• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Imm0rt4l

Looking forward to the rest of DY's story and Moris next directors cut.

Fighting games don't exclusively live and die by their roster sizes, they also live and die by their gameplay depth. Hell, Skull Girls launched with 8 fighters to its roster.
Skullgirls was born out of the fgc, namely mike z and a bunch of hardcore mvc2 players. I'll take a wait and see approach but KI will probably be kinda dead in the water I think.

Wow, DY, you need to get working on the novel.

Wanted to chime in on this thread. for those of you looking for a new podcast until So Well Spoken comes back, give "No Apologies" a go. It's a pop culture based podcast with an emphasis on film. Haven't decided if we're going to do a gaming based spinoff, or just give it a portion of the current show depending on the guest, but if you're looking for a podcast by creatives that work in the industry discussing film from a different perspective, check us out. We'd love the feedback. Criticism. Notes. Whatever.

www.blackbanditsho.com
(No Apologies Podcast)

Checked out the first two episodes. Great talk aside from the cultural determinism stuff about Ang Lee - the greatest Western director was Italian and Lee has lived in the US since his college years. Only thing I would suggest is a download option.

RedSwirl

Europe preorders must have been disgusting for MS to back a money truck up to EA.

I've always been saying Microsoft should try harder in continental Europe. That's a territory they've always been inexplicably losing to Sony. Though I hear it's more about Xbox Live not being worth a damn outside English-speaking territories.

Onemic

My biggest beef with KI is that it seems to take one of the worst aspects of Marvel 3 and decided to amplify it to 100 and make it the entire game. Long as hell combos anywhere on the screen that can literally go on forever. The game looks pretty much like an exhibition on who can correctly guess when to break the other persons combo with a combo breaker, with no real depth inbetween.

harSon

Banned
Different strokes I guess. The art design looks infinitely better to me than anime bullshit like BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and Persona 4 Arena. From a character design standpoint at least. The backgrounds in those games are superb though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hate all you want - KI looks like ass to anyone who's ever played a fighting game longer than 2 weeks at a time.

Karsius said it best, its everything people hate about mahvel, multiplied, and with none of the creativity.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Can't wait for 9 different threads trying to be the first to announce the ps4 release date

#strugglegamingside

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I just saw Bish strike the fear of the Lord into a few posters on gaming side. LOL.

Also, dem PS4 launch window rumours, haha

Street Fighter 2 - $79.99
Street Fighter 4 - $59.99
Mortal Kombat - $59.99
Mortal Kombat (2012) - $59.99
Killer Instinct (SNES) - $69.99

Killer Instinct (XB1) - $20

Super Street Fighter II on SNES was the first game I ever saved up money to buy.

dat $79.99 in allowance and chores money

Slayven

Hahah dude is sweating. This gif kills me.

kazining.gif

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Man....even with the stuff we heard, that PS4 release date is late here in Europe.

Rest assured MS will either:

1 - Release with CoD: Ghosts
2 - Aggressively target Black Friday sales.

Either way, they will be out of the gate earlier with Xbox One.

Furyous

Mario Balotelli is on the new SI cover and I'm proud. I'm proud everybody that's a part of the diaspora making it in the world.

harSon

Banned
Rime looks really good, and now I'm contemplating getting a Vita. Wasn't really too impressed with any of the other newly announced games though. I think Sony may be taking the Indie thing a little to seriously though, and I feel the press conference could have been about 45 minutes instead of what we got.

I'm kind of conflicted on whether I go PS4/Vita for Indies, or just stick with PC since the games will ultimately end up there and at a considerably cheaper price at some point.

I knew people were overhyped for Gamescom. It was actually worst than I had expected across the board. It's kind of tough to bring the heat within a conference that is sandwhiched between e3, TGS and VGA.

Slayven

This event hurt Nintendo more then anyone else. Sony and MS are making moves and hustling, which will only benefit the consumer. Nintendo is like "here is the wii u and 3 ds if you want, whatevs."

$100 for 32gig LOL!

Vita isn't even a consideration for me til they prove that PS4 connectivity is worthwhile and those memory card prices get out of 2002.

This event hurt Nintendo more then anyone else. Sony and MS are making moves and hustling, which will only benefit the consumer. Nintendo is like "here is the wii u and 3 ds if you want, whatevs."

I honestly don't get the point of a Wii:U with DS and mobile gaming already out on the market.

I don't mobile game at all but I can admit I want a 3ds. That lineup is solid and a lot of things I want to play. (SMT4)

Hate to beat a dead horse but I WAS a diehard KI fan. The new one looks like shit. To be honest it looks like its suffering from that trying to hard. I will be the first to eat shit if it makes an impact but let's be honest bigger titles have failed(SFxT). Its a novel idea to try to rekindle that nostalgia but its just that....
Nostalgia.

What's bad is I still pull KI Gold out and rock on it at least once a month. But in this age of the FGC motherfuckers are critical. Its really being sent to fail. I honestly think that when it was announced we all (fans) had it in our head as to what it was gonna be and unfortunately it could never live up to expectations. But again we will see.

ReiGun

Nintendo should have just stayed the course with the Wii Remote. They have not figured out how to market the Gamepad as an idea worth getting excited about and I have no idea how they could.

Still getting one for dat Bayonetta 2, but man, Nintendo is feeling dat struggle right now.

Top Bottom