad in Book 4 was amazing. And of course the Batman vs Cap moment......
People didn't like JLA/Avengers? I thought it was great. Awesome crossover that was respectful to both companies' history and characters.

I wonder if we get another hulk movie could we see she hulk or at least see Jessica
Now that Marvel (hopefully) realizes the Hulk doesn't have to be depressing as shit on film, I'd say chances are good on Jess being in the sequel.

People didn't like JLA/Avengers? I thought it was great.Awesome crossover that was respectful to both companies' history and characters/

Now that Marvel (hopefully) realizes the Hulk doesn't have to be depressing as shit on film, I'd say chances are good on Jess being in the sequel.

Yeah to be on the safe side I have asked that. At the end of the day talking comics, politics and religion will get you some fucked up responses from people you didnt imagine.

And if they did Jessica in the hulk movie I aint gonna lie I want Vanilla Marvel mixed with the John Byrne take on her. That would be jam.

So many things wrong with spiderman comics in general, his whole set up seems to be one BIG L. At this point.

All the spiderman related comics I enjoy do not have pete in it, hmm maybe pete is the issue. Maybe Pete isn't just that interesting a guy.

I was willing to forgive your (totally irrational) Gambit hate, because you like Black Panther.

But you don't like Peter Parker? SMH. I dunno what to feel anymore

Village

I was willing to forgive your (totally irrational) Gambit hate, because you like Black Panther.

But you don't like Peter Parker? SMH. I dunno what to feel anymore

Gambit hate is the most rational thing on this planet.

Anyways Lets talk about Cage.

I like Cage he is a cool guy and has tough skin. I also like blade, why hasn't there been A devil may cry like game staring blade.

FyreWulff

Depends on the game, and even within a game, SP or MP. Some of the worst stuff i got was when i was at Infinity Ward, for obvious reasons.

AC fans tend to be more reserved, but some really invest their heart and soul, and almost entire life into the narrative. Any little deviation from what they perceive as "the way it should be" sets them off.

I had a fan on tumblr tell me (in a roundabout way) that if i didn't acknowledge he was the ultimate AC fan, he'd start his own Creed to hunt down every black developer at Ubisoft...starting with me.

Some stuff is batshit crazy that they will never follow through with. Other stuff is downright nasty.

Damn, I thoguht I had it bad with that one hate site and these ones I got for putting maps into Halo matchmaking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEgFo32qewM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpQVTqFuWXQ

Somebody saying they're going to hunt you down is some 'call the police 5 minutes ago' shit

Deprive

Am I the only one who like the Supreme Power? (Squadron reboot)

Supreme Power was good until they took it off the imprint and did that shit Land crossover with the Ultimate uni. Sucks because I liked Nighthawk.

smh at all this Gambit hate :|
Why yall hatin mon ami

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Literally one of my favorite panels.

Also i may be in the minority but I loved JLA/Avengers. Busiek writing on some Perez pencils. Cap leading that squad in Book 4 was amazing. And of course the Batman vs Cap moment......

I loved the world of jla/avengers. I would love to see that world for a years time and see what would happen. What teams would come up, and the teams and villains interact with each other.

Parallax

I love gambit haters. If people think I spill salt over hudlin, they haven't seen anything until they meet these people

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Im not that sold on it, mainly because it's not being made by Firaxis and 2K has generated little to no media hype approaching release. I didn't even know it was coming out this month until today.

Well, 2k has done a lot to downplay it since its original form raised all kinds of hell.

Its not a Firaxis design at all, and the rework pays homage to Enemies Unknown quite a bit. Check this out > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opW6mFLqKy8 > and let me know how you feel.

ReiGun

I loved the world of jla/avengers. I would love to see that world for a years time and see what would happen. What teams would come up, and the teams and villains interact with each other.

In a perfect world, Marvel and DC would get together and release a standalone graphic novel in that world every year. Like one year, you get Cap/Batman; another you get Supes/Thor; another you get Capt. Marvel/Wondy, and so on.

Sadly, we don't live in a perfect world, and nowadays, there's way too much money and ego involved with both companies for something like that to be possible.

Parallax

Rogue for the longest.

Magneto/rogue was shit. I had no problem with Joseph though. And sentry is the crown jester of self appointed Ls. Neither were a better option. Although certain writers shouldn't do remy/rogue. It feels hamfisted

I loved the idea of the sentry. But what they turned him into is a damn tragedy. I mean so much potential. I mean a lot of potential and they wasted that shit hard.

But the one character I would love to read a book about is MVP/Scarlet Spiders. I like the idea of that as well.

Parallax

I loved the idea of the sentry. But what they turned him into is a damn tragedy. I mean so much potential. I mean a lot of potential and they wasted that shit hard.

But the one character I would love to read a book about is MVP/Scarlet Spiders. I like the idea of that as well.

MVP was doomed from the start. An admirable kid with the potential to be the next cap? During civil war? Naw, he was toast. The first gen initiative rookies all got tainted in one way or another like cloud 9

MVP was doomed from the start. An admirable kid with the potential to be the next cap? During civil war? Naw, he was toast. The first gen initiative rookies all got tainted in one way or another like cloud 9

Yeah but it didnt hurt for that wishful thinking. I liked The Initiative. I think I stopped buying books right after secret invasion. But you right the first gen got put through hell. Did you ever read the annual where they were talking to the chick who had the Tactigon being interviewed. Good shit.

You know I remember reading in an old wizard (back when they really did comic related shit) about the ultimate team taken from the big 3. Heres the question for you BCT. If you could make a team of 7 to handle any threat in any comic universe, who would it be?

You can pick from any known character from any publisher. You have to only have 7 members and 3 backups. You have to have a clear cut leader as well. And you have to tell what these characters bring to the table. Remember a team of powerhouses and shit if they cant handle the small details. You know what hold that I think I will make this my first thread.

Where did he get hit?

The "Do you fear God" thread got turned into a graveyard... nine bans by my count. Two pages, but posts were deleted. About eight banned users are visible, and I believe that blamespace was banned as well.

Presumably because of their jokes/comments about how God doesn't exist, which has derailed religious threads in the past... I think mods are cracking down on it. Dunno how long anyone's banned, though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm always curious as to why so many atheists are so enthusiast and ready to shout down someone who's religious.

The whole point is not to care. It only becomes a drama-filled topic when both parties commit to doing so.

I know that secret invasion was shit n all. But you should have stayed on, Dark Reign was awesome.

I stayed paying attention and keeping up but thats when I stopped buying books monthly. And the height of my game I was ducking out damn near 100 bones a week. And the jobs wasnt coming like they used to so I had to make that sacrifice. But im thinking about getting back into a couple of monthly books. But I dont know which. I want some obscure shit. Like I used to read and enjoy The Boys and Fables. I was getting Project Superpowers as well so im not just going for the big 2.

and RIP Angelus. Hopefully he went out swinging.
And when the amazon coming back? She still banned until Sept?

Parallax

I know that secret invasion was shit n all. But you should have stayed on, Dark Reign was awesome.

im gonna say something sacrilegious to some, but i prefered the weakness of secret invasion to the overall whatness that was final crisis. i dont know what the hell happened, but coming off of infinite crisis, it was disorganized like crazy.

im gonna say something sacrilegious to some, but i prefered the weakness of secret invasion to the overall whatness that was final crisis. i dont know what the hell happened, but coming off of infinite crisis, it was disorganized like crazy.

You and I are on the same page.
I know that Secret Invasion was clear cut. You read the main book you know what was going on. Final Crisis I was confused as shit. Now Infinite Crisis I could dig. It had its moment but you know what was happening.

Deprive

I agree with you man. Had to give Final Crisis a few reads. Like what the fuck is going on. :\

Top Bottom