• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Checking into it now. Very worried. It's playing fine for me, but that doesn't mean a thing. Have you tried jumping ahead to see if it plays at later points?

As it goes, it is working for me now. Whatever you did, it fixed it. Thanks.

Edit: Now its stuck at 18 minutes in. Weird.

harSon

Banned
Jesus, my immediate boss is putting me in a tough spot. She's at that stage in her career where she's just counting the days until retirement, and has had it up to here with her current job. She's supposed to be training me, but half of my training time is spent on the recieving end of her soap box. She's angry and bitter, and is basically that old black woman at church that you can't tell shit.

On one hand, I'm reluctant to say anything since she's the one who fought for me to be hired, but on the other end, this is some bullshit. She calls me over to her office on the daily, tells me to pull a chair and then just unloads for about 60-90 minutes a day at least. She talks shit on the job, talks shit about employees and doesn't give a flying fuck how loud she is while venting. I'm just left there in an uncomftorble position, and as much as I want to say something about the situation, I'm not trying to rock the boat 3 months into a new job... especially against someone who's been there as long as she has been. I'm basically her psychologist at this point...

As it goes, it is working for me now. Whatever you did, it fixed it. Thanks.

Edit: Now its stuck at 18 minutes in. Weird.

Working on it now. By the day's end, I'll have overhauled the page, added show notes, and the ability to download. Sorry about the tech errors. Square space is a wonderful thing...but perfect it ain't.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
lol. It's one of my top ten for this year.
Maybe I just watched it at the wrong time but it pissed me off early on and then just made me more angry as time went on. I can't really discuss it without getting too into spoilers but a lot of the plot just rubbed me the wrong way. There's some genuine storytelling in there that I recognize, and I resonate with the cinematography itself but the way the plot was handled really bothered me probably more than it should have but I couldn't get past it and so basically it ruined the rest by proxy.

Wanted to chime in on this thread. for those of you looking for a new podcast until So Well Spoken comes back, give "No Apologies" a go. It's a pop culture based podcast with an emphasis on film. Haven't decided if we're going to do a gaming based spinoff, or just give it a portion of the current show depending on the guest, but if you're looking for a podcast by creatives that work in the industry discussing film from a different perspective, check us out. We'd love the feedback. Criticism. Notes. Whatever.

www.blackbanditsho.com
(No Apologies Podcast)
Listen while at work it was solid and I will listen again. Damn ya boy lit into Kerry.

Wanted to chime in on this thread. for those of you looking for a new podcast until So Well Spoken comes back, give "No Apologies" a go. It's a pop culture based podcast with an emphasis on film. Haven't decided if we're going to do a gaming based spinoff, or just give it a portion of the current show depending on the guest, but if you're looking for a podcast by creatives that work in the industry discussing film from a different perspective, check us out. We'd love the feedback. Criticism. Notes. Whatever.

www.blackbanditsho.com
(No Apologies Podcast)

no RSS feed?

one day i'll write up how that story ended

maybe

"There I was, faced with a life altering decision. I could either bounce for Hawaii and continue my rolling stone ways or stay and father this beautiful child with a great woman who I could one day call my wife. Hawaii was dope."

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
BlackBanditSho, that Upstream Color chat got heated but it was exactly that way when I was talking to my friends who recommended it. I feel like there are merits to both sides of the debate about meaning/storytelling but I feel I still land on the side of the director lacking some direction and thus alienating me from the film in a lot of ways.

But yeah the podcast was awesome, you guys mesh pretty well in that you all bring a unique perspective and bring some funny stuff to different subjects. I did feel the cast dragged a little in the middle when you guys strayed off-topic for a while, but the stuff at the start felt fresh and on point and the guest spot was great. Would be awesome if ya'll got skullgirls in for a show.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We can do a new podcast whenever

COUGH COUGH (just not in the next two days)

And yeah, first off.... #notmine and I was only dating her. She was 2 months pregnant when we met. SECONDLY she came at me all wrong twice. Devo, my confessional, confirm this as I prepare my write ups.

So my whole house almost died today. Let's just say I'm an amazing cook. But don't pour shit on a hot skillet without my authorization. But on the bright side I learned how to make homemade pepper spray. Lol.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
So my whole house almost died today. Let's just say I'm an amazing cook. But don't pour shit on a hot skillet without my authorization. But on the bright side I learned how to make homemade pepper spray. Lol.

LOL that brought back memories. I did that while living on my own back in 2000...I had to stumble to the window blind as Helen Keller to get some relief.

Top Bottom