• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gorillaz

That's all for today

iAeqGSqj8LVK2.gif

edit: T Howard would be the best choice, I mean he can't be worth that much after the Ironman 1 fallout right?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I wonder what flavor hot sauce Moris used when he ate Dy's soul.

Gorillaz

I need to stop watching BET features. This movie Doing Hard Time is so fucking ratchet and it continues to amaze me to the end.

Dude killed a kid, the kids dad comes after him in jail, they fight, they for some reason make up, dad gets killed and at the end of it all the killer of the kid is out of jail standing by the grave site of the dad pouring out a 40,drinks it and then leaves it at the tombstone.

Spinluck

Story time is the best time.

Yo Beef, you gotta let me read
one of your Sonic fan fics some time.

Man, I'm one grouchy bastard when I wake up. It might have to do with the fact I usually wake up with allergies, and my stupid eyelashes are trying to destroy my fucking by eyeballs curling inward and shit. I once spent like 20mins trying to pull those hairs out or away from my eyes. Is this a normal thing? Fml.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Man, I'm one grouchy bastard when I wake up. It might have to do with the fact I usually wake up with allergies, and my stupid eyelashes are trying to destroy my fucking by eyeballs curling inward and shit. I once spent like 20mins trying to pull those hairs out or away from my eyes. Is this a normal thing? Fml.

Its a condition i think - trichiasis

Spinluck

Wow, you gotta be kidding me. And here I was thinking about making a thread asking GAF about switching over from glasses to contact lens- or just living with both. This eyelash crap has annoyed me for perhaps the last 5yrs. The most aggravating thing is when it prevents me from sleeping or happens while I'm trying to watch something, I go paranoid lol.

Anyway, I heard Dave Chappelle is back on tour doing stand up, this true? I'd be ok with Dave coming back, even if we have to take him back as swole Dave.

Wow, you gotta be kidding me. And here I was thinking about making a thread asking GAF about switching over from glasses to contact lens- or just living with both. This eyelash crap has annoyed me for perhaps the last 5yrs. The most aggravating thing is when it prevents me from sleeping or happens while I'm trying to watch something, I go paranoid lol.

Anyway, I heard Dave Chappelle is back on tour doing stand up, this true? I'd be ok with Dave coming back, even if we have to take him back as swole Dave.

seeing him on Sunday: http://www.funnyordie.com/oddball

ReiGun

KI has got such an uphill battle. Reviving a dead franchise on a new system using a model that's unproven for it's genre. Game gonna have to fight for every last dollar.

harSon

Banned
KI is going to have 8 characters and you have to buy them separate.

It's almost like people's brains are recoding XB1 related shit into what they want to see at this point. You can purchase them separately if you want, but it's $19.99 for the whole game and 8 characters, and if you assume they'll at least expand the game to the roster of 11 found within Killer Instinct 1 & 2, the complete game will cost $35. How is that bad?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wait...it's launching with less characters than Skullgirls and you have to pay for the dlc?

Get thine fuck outta here.

edit: Why not just release the game at 15-20, with the eight actual characters, instead of this f2p bullshit. How is this going to have a functioning community?

It's almost like people's brains are recoding XB1 related shit into what they want to see at this point. You can purchase them separately if you want, but it's $19.99 for the whole game and 8 characters, and if you assume they'll at least expand the game to the roster of 11 found within Killer Instinct 1 & 2, the complete game will cost $35. How is that bad?

Because it's dumb as fuck and going to kill the community before it even has a chance to start?

Wait...it's launching with less characters than Skullgirls and you have to pay for the dlc?

Get thine fuck outta here.

edit: Why not just release the game at 15-20, with the eight actual characters, instead of this f2p bullshit. How is this going to have a functioning community?

It's probably not going to. From what I've seen the fighting scene didn't seem very excited about it, F2P will ensure lots of people playing as the free character, F2P will probably always entice people to dip their toes in as Jago or whoever and anyone who gives a shit about the game will by necessity be awesome at beating that 1 character's ass and make the learning curve increasingly higher for new players, 6 characters at launch and 2 more soon after is just silly.

For free its worth a try, but I can't see why anyone into fighting games would invest their time into such an unknown.

harSon

Banned
Because it's dumb as fuck and going to kill the community before it even has a chance to start?

You said you have to buy them separately. You don't. And just because you can purchase them separately doesn't mean that everyone will. It's more expensive to purchase them separately and I'm sure if people had planned to buy the complete KI experience before it was announced to be f2p, they'll drop the $20-35 for the game. The biggest issue is the influx of Jago characters, but that's honestly no different than having to face Ryu/Ken repeatedly in SF4, and will be a non-issue in the end since players exclusively using the 1 character f2p demo version of the game are likely going to be weeded out of your match making as you improve in ranking.

ReiGun

Why even bother with the f2p, when you could just release the Jago only version as a demo and then charge the $20 for the full game with 8 chars? It's unnecessary.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
People are going to wait and let others buy and try the characters and just pick whoever ends up being the cheapest play while others will collect dust because no one has bothered to buy and learn the character.

harSon

Banned
The most impressive next generation game continues to be Project Spark. Utilizing Kinect for voice and motion capture is genius, and the flexibility of what can be created is pretty amazing.

The only question is the same issue I had with Little Big Planet, and that's whether the game's gameplay mechanics are fun to play.

People are going to wait and let others buy and try the characters and just pick whoever ends up being the cheapest play while others will collect dust because no one has bothered to buy and learn the character.

I'd agree if the entire game weren't $20, but it's $20. If Microsoft were smart, they'd release a retail version of the game like they did with Minecraft, and it'll likely sell quite well. Having a $20 game next to a bunch of $60 games is going to make it an impulse purchase.

Gorillaz

Never was really a fan of using F2P on fighters. Felt the same when Tekken Revolution came out.

edit: I don't even know where my newish tag came from

Street Fighter II characters:

Street Fighter 4 characters:

Mortal Kombat characters:

Mortal Kombat characters (2012):

Killer Instinct characters:

KI 2013:

harSon

Banned
Street Fighter 2 - $79.99
Street Fighter 4 - $59.99
Mortal Kombat - $59.99
Mortal Kombat (2012) - $59.99
Killer Instinct (SNES) - $69.99

Killer Instinct (XB1) - $20

Price doesn't matter. When this game is dead in a month and everyone feels like they wasted their time what are they going to say? Fighting games live and die off the back of the FGC. If there isn't any depth in the roster it will die.

harSon

Banned
Price doesn't matter. When this game is dead in a month and everyone feels like they wasted their time what are they going to say? Fighting games live and die off the back of the FGC. If there isn't any depth in the roster it will die.

Fighting games don't exclusively live and die by their roster sizes, they also live and die by their gameplay depth. Hell, Skull Girls launched with 8 fighters to its roster.

FyreWulff

I'm indifferent to the game. Ultimately just feels like another Rare property getting the Perfect Dark Zero treatment, just for the sake of having a Rare IP at launch.

Too much flash all over the screen. Health pools way too high. Ability to combo with multiple hits from range. KI doesn't look enjoyable to me.

Top Bottom