• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Do ya'll peel the potatoes at the crawfish boils?

cuz I don't. I eat them mothafuckas straight raw, or sometimes break 'em open and get some butter in there. My mom look at me like I'm crazy, I'm like "man, we do enough peeling as it is with all this crawfish/crab legs"

My nigga. I love the potatoes with skin on em. I never met a person who peeled them actually.

Nakazato

Do ya'll peel the potatoes at the crawfish boils?

cuz I don't. I eat them mothafuckas straight raw, or sometimes break 'em open and get some butter in there. My mom look at me like I'm crazy, I'm like "man, we do enough peeling as it is with all this crawfish/crab legs"
Nope I eat the whole fucking thing

Gorillaz

Jay Z always had producers carry him and do the work. Lyric wise he's spotty and that showed when he didn't do much with that ford beat that he wasted

Lebron

Jay-Z had a good run.

He been running off fumes since '01

ib1rotAHY7LLBB.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Jay has dropped plenty of gems, lyrically: history revision aside. He def didn't do much here (heaven and Crown aside). I wish this was a Rozay or Asap Rocky album. It would have been AOTY off of the skrenf of them being able to actually handle the beats.

Nas' verse was ass on this album too. >.>

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Jay is the Brett favre on the vikings of rap. Give him a team with some great producers and features, and he won't fuck it up to much due to veteran savvy....

But retirement is staring him in the face and some of those okie dokie youth rappers who weren't on his level are starting to be legitimate in comparison....

Jay is getting close to the end unfortunately.

Imm0rt4l

Jay used to wear #23, now he rocking #45

at least Yeezus wasn't boring

I'll give Yeezus that, but I think over time 808's will be a better album than yeezus. Ye does seem to go for an avant garde style, but it really doesn't feel like natural progression to me, seems more like a try hard imo.

Slayven

Folks saying Jay Z sold out because he got Samsung to buy his shit sight unseen.

That ain't selling out, that is winning.

Folks want to bootleg shit AND have the artist struggling.

Folks saying Jay Z sold out because he got Samsung to buy his shit sight unseen.

That ain't selling out, that is winning.

Folks want to bootleg shit AND have the artist struggling.
People are saying he sold out because of that? Hahahahahaha what!?

My only complaint is that the mp3s are only 160 kbps

Recon

Banned
Jay Z didnt sell out, he made a smart business deal. It helps that this album is better than his recent efforts.

Nick Cannon is doing some lame ass 4th of July show. This dude is so fucking corny, how does he get work.

Personally he is a "safe" black person. Like Wayne Brady or al roker. Remember the less threatening they are they gonna run with it. Plus he is married to mariah Carey.

Gorillaz

He's trying to be a Ryan Sycrest "got a hand in every cookie jar" type. Trying to get paid so he doesn't have to rely on MC giving him an allowance every other week

Imm0rt4l

I'm pissed, was really looking forward to this steak. It was the worst fucking cut ever, shit had no flavor and had the texture of rubber. Best part of the meal was the fucking mashed potatoes, smh.

Top Bottom