• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

FreeMufasa

Talking bout cosplay, I just saw Maria Ramos as Poison from SFIV.

tumblr_mra2u1CDjg1szfysto1_250.jpg
tumblr_mra2u1CDjg1szfysto4_250.jpg

tumblr_mra2u1CDjg1szfysto2_250.jpg
tumblr_mra2u1CDjg1szfysto3_250.jpg

Christ.

W6tlaVI.gif

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Imm0rt4l

Speaking of cosplay, anyone here watch Heroes of Cosplay? I saw an episode last night and Yaya Han went in on Nigri lol.
The thought of cosplay girls going in on each other, I find amusing. Never heard of it and only person I know of in cosplay is nigri since she is seemingly everywhere.

"Bitch u ain't no real otaku, u ain't bout dat life. Whatchu know bout getting fondled by old Japanese men on the train. I'm out here in akihabara, in these streets mang."

harSon

Banned
Man it is too damn early in the morning to be feeling things man. Little man got screen presence.

In one commercial it goes from black people picking cotton, to the black panthers. I could only laugh.

Director's not too bad either. George Tillman Jr. who did Soul Food, Men of Honor and Notorious. Hopefully the movie is good though, looks interesting enough.

J10

Banned
Speaking of cosplay, anyone here watch Heroes of Cosplay? I saw an episode last night and Yaya Han went in on Nigri lol.

Is Jessica Nigri one of the ones who doesn't make her own costumes and doesn't actually know characters? Whenever there's beef between cosplayers it's usually about that.

bud

lTZx6yt.jpg

speaking of young black actors: if you look closely, you'll see a black dude in the background. do you guys think he could be an actor.

The thought of cosplay girls going in on each other, I find amusing. Never heard of it and only person I know of in cosplay is nigri since she is seemingly everywhere.

"Bitch u ain't no real otaku, u ain't bout dat life. Whatchu know bout getting fondled by old Japanese men on the train. I'm out here in akihabara, in these streets mang."

Is Jessica Nigri one of the ones who doesn't make her own costumes and doesn't actually know characters? Whenever there's beef between cosplayers it's usually about that.

Yeah, it was basically about how she is using her sex appeal and that's it. No creativity, desire, motivation, etc. Basically calling her out as "fake"

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Yeah, it was basically about how she is using her sex appeal and that's it. No creativity, desire, motivation, etc. Basically calling her out as "fake"

They might as well be calling each other poseurs when one of them is wearing a Slayer shirt and the other one is wearing a Poison shirt. The only people who care are either dorks or wannabes

Village

Cosplay beef is hilarious to me.

Just two very attractive women arguing, about how one is super fake and its a pretty valid argument but its made hilarious because you are imagining them in silly video game costumes. And all the while you are imagining them speaking as ghetto as possible.

They might as well be calling each other poseurs when one of them is wearing a Slayer shirt and the other one is wearing a Poison shirt. The only people who care are either dorks or wannabes

People care about their craft. This isn't new, Plenty people care about their craft. " you are a dork for caring about that thing you are wasting massive amounts of your life on," that sounds a bit silly doesn't it?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
People care about their craft. This isn't new, Plenty people care about their craft. " you are a dork for caring about that thing you are wasting massive amounts of your life on," that sounds a bit silly doesn't it?
Depending on what "that thing" is... not necessarily.

J10

Banned
You can tell that there's a significant amount of work that goes into building those costumes (for the ones that actually do it themselves), so I can totally understand why they get pissy over someone piggybacking off the subculture.

I know BelleChere does commissions and I assume the folks who buy costumes from her credit her for it.

BelleChere>>>

phaonaut

Wanted to chime in on this thread. for those of you looking for a new podcast until So Well Spoken comes back, give "No Apologies" a go. It's a pop culture based podcast with an emphasis on film. Haven't decided if we're going to do a gaming based spinoff, or just give it a portion of the current show depending on the guest, but if you're looking for a podcast by creatives that work in the industry discussing film from a different perspective, check us out. We'd love the feedback. Criticism. Notes. Whatever.

www.blackbanditsho.com
(No Apologies Podcast)

Is a direct download available? I get disconnected every 5mins.

Mr. Patch

Sonic Lost World has a special edition that has NiGHTS levels and shit.

But I don't have the money
or want to use my own money
for a Wii U in October.

Top Bottom