• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

How many are pursuing higher learning in here?

http://www.jbhe.com/news_views/64_degrees.html

In 2008, 19.6 percent of all African Amer-icans over the age of 25 held a college degree. This figure has in-creased significantly from 13.8 percent in 1996 and 11.3 percent in 1990.

Despite the good news, the data still shows that blacks must continue to travel a huge distance before they reach parity with white Americans in higher education.
Overall, 32.6 percent of the non-Hispanic white population over the age of 25 holds a college degree compared to 19.6 percent of adult blacks. This percentage gap has remained steady in recent years.

akira28

My rich crunkle didn't get a 3DS for his son, basically because he didn't want the 3D to fuck up his young eyes.

Nintendo is smart. 2.5DS is here.

BHZ Mayor

I got a B.S. in Computer Science and I have a decent developer job. It's more about experience in this field anyway so I'm done with school.

harSon

Banned
I don't think TLOU will get hit like GTA4 or BioShock Infinite. GTA4's story was bleh and the city was kind of charmless. BI mechanics were awful since day one. It's easy to nitpick at both of those. But TLOU has solid gameplay and a story that is a tier above most games.

And I never wavered on MGS4, despite its flaws it's still one of my favorites of this generation.

The first half of that game is amazing. But after that 30+ minute cutscene at the end of Act 2, and that boring ass whistling sneak mission, the game turned to horse shit. It's a tale of two halves for me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I got a B.S. in Computer Science and I have a decent developer job. It's more about experience in this field anyway so I'm done with school.
I was just about to say, bachelor degree holders are no longer the catchall measure of success in this day and age that they used to be. Basically used to get your foot in the door now. Better statistic would be to study job positions.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
MGS4 was great for me. I understand exactly why people don't like it though.

I'm a couple years from a BA in Accounting. Considering getting a BA in finance as well...not sure about MBA, there are a couple Saturday MBA programs that I could see myself going after.

Working at a bank now, but it's about as stable a job as slanging right now. The industry as a whole is becoming more stable but my particular situation is a tightrope walk. Could be unemployed as soon as October.

Furyous

How many are pursuing higher learning in here?

http://www.jbhe.com/news_views/64_degrees.html

I've got five degrees counting minors:

BS in Radio/TV/Digital Media Production
Minor: Communication Studies
Minor: Spanish

MBA
Concentration Finance

Currently in a Masters of Health Administration Program but taking a sabbatical next month.

You know it's sad when an uneducated white male with a criminal record has a better chance for employment than a black male without one but has extensive college education.
#blackmalereality
I'm not stunting on nobody or saying I'm better than anyone. We all have different life experiences and paths to travel.

Can we can about privilege? Johnny Football received 30 minutes of punishment for signing 4000 autographs.
ITWAN.......

Nakazato

My bach in film has kinda forced my hand to a school or military. I would love to go back to school tho for a MIS or CIS but a CS is to much higher learning math that I never really took

harSon

Banned
My bach in film has kinda forced my hand to a school or military. I would love to go back to school tho for a MIS or CIS but a CS is to much higher learning math that I never really took

I'm sorry :(

Have you ever tried just getting work outside of film? I worked for the City of San Jose for the longest, and working for the city is a great place to get in and get out while making a decent wage.

Nakazato

I'm sorry :(

Have you ever tried just getting work outside of film? I worked for the City of San Jose for the longest, and working for the city is a great place to get in and get out while making a decent wage.

Ive put in applications everywhere. I just cant get a normal job no matter how are I try.

DominoKid

just seen that brick that W101 caught.
ZaaKgmE.png

i read somewhere in another thread that if they filled that joint w/ Nintendo characters and called it the Smashing 101 (or something like that) that it would've done good numbers. i can't lie that sounds like a game i'd love to play.

Miley Circus thing making headlines on CNN over the I Have A Dream speech, lol.

the times we live in...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've been laughing at W101 since the first trailer dropped. That shit has no place in my home.

Top Bottom