• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

FyreWulff

My mom has this one.

86310887-450x450-0-0_Hoover+F59149RM.jpg

If she had to choose between keeping her car or the steamvac, the steamvac would win

so fun to lend it to people and they're all "what the fuck, THAT was in my carpet?"

My mom has this one.

86310887-450x450-0-0_Hoover+F59149RM.jpg

If she had to choose between keeping her car or the steamvac, the steamvac would win

so fun to lend it to people and they're all "what the fuck, THAT was in my carpet?"

The one we have resembles that. It says we supposed to use a specific solution I straight said fuck that. I make some shit with bleach and other stuff. I have to do it at least once every 4 months. We got 6 cats and 5 that stay indoors.....

All I can contribute to any discussion about steam cleaners is...shits did work on my old roommate's room years back. Shit was disgusting as fuck, I'm talking a pile of dead roaches in a corner, random food from months ago chillin under his bed. Purple, red, blue carpet stains. Needless to say I never got my deposit back off that dirty ass nigga.

We're talking about steam cleaners now?

Damn right. This is what happens when you dont have podcasts on tuesdays......

LOL

Anyway first thing I do is vaccuum the floor. It is hard to believe the amount of shit these things pick up. The first time I cleaned my carpet I was pulling up shit from god knows how long before we moved in. And my cats molt like crazy. But the funny thing is when the floor is completely done and you trying to relax those fuckers start rubbing in the floor on their backs its the funniest looking shit.

Also out of boredom I watched some old episodes of the Boondocks. I didnt realize that A pimp named slickback's "ladies" were named Quiet Storm and Sweetest Taboo. Died laughing.

Slayven

Is that top one Sentry or Quasar?

: )
Alan Scott in his "Sentinnal" phase. He had a lot of parallels to Sentry.

I sometimes yearn for the days of TopCow with Witchblade, The Darkness, Ascension and etc. But fuck Arcanum. Could not stand that book.
We heroes not zeroes, tough as nails when all else fails.

Holy shit I never made that comparison!

Is that around when his dad's doing the whole lore explanation? Is this before or after the Echidna city re-appeared and got launched into a whole mess of racial tension, separatist movements, and homegrown terrorism? Before or after it hops into Knuckle's separated parents and his mom's boyfriend?

Yeah. When they split off and gave Knuckles his own series for a while shit got deep. Perhaps too deep for a setting based on a Genesis game (this was all back in the late 90's prior to Sonic Adventure). http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090325025429/archiesonic/images/d/df/Knuckles_familytree.png

There's a pretty dark period in the mainline Sonic comic in terms of writing quality in the mid 2000's but over the last couple years it's gotten a lot better since the latest writer took over.
Those archie comics got deep for the properties they were based on. The TMNT went to some places man.

We grown ass niggas, this is what grown ass niggas talk about sometimes. You can join Beef in the MLP thread.

We had an fairly new carpet cleaner that broke, so we rented one last weekend. Man there is a world of difference from the ones you buy at walmart and commercial machines. was only 25 bucks for 2 days.

We used to run this cleaning game!

Anyway finally saw Dredd.............pretty pretty good. Wondered why I didn't see it in theaters so I watched the trailer again and it made the film look like generic action move #1012. Then again with rating standards I don't know how they could have advertised the good shit better to the mass audience.

Gorillaz

Funny story about it actually

last night a bunch of us went bar hopping since it was game day and everyone was out, We rant into this chick calling out this dude in front a of "frat bar" talking about he must be a freshman because the way he waved at another random girl, and how he wasn't aggressive enough to actually start some sort of conversation. I almost half expected her to say simp. Dude just sat there stumbling over his words trying to explain himself lol

Slayven

last night a bunch of us went bar hopping since it was game day and everyone was out, We rant into this chick calling out this dude in front a of "frat bar" talking about he must be a freshman because the way he waved at another random girl, and how he wasn't aggressive enough to actually start some sort of conversation. I almost half expected her to say simp. Dude just sat there stumbling over his words trying to explain himself lol

Should have looked her dead in the eye and stared her down like a bear.

Dark Faze EXPOSED

BlackJace

It's really like wearing your heart out on a sleeve. People wanna talk, but it just gets lost.

The Telluride Film Festival is about nothing if not discouraging a sense of competition. But anyone at the fest representing the films that were riding a wave of Oscar hopes coming out of Cannes had to feel a bit unnerved by the world premiere of Steve McQueen's slave drama "12 Years a Slave," which rode into town Friday night and single-handedly sucked up all the awards talk in the room.
Suddenly, Chiwetel Ejiofor, a name not exactly on everyone's lips, became the front-runner for Best Actor, at least as far as the immediate post-premiere tweet brigade was concerned.
Starring in the true-life story of a freeborn black man who was abducted by traders and sold into slavery in the pre-Civil War era, Ejiofor helped give sated passholders the feeling that they might now have seen four best actor contenders in the first day and a half of the festival – with Ejiofor joining a Telluride field already crowded with Bruce Dern in "Nebraska," Oscar Isaac in "Inside Lleweyn Davis" and Robert Redford in "All is Lost."

Ejiofor was hardly alone as an award likely at the Galaxy Theatre premiere. Lupita Nyong'o is even less of a household name, but she jumped to the front of the Best Supporting Actress list for playing the hardest-suffering slave in McQueen's brutal film — bypassing a long list of contenders despite noting, in the Q&A that followed the screening, that she was plucked out of Yale to have this as her very first feature credit.
Also on the dais was Michael Fassbender, whose supporting-actor nomination is a no-brainer, given how he takes a role that has no more than one dimension — as the purely evil slaveholder who makes Ejiofor's and Nyong'o's lives a living hell — and still manages to be riveting every moment he's on screen.
http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/12-years-slave-stuns-telluride-oscar-front-runner-134534927.html
And here I thought Tarantino made the definitive account of American slavery.

Glad a serious movie about the subject's been made.

BR where you work?

On the fence between just getting FF14 or Console Diablo 3. The one thing going for FF14 is if I"m correct your status can flow between PS3 and 4 right? BCT halp

Well I own both. And I'm down for multi when I'm off.

And I think they are letting all info flow between consoles. At least in FF14 case.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
BR where you work?

On the fence between just getting FF14 or Console Diablo 3. The one thing going for FF14 is if I"m correct your status can flow between PS3 and 4 right? BCT halp

Yeah, FF14 is maintained between accounts.

I THINK Diablo 3 is, but the game is not as good. Its cheaper, definitely, but its simply nowhere near the level of FF14. In like... anything.

Village

Gentleman Ghost.

Gentleman Ghost.

Today I decided to play DCUO and fought Gentleman Ghost as a boss in the new DLC, I do not know why that made me loose my shit. Laughing so loud I fear I may have woken up someone a few states away. But it did, maybe its because he was dressed far to properly for the time of apocolypse situation he was in. Maybe its because he had fancy clothes with no body, maybe its because he had to have the brittish accent because he was a gentleman. Maybe its because his name, dress and attitude were strayed far from the usual bad guy presentation. Whatever the reason, I laughed my ass off at gentleman ghost today.

That is my peice.

Slayven

Slay you never cease to amaze me. Horrible animation and the VA for ole Hadrian and Zealot was off. But what about that Ultra force lol.
Lol Ultraforce, they didn't give a shit about that show. Came on like 6 in the morning. And not to mention they through shit together. Comics were G though

This Asian lady said i had the nicest voice at my work today.

was it wrong that i blushed? lol
Old asian ladies love me for some reason. Use to work with one that made me mixed CDs and always asked if I was hungry.
Lots of walking in general. Walked like 5 miles. 2 miles of which involved carrying heavy objects x_x.

My arms are not happy.

But do you lift?

Top Bottom