• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

first avaitors now flip flops. Why you always breaking my heart Devo?

Drake-Sad-.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Real talk, helped a friend with a research project on the history of Canada's biker gangs and was amazed at the kind of shit going down.

Village

That Trigon shit is sooo played out. Don't know why DC keeps going back to that.

Never cared for Trigon adn Raven.

I never could get into the spiritual side of dc like i could marvel but if I were to hazard a guess, its agnsty and dark, and people like TT/Yj/T whatever you wanna call it.]

But the DLC is fun, did not know raven had siblings. And I that dlc is like a metaphor for gaf, they even dedicated a whole section to sats.

Slayven

I never could get into the spiritual side of dc like i could marvel but if I were to hazard a guess, its agnsty and dark, and people like TT/Yj/T whatever you wanna call it.]

But the DLC is fun, did not know raven had siblings. And I that dlc is like a metaphor for gaf, they even dedicated a whole section to sats.

Yeah she had thousands of jabroni siblings. Can't remember if she had any named ones.

The best DC book about magic was Shadowpact.

Village

Yeah she had thousands of jabroni siblings. Can't remember if she had any named ones.

The best DC book about magic was Shadowpact.

They all have normal dude names like jared, and all dress like normal dudes, teen agers infact. Which is odd, because raven has this sexy monk/spell caster thing going on with her outfit.

Looked shadow pact up looks interesting.

Village

I would like DC to just shove Alan Scott into the number 1 universe.

Just have him as some super powerful magical old green lanturn that the smurf council doesn't talk about because plot. Give him a cool outfit and make him old and powerful.

Slayven

Just have him as some super powerful magical old green lanturn that the smurf council doesn't talk about because plot. Give him a cool outfit and make him old and powerful.

So Sentinel again? I can dig it. Comics need a good magic book, they are lacking nowadays.

ReiGun

Magic books have lost out to sci fi and slice of life save a few exceptions. Best the magic characters can hope for is hopping onto a team book.

I'd agree if this if Earth 2 Alan Scott wasn't already a boss with a kick ass costume.

green-lantern-flash-hawk-gril-and-atom-all-looking-pretty-fit.jpg

In fact, I think Earth 2 in general has the best redesigns of the Nu52. Even Flash grew on me.

Village

Magic books have lost out to sci fi and slice of life save a few exceptions. Best the magic characters can hope for is hopping onto a team book.

I'd agree if this if Earth 2 Alan Scott wasn't already a boss with a kick ass costume.

In fact, I think Earth 2 in general has the best redesigns of the Nu52. Even Flash grew on me.

They could I dunno make Earth 1 Allen Scott different from earth two.

Make E1 look like morgan freeman, morgan freeman lantern. DO IT,

DominoKid

brehs i watched First Class finally. the Darwin/Shaw interaction was just straight jokes. shit had the most awkward close-up i've seen in a while.

i fucks w/ it though. i'd be Team Magneto. fuck humans and everybody that love em.

akira28

poppin poppin my collar. poppin poppin my...nah.

They fucked up with that New52 reset and then dumping everything into JLA Dark. 25+ year old characters that weren't extremely well known getting complete reboots and stat rerolls isn't how you create a new franchise. If not for this Trinity Pandora coffee mug bullshit, I daresay many people wouldn't know DC even had a magic squad again. And after Shadowpact and Seven Soldiers, I can't really give these guys a shot

i want my fucking chimp and I want my Nightshade.

FyreWulff

You ever have that one brother that seems to be getting himself into a situation he shouldn't be even after everyone tells him not to?

That's my 2nd brother right now

RedSwirl

Just reading up on how Knuckle's whole fame were mutants and his granddday Enerjak was like magneto.

Holy shit I never made that comparison!

Is that around when his dad's doing the whole lore explanation? Is this before or after the Echidna city re-appeared and got launched into a whole mess of racial tension, separatist movements, and homegrown terrorism? Before or after it hops into Knuckle's separated parents and his mom's boyfriend?

Yeah. When they split off and gave Knuckles his own series for a while shit got deep. Perhaps too deep for a setting based on a Genesis game (this was all back in the late 90's prior to Sonic Adventure). http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090325025429/archiesonic/images/d/df/Knuckles_familytree.png

There's a pretty dark period in the mainline Sonic comic in terms of writing quality in the mid 2000's but over the last couple years it's gotten a lot better since the latest writer took over.

You can't get a steam cleaner unless you have an in state ID. How many assholes just steal the things and take it out of state that this needs to be a policy.

Yeah to rent. Looked like a lot of paperwork but we didn't even get to that because lol no oregon ID.

That fucking sucks. But in a strange way I can understand. We have a Bissell steam cleaner at the crib(older model) and I know that fucker cost us. I can only imagine how much those cost. And how many people run off with them I wonder? But then again when we stayed in the apartment years ago we had to show proof of residency so we wouldnt steal their shit. It was nuts. Cleaning carpets or hard floors?

Top Bottom