• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Outkast/Cee-lo: Nigga, you need to git up, git out and git somethin
Don't let the days of your life pass by
You need to git up, git out and git somethin
Don't spend all your time tryin to get high
You need git up, git out and git somethin
How will you make it if you never even try
You need to git up, git out and git somethin
Cuz you and I got to do for you and I

Tru

Dat Youtube monaaaay! Most subscribed channel on all of YT is crazy though. Dude caught the right break and worked his ass off on the rest.

Seriously, though it's still pretty wild.

I don't hate on any youtube personalty I just don't watch. BUT that Fred motherfucker makes me reduce the world to ash.

Ugh, fuck that guy. My little cousins loved him. First time I started to feel old.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tuesday through Friday were 'work' on top of work. I didn't waste any time getting back to the people that sent me out there with Beth and Aaron and letting them know that he not only was cheating on his wife, but that he was completely negligent regarding her welfare, that he violated his alcohol 'probation', and that Beth was in fact suicidal. Then I quickly learned that people would much rather watch someone fail utterly and completely than risk their positions, no matter how meaningless they are, in order to help someone with a shitty resume. No one jumped out of their chair or gave more than a hint of a fuck with what I had learned so far... and it wasn't entirely their fault. I was nothing more than a chaperone that day. What I did have would be my word against his and there's no telling what stance Beth would take just a day later. It wasn't worth swinging for the fences - So I was told to "keep an eye out on him... you never know" which can mean all kinds of shit. So I continued with my original plan of burying him.

Each morning that week, while everyone else was giving Aaron the obvious stinkeye and shunning him more than usual, I made it a point to understand him like a true bro. I've never smiled and nodded more in my life. This man went from jokingly bringing up divorce scenarios a week ago to frightfully searching for ways to freeze his wife out of anything and everything in his life. This is especially threatening to a military spouse as they often only know of about a third of what they're entitled to. But he wasn't just satisfied with his money for some reason, he was trying to turn people that never met her against her. He'd begun this odd campaign with his family to murder her name and paint her as a drug addict and thief too (which is hilarious because two months prior she bought him a 1,400 dollar laptop and she bailed him out of jail at least twice that I knew of). He was a shitty liar and I let him believe that he was a great one as long as I was around. Dude loved to confide in me from Tuesday on. It was easy. All I had to do was wait for him to fuck up again and be ready for it. When I wasn't talking Aaron up, I was talking to other people that knew of his past shitbaggery and people that cut him off in the recent weeks - including those at the couples' party. Time went by slow but sure enough, this dude didn't last 4 days - and neither did this other guy...

Calvin. Calvin is the chump motherfucker I mentioned last valentine's day in the BCT. This is the guy who drove out to a middle of nowhere military garage to meet this woman and hand off flowers, a teddy bear, and the keys to his car to a woman who wasn't even his friend on facebook. Before he pulled up, this woman literally told/showed me the red lingerie she was about to get freaky in with some other dude. "I just want you to know, you're my friend - and I'll always be there for you as a friend. Always." as he gave her the keys to his 2012 Mustang before she sped down the road for some Ranger Pipe. Calvin is a pathetic simp. Yes, he deserves a bronze star. That doesn't mean you can't be a simp. That also doesn't mean you can't completely fuck over a guy who's having a marriage crisis. Calvin, was at the couple's party after Aaron walked those drunken 13 miles and apparently he was too ready to play his Joe's Greatest Hits mixtape that night too.

Now... I've been the unit's kicking-dog for almost a year now. People like me, but they won't stop me from getting kicked. Calvin always thought I was cool people. So it was too easy to pretend that I'd just been kicked again. I asked him for his phone one day

"Man... they cancelled my leave again. I just want to call my grandma and let her know that I won't be back for her birthday."
"Again? Geez dude. Here. Don't even worry about it"
"Thanks man, good looking out. :((("

I called my grandmother to talk about how she needed to mail my shit because fuck Durham, NC. Then I went through his text messages because this dude makes Drake look like DMX and there was no doubt in my mind that he'd said some extra shit to Beth. Little did I fucking know that he was texting her about how she should leave Aaron and get with him while she was in the fucking hospital with her husband right next to her. (Yes, Beth and Aaron were sharing their phone at the time. There was no doubt in my mind that Aaron saw it - but he's a proven dumbass, so there was no way to tell how he would or had reacted). So Calvin officially became someone that I could use at that point. Gave him his phone back and laughed at yet another clown that doesn't delete text messages. I found Aaron outside and immediately went to work.

"You know Calvin, right?"
"Yeah I know that clown lol. What about him?"
"You know he's been eying your wife?"

I threw this out because I needed to know right then and there what kind of man Aaron was regarding this sort of thing.

"Yeah. But a lot of guys eye my wife haha. Its not big deal"

You fucking idiot. How the fuck do you breathe and walk at the same time?

"Aite... just wondering man. You know I'm just looking out for you and Beth bro"

Again, too fucking easy. I walk back inside and run in to Ellen. She doesn't say a word to me - like a fucking boss. Ellen was a smart woman. She caught a whiff of what was going on somehow and disappeared faster than Field Mob. I knew better than to call her and she knew better than to call me. But its a small world. And Calvin, like any trueborn simp, simps in all directions at once. And right in front of me (fortunately the only person in that room that knew what was going on) he asks her "Is Beth still mad at you?"

ibuMGpFxqEaMm0.gif

Beth goes from cool calm and collected woman to damn near sprinting out the door. I didn't even blink, just kept walking. Walking and thinking. So Calvin was apparently trying to be everywhere. He was running surveillance for Beth in order to get in good and was showing an effort to get Ellen to run into his arms for protection in some weird way. It was a lot of shit to process for me. I wanted to do a lot with what I learned, but fuck it - Friday. Time to get tore up.

I head to my room, get cut, lay out my clothes, hop in the shower and then my phone blows up. I'm not trying to reach for the phone while wiping my ass down - that's barbaric, so I wait til I get out. Three missed calls. One from Aaron, one from the worthless people who told me to keep an eye out, and one from Beth. And no messages because I guess people just don't do that shit in 2012. Call Beth back, no answer. Call the dumbasses in charge, they tell me to get dressed and get ready to go to the hospital. Before I can even ask why, I get a text from Aaron that says Beth is in the hospital - she tried to commit suicide again and that he was on his way to pick me up.

Gorillaz

Thank god I didn't view BCT today in my class. I'm in a 200+ lecture and having cosplay popup on my phone while having like 10 chicks behind me would have been
scusthov.gif

R3TRODYCE

Woke up yesterday and said eh lets hop on Amazon to order the new Splinter Cell. I get it today put in the second disc to install the hd packs, it finishes then I put in the first and the first disc doesn't work; This is some ole bullshit, I feel like someone set this shit up man.

Anyone like Ginger Beer?

Its hard to find the good shit in America. Goya makes the most decent I have found in my area, but I want some strong shit. If anyone knows a brand that's decent in the states let me know.

DY_nasty

I got my ex a diamond necklace for valentine's day.

I laughed it off because Calvin made me look like Clooney.

Some ass clown walks up and down my street with a whistle.

metal-whistle.jpg

There are also two young punks who walk down our street who are about | | this close to me letting the dog loose because they're of a most unsavory fucked character that I'm starting to get annoyed with.

Nakazato

Shaved my beard a few days back....
I made a huge mistake

I looks like I'm 16 with a LeBron hairline. On top of the I have fucking hair bumps everywhere and they fucking hurt. I just want to go back in time and slap the shit out of myself for thinking this was a good idea.

God I hope a can get a waiver for this ughhhh

Slayven

I made a huge mistake

I looks like I'm 16 with a LeBron hairline. On top of the I have fucking hair bumps everywhere and they fucking hurt. I just want to go back in time and slap the shit out of myself for thinking this was a good idea.

I know your pain, when i was 15 I saved my head with a Mach 3. Never again.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I made a huge mistake

Get some of this:
0060757500001_500X500.jpg

it kills razor bumps and soothes the skin nicely. Take it from a dude who's been shaving for years

FyreWulff

I've been wanting to shave all the way but I don't want to play with ingrown hairs. The closest I've come is using a Wahl trimmer with the smallest standoff on the blades.

It just turned my fivehead into a sixhead and I had at least 5 people in Los Angeles call me 'the big scary bald guy'

You know the baseball caps with the plastic adjustment thing on the back? Yeah, those hats barely get on my head at the biggest setting. Meanwhile my stepdad will put on the hat and he looks like Charlie Brown wearing his baseball cap.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Anyone like Ginger Beer?

Its hard to find the good shit in America. Goya makes the most decent I have found in my area, but I want some strong shit. If anyone knows a brand that's decent in the states let me know.

yeah bro but home made is the best. I haven't tried Goya yet and I'm not sure about other brands

yeah bro but home made is the best. I haven't tried Goya yet and I'm not sure about other brands

Goya is the only one I've tried that had some kick to it. I got some Reed's today at the store it said extra ginger so I got excited, and shit was WEAK.

I want the shit that is so strong it burns. Makes you cough and shit, the good stuff. I need to try and remember the brand I had as a kid when I was on vacation in Barbados, cause that shit was amazing.

I didnt even know Vin Diesel had kids till I ran into a random Tonight Show interview where he brought them out.

He keeps his private life mostly under wraps. He seems like a really cool nerdy guy who just found fame but just wants it to further his projects not anything else.

harSon

Banned
He can act. My favorite non Pitch Black film is still his short Multi-Facial. I always recommend it. It actually has some very poignant racial tropes in it.

Yeah Multi-Facial is good, I've recommended it a lot in the past. His best acting performance is probably Find Me Guilty though.

Edit: Michael K. Williams is in Spike Lee's Kickstarter funded film, and Idris Elba signed on for Cary Fukunaga's new film (UCSC Alumni!) who is the director behind Sin Nombre (Watch it if you haven't) and Jane Eyre. http://www.slashfilm.com/wire-actor...iams-join-cary-fukunaga-and-spike-lee-movies/

DY_nasty

Okay. So fuck my weekend. Not going to lie... when I got those phone calls, I was ready for my shit to get fucked up. I was thinking that I had a really good chance to take a bullet. People get shot over dumb shit all the time - I was into this way deeper than anyone with sense would be. All I had to do was never pick up the phone. Claim to be drunk. It all would've gone away. But... fuck it, it was a rare chance to choose how I'd die.

Gotta put the gameface back on. Hang up on first lieutenant "do my job for me, DY" and call Aaron up. Dude doesn't sound necessarily panicked or anything at all. In fact, he sounds like he's joking. When he's talking about his wife, all I see is the ohyou.jpg face as if he expected it and was already ready to laugh on it. I'm not feeling like digging into anything over the phone since I needed to get to the hospital, so I just rolled with it. He picked me up in the parking lot. Dude was waiting for me. Go figure.

So we're riding up there and he's giving me the speech about how much of a great friend I've been to him and his wife and its too easy to see that he's now at the point where he talks to hear himself rather than communicate. Aaron believes his own bullshit now. He was never a good liar, but now he's the only person who takes that shit to heart. Its about 10 minutes to this hospital (its on-post, a different hospital - he wouldn't dare take to her to military hospital if he could help it) so I figure I may as well get his story now so that I can sort out this shit as fast as possible.

According to Aaron... Aaron told Beth that he was ready to get a divorce. Aaron began to pack his things and get ready to go to his cousin's house to stay when she went into a violent tirade and tried to hit him with a lamp. Aaron, because he's a trained killing machine and definitely not a UAV operator, grabs her wrist, twirls her around and pins her against the wall - where he then tells her that he loves her so much that he has to let her go. Beth, being the crazy bitch that she is, runs to the medicine cabinet and threatens to down everything she can get her hands on. Fortunately, Aaron threw her to floor in the kitchen then poured all of the pills down the drain while calling the police to diffuse the situation. The police came, she was cray, they cuffed her then threw her in the car as she beat against the window. They took her to the hospital because of the suicide threat. Word.

Uh huh.

So we pull up to the hospital that I know inside and out due to being king of rehab. Walk into the emergency room and sure enough, Beth's name is on the list. Aaron is still a dumbass. And he looked like he might've been drunk too... So as we walk in, I give every police officer and nurse the look. The "I'm here as the guy my unit sent but I don't really fuck with this dude - get ready to be on call" look. After about 5 minutes of waiting around to be seen, we're called up. At first, I'm not allowed in - but Aaron... Aaron comes through for me. He vouches for me - and explicitly gives me permission to see his wife in his stead whenever I need to as he'll be in and out and that she probably doesn't want to see him any time soon. He then went on to tell anyone who'd listen about how hard it was for him as a husband. Fortunately for me, these people were all in the waiting area and happened to be old ladies.

First thing I do when I turn the corner is catch up with one the cops who had brought her in to get the story from their side. On behalf of my unit and.... stuff. lol but he bit

According to the cops... We showed up at the residence so fast because we got two calls. First one was a hang up, the second was Aaron.

ibc2Od94QGcaPA.gif

In this call, Aaron said that Beth was belligerent and a suicide threat. That she attacked him with a knife and had taken at least 5 percs before he could flush the rest of the pills in the toilet. When they arrived however something entirely different was going on. Aaron was the one yelling and there had be no signs of any kind of physical altercation. Beth answered the door, and she volunteered to be taken away to end the entire situation. She got in the car, didn't say a word, then cried the whole way to the hospital. Word.

Now, that was something I planned to work with and this cop was way friendlier than he should've been with me. Figured I was living on borrowed time anyways so I decided to push my luck... He was posted right outside of Beth's room, so I told him to kick the bottom of the door when Aaron was getting ready to come in. He nodded.

I walk-in to see a nurse on the way out and Beth looking surprisingly awake and calm. "Sup, stranger?"

Yeah... I'm not Superman. I used up a lot of energy trying to stay focused on justice when I was in a room with her alone last week. I wasn't trying to do this while looking her in the eye the whole time. Yes, part of it was because this is a gorgeous woman. Most of it, however, was because she was going to have to consider a divorce and leaving the (douchebag) that she undoubtedly loved and we both knew that I was given the honor of being the unlucky bastard to walk the line.

"You don't look like you tried to kill yourself today, Beth."
"You do."
My chest, ugh. I gotta pace myself with this eye contact shit. Never more than 3 seconds... That's all I can handle...
"Shit is crazy right now and you know where I stand. What happened today?"
"Well, before I called the cops, I called you."
"...why?"

According to Beth... #whynot call that bitch? Beth did what anyone would do and went straight to the heart of the matter - Ellen. I mean, Aaron did make it easy by having the number in the phone. Along with a shitload of texts. Beth trusted Aaron completely, but after being verbally beaten over the head as the cause of their failing marriage, trust falters. One too smiley faces, Beth had seen enough. Aaron walked in on her right as she got to 'the good parts' and for once Aaron was right about something. He'd been caught. He then starts shouting, a lot. That's when she called me, and then the cops (both without him knowing) - And that's when Aaron changes his approach. He decides to act like they were just close friends. Don't ever take that road with a stripper. They know attraction and smiley faces better than anyone. Back to the wall and his grounds for a solid divorce based on Beth's insanity crumbling, he decided to commit to shitbaggery. He tells Beth, that if she calls Ellen, he's going to call the cops.

Like a boss, she calls Ellen and donates all of her fucks to charity. She says one thing "Stay out of my marriage" and hangs up after Ellen goes on to say that Aaron is the one that was trying to push things even after she stopped answering his calls. Aaron calls the cops and says that his wife is cray and saying she'll kill herself. Tired and wanting to be away from Aaron, she gladly complies with the cops and hops in. Word.

Now that things were clear, it was time to reserve a burial plot for Aaron. I still wasn't going to commit to being a homewrecker. I wasn't going to lead that shit off no matter what - but I had to do something here. Especially when she came at me with

"DY, how long has he been cheating on me? You know Ellen too, don't you?"

I could've said a lot of things. Being in the military, my options became more limited though. Say too much and I fuck myself. Say too little and I do this person no favors and they're likely to be run through the mill. So for the first time in a while, I was honest with her.

"You know I can't say that I absolutely know he's cheating on you. I can say that you know him better than I do. And you know that right now, more than anything, you need to protect yourself. Aaron is trying to make you look like the crazy person right now. There isn't anything you can do about Ellen today. So what I'm going to do is get you talking with a social worker. Its important that you don't just sit here and take this. You have to know what's going down by now"

And then tears. FML. She knew I was right but who really wants to say their marriage is over like that? And with the worst timing since Lil Mama, I hear someone kick the door.

RedSwirl

I made a huge mistake

This is why I haven't been clean-shaven since I was 18. I look 10 years younger than I actually am. Hell, even with the beard people tend to miss-guess my age by at least five years.

If this keeps up I guess It'll be useful after I pass 30.

This is why I haven't been clean-shaven since I was 18. I look 10 years younger than I actually am. Hell, even with the beard people tend to miss-guess my age by at least five years.

If this keeps up I guess It'll be useful after I pass 30.

I shave my beard every once in a blue moon, but never the mustache. Scared as hell to lose that. I literally have no idea what I would look like now without one.

my mom always telling me "black men always look better with a mustache!" probably had that effect on me...

soundscream said:
I didnt even know Vin Diesel had kids till I ran into a random Tonight Show interview where he brought them out.

They're actually Paul Walker's kids.

"You never had your son"

Barely can grow facial hair. I let a little stuble of hair grow on the chin. I make sure the mustache is thin & clean looking. I will never, never shave my mustache off again.

I look way too young, despite looking young right now.

Top Bottom