• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Nakazato

To be honest is either one or the other. She would have an issue getting to work. And it would cause financial issues. I just wanna try but she's right. Cause we likely wouldn't be a float if I took it. So I'm going to cancel it. She keeps us a float cause I'm not working.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
"How ya been, DY? We never talk anymore"
"I thought that the plan ha. How you doin though, homie? Looks like you're loving the Ms. Independent lifestyle right now. Happy is a new look for you."
"And I have you to thank I think." Another hug in front of 600 soldiers who are stuck in a formation in the hot Texas sun who are still on post 5 minutes past 5pm... "So how have you been? Anything crazier than me walk through your life recently?"

I was just trying to small talk and ease the transition to having the conversation anywherebuthere then her friend jumped in and I quickly realized I was in for some shit.... Beth's 'friend', Gabby, is a stripper. But she's not like the typical military town strippers. She's from Atlanta. So unlike the dozens of women that find adult entertainment a way to make money without working too hard, she's different. She ain't got time for that - not when there's money to get. So when I noticed her sizing me up before, I underestimated how thorough she was. For her, this was a business trip. And at this time, Beth wasn't talkin bout nothing. Gabby chimed in finally.

"You been to Midnights yet, DY?"
"Where?"
"Its where Beth and I work. Well, its where I work and where Beth dances out her feelings like a little girl"
yo damn (and then Beth shoots back)
"Gabby, please, only reason you get the tips you do is because you're the only black girl in the whole building - and you ass isn't big enough to work at other clubs"
fuuuu. just laugh - but not too hard. they both got knives
"ANYWAYS. DY. Beth has told me all about what you did for her and...
oh, gee thanks bitch. what happened to keeping that shit quiet? the fuck
...honestly I thought you were gonna be some type of thirsty ass, cornball nibbling, mommas boy, that was pulling all-nighters with someone elses girl til she tripped and fell on your dick...
goddamnnnn. i guess this is it. just gotta weather this storm without flinching. come at me. /flex
...but outside of looking like one of those toogoodforniggas, self-serving ass niggas who don't go to church then talk about right and wrong and shit like they know better he don't seem so bad. Might be cute too if he got his hands out his pockets. But this IS the best you've done so far Beth. And he ain't a punk either. Aaron still shook. What'd you do, DY? Did you tell him your dick was bigger HA (this woman has the most ratchet ass laugh I've ever heard in my life)"

I passed the 'test'? I think. Anyways, my boss was looking down from the top floor still and dudes were still still staring out the back of their heads in formation. It was obvious that some of the guys there knew Gabby. When she started going in, they got extra tight. Beth was satisfied knowing that Gabby got all that off her chest and got back to what I assumed was the main point of the visit.

"Soooo you live in the barracks right?"
"Yeah, about to move out soon though"
"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!"
Back two rows of the formation turn around, my boss rolls over laughing and I finally get a legit window to move both their asses down the street some....
"lol no... I'm just tired of living in a room the size of my old closet."
"oooooooooooh okay. Well, look - we actually came to promote our (strip) club"
"...you know you can't do just hand out fliers on post like that, right?"
"we can't?"
".....no. wait, so what would you be doing right now if you hadn't bumped into me?"
"well, i was gonna try and find you after we were done. but we were just gonna stick these flyers on people's cars and-"
"right in front of their Lt. Col's formation?"
"okay, so bad idea?"
"terrible idea. jail-time idea."
"What if we go to the cafeteria?"
"Cutbacks homie. The cafeterias aren't even open after lunch on Friday and through the weekend. You go the right idea though. Anybody eating in the cafeteria on Friday night is a lonely motherfucker with a lot of money to spend."
"well how about this.... you take these and we'll just head to our usual spots - offpost, so you don't have a heart attack"

I look down and count out about 100 free admission handouts. I also see an envelope on the bottom addressed to myself.

"That's just for you. Go ahead, open it"

Literally a letter of appreciation from the people at Midnights. I didn't know that things like that could happen. But ...okay.

"And DY, I better see your face again."

I get another hug from Beth, another size-up from Gabby, my boss gives me the look of "you've exceeded my expectations... but you're talent needs to be molded", and the formation is throwing salt like I just got married. Walking back to my room though and I started having a mixed head about things. I didn't do what I did to fuck Beth - but pretty much everyone that had an inkling of an idea of what happened thought I did. Or at least that I was no. Or that I should be doing it now. I figured.... why the fuck not at least see what's there? But not today.

My ex and I were talking again and... yeah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So about two weeks pass. Things are largely the same except I'm actually one of the go-to guys to get shit done now. The guys that got back from Kuwait think I'm pretty legit and my boss, knowing a bit of what I've been into, is looking at me like I'm Gohan. Feels good. But man needs. My ex is playing games. I needed someone to hold me down in the meantime... why the fuck not? Aaron is a piece of shit about to get kicked out and he was apparently scared of me too. No matter what road he took, it was gonna end in getting beat the fuck down in some form or another. So I called Beth. And it was never on some latenight Joe shit. I was concerned for the girl. No rule saying that I couldn't help her out with own stuff AND see if we should/could hook up down the road. Some of my people were having a cookout one weekend - I invited her. No go. I had some time off and wanted to grab lunch with her. Busy. Off to see a movie, wanna come with? Moving to my new place. Seemed clear to me. Nothing up that tree, people would have to deal with rumors being nothing more.

Then my boy got promoted. You know we gotta throw a party?

And its hyped. But when you're still buzzed and still partying, what do you do then? "Aye bruh, call some hoes!"
"Man, you call some hoes!"
"Maaaaaaaan you ain't about shit"

But I'm not small-time like that when I get drunk. If we're gonna go in, we're gonna go in. So pause all that. "Who trying to go the strippy club?"

And you see all sorts of faces. You got fuckyea guy in the front, mr. buti'mmarried crossing his legs, idontknowaboutthis jr in the corner, sergeant butiaintgotnomoney reaching for his phone. Then I remembered I had stacks of free admission cards back at my room.

"Get cleaned up, yal. We bout to ride out in 20"

I really, really feel myself when I get tipsy. I mean... I've got power trips normally. But when I'm drunk I feel like the black Lelouch.

Its about 30 past midnight and I call Beth. Of course she'd pick up immediately this time. "You know I'm working tonight, DY"
"I was counting on it. Bout to come through with 4 of my boys - yal got a spot for us?"
"Awww shit! You know you got VIP whenever you want"
"Cool, be there in 30. You'll know us when you see us"
/hanguplikeaboss

So we take advantage of the new guy and make him DD us to Midnights. Don't even park, we just hop out of this kid's Escalade (that he can't possibly afford) and cut the line off like the album just dropped. We see a line of a bunch of typical military guys. Southern, white, full-texas attire with cowboy hats and pants too tight. We were fly anyways but when you have guys like that... guys who wear their PT shoes in public as part of their wardrobe as part of your backdrop, people are just going to assume that you're the shit. And here of all places? Child please. The guy working the door was the same dude from the first hospital that Aaron and I took Beth too. So you KNOW the dap I got from this big Samoan guy had dudes mind's blown like a Halo 2 sniper montage. The whole time I'm walking in, I'm thinking to myself... "This is why they hang niggas. This shit right here. This is absolutely uncalled for. They're gonna be like 'who the fuck do you think you are?' and I'm gonna be like 'Who the fuck do you think YOU are?' and they're just gonna pull out the rope'". My dude is rocking his Ranger shirt, fresh outta Ranger School so he's had all the fucks surgically removed from his body. My wingman is from from GA so everything he's wearing still has the tag on it - just to prove a point. Guy in the back is that grimey motherfucker that is in every group. He can't speak English at all but people are too scared of him to call him out for it. Last man in is rocking a suit that your girlfriend bought him. Tailored, obviously. And here I am dapping up everybody on the payroll. The album is a success, my nigga.

Us:
ib0OV8utZlPj3M.gif

Them:
i9EJPPSdSws6S.jpg

The people who didn't clear the fuck out got moved the fuck out. Big Samoan guy evicted the guys who were at our table. It was literally the first time any of us were ever here. Some nobody tried to sit with us. Held his hand out like he was hungry or something. We just stared at him til he killed himself.

Drinks showed up before we even got our hostess. I took maybe a sip before I saw Beth across the building. We made eye contact for maybe a second before she left dude with his hand open, reaching like why. Came all the way across the venue and sat down in my lap. So I got the baddest chick in here, and there are a lot of bad women around, a squad that's all giving me the "aite, you the shit right now" look of approval, drinks on the house, and everyone in the building that isn't hating is down to knock someone the fuck out. Beth, in this building, was everyone's little sister or favorite Disney princess - and by 'saving' her, I got the key to the strip club city. There was a time to be humble, this was the exact opposite of that time. I turned my phone off. Ordered some El Presidentes for the homies, told Beth to get Gabby's hating ass over here only to be surprised that she was already in line to fuck the squad Ranger. What part of the game is that, Gabby? My other people hale from Germany so they already know all the proper moves to make. It felt great to go out and not babysit or call shots for once. There are no words to describe how badass you feel with a cigar in your mouth, a gorgeous, barely dressed woman in your lap, and a chalice in your off-hand while surrounded by dudes who live for the fucked up shit just like you do.

Beth whispered in my ear.
Beth started nibling on my ear.

"Yeah, we're headed to the back. Yal keep the party going"

akira28

I just hope DY smashed, because if he didn't smash, I would be disappointed.

And just so you know, in my mind's eye, she's rocking the blonde girl micro-braids and big dangly hoop earrings.

But loves them pre teen looking girls!

They don't want to leave evidence of their crimes.

Yes. And then sell the movie rights.

Staring Bradley Cooper as DY nasty and Joel Edgerton as Free Mufasa, featuring Scarlett Johansson as Devolution and Monique as Satch, and with a special appearances from Cedric the Entertainer as Slayven and Noel Albert Gugliemi as MorisUkunRasik.

Richard Roeper "The most moving telling of the Black experience since Roots"

Aintitcoolnews "If you think you know your Black friends, think again"

Armond White "Them niggas be crazy"

Coming to theaters Jan 2014

I think the earliest I can get home is 9ish maybe 9:30 eastern

I'll finish Part 8 today but .... yeah, this isn't going to be finished by the end of the week. I'm thinking maybe 2-3 more parts to it but the last part is really, really fucking sad so I'm not gonna shorten it like I may have with other sections.

Wanna push off the DY story podcast to next week so it acts as the final chapter and just do a regular podcast today?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think the earliest I can get home is 9ish maybe 9:30 eastern

Wanna push off the DY story podcast to next week so it acts as the final chapter and just do a regular podcast today?

That works. I have to go in at 3am tomorrow.

I should have time to finish everything up by then but the last 2 parts of this are going to take heavy drinking to put down.

Some rap is just fucking horrid. I mean jibberish bull shit an d incofuckinherent drivel. Jesus just fuck the radio. Damn.

And it says something when you can walk into your barber shop get fixed and walk out and not have to look in the mirror. Cause you know your shit is tight.

My bad just had to ramble.

sooo... i finally got around to watching that feminist blurred lines parody... and 5 seconds in all i can think is "no man of color in his briefs?" ... am i racist or are they?

then i realized all of the women were white... #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen

Question how many of black-Gaf date white women? I want to know how you guys would have responded to something that I saw yesterday. I guess Devo could chime in too.

So I was chilling with a younger friend of mine (she's pretty much my little sister) in the library on campus. She's Italian but her BF is black. While we hanging out my baby's mom calls, I walk away from the desk we we're at, and she stays there to watch my bag. When I get back I notice a white dude talking to her. I sit down and he gets kind of weird. A few seconds go by and I notice this dude is hitting on her. I kind of laugh because she doesn't really notice it. I send her a text that's says "You realize this dude is hitting on you?" When she looks at her phone her eyes light up and it hit her. So she brings up her BF and shows the guy a picture of them. This dudes gets a disgusted look on his face and says "You're boyfriend is black? I didn't know you were one of <i>them</i>." Now remember I am trying my best to act like I am not listening to the conversation. I look up and her eyes were tearing up. I tell the guy he better fucking leave or I would make him leave. As he was walking away he says something in Italian to her and she just sits there almost crying.

Later, to my surprise, her BF sends a text saying thanks for being there for her. He also said he was glad he wasn't there because he would have caught a case.

How would you guys handle this if it was your GF getting told that? I don't think many people could not punch the guy. Shit, she isn't my GF and I wanted to hit him.

Edit: typing on the iPad is the worst thing ever.

cdyhybrid

Question how many of black-Gaf date white women? I want to know how you guys would have responded to something that I saw yesterday. I guess Devo could chime in too.

So I was chilling with a younger friend of mine (she's pretty much my little sister) in the library on campus. She's Italian but her BF is black. While we hanging out my baby's mom calls, I walk away from the desk we we're at, and she stays there to watch my bag. When I get back I notice a white dude talking to her. I sit down and he gets kind of weird. A few seconds go by and I notice this dude is hitting on her. I kind of laugh because she doesn't really notice it. I send her a text that's says "You realize this dude is hitting on you?" When she looks at her phone her eyes light up and it hit her. So she brings up her BF and shows the guy a picture of them. This dudes gets a disgusted look on his face and says "You're boyfriend is black? I didn't know you were one of <i>them</i>." Now remember I am trying my best to act like I am not listening to the conversation. I look up and her eyes were tearing up. I tell the guy he better fucking leave or I would make him leave. As he was walking away he says something in Italian to her and she just sits there almost crying.

Later, to my surprise, her BF sends a text saying thanks for being there for her. He also said he was glad he wasn't there because he would have caught a case.

How would you guys handle this if it was your GF getting told that? I don't think many people could not punch the guy. Shit, she isn't my GF and I wanted to hit him.

That's fucked up. I'd give the dude one chance to leave like you did.

Slayven

U rarely have to punch fools like that. You give them a chance to leave by using side eye and projecting your black spiritual pressure. They usually get the hint.

Stories from 75% racism-free America...

I date white women, but I've never messed with an Italian girl. Some of friends who have have similar stories from dealing with the girl's family/friends.

Most I ever get is looks on the street, but I'm on the larger side and have my dehumanizing glare game tight.

FyreWulff

So got my 1st in LA gf is forcing me to turn it down. Parents had my back for gas and such. Super upset now.

Go back and take it. Especially in the current state of things.

Also, we're kind of just stunned here. Family friends are foster parents. One of their foster kids killed another one of their foster kids. All over the news. Bunch of people assuming shit in the news story comments, I probably should stop reading them.

cdyhybrid

Go back and take it. Especially in the current state of things.

Also, we're kind of just stunned here. Family friends are foster parents. One of their foster kids killed another one of their foster kids. All over the news. Bunch of people assuming shit in the news story comments, I probably should stop reading them.

Should never read internet comments in any situation, much less something close to home like that.

It's one of the most fucked up things I have ever seen.

i'd imagine that's very prevalent in hardcore italian communities. the fact that he also said something to her in italian before he left makes me imagine you got christopher moltisanti at your library yelling ignant slurs and shit.

I'm brown (east indian, not the latino brown) and it's also looked down upon when our girls date black guys. it's almost unheard of to their parents and it's probably the worst ethnicity to date sadly in our culture.

deep-seeded racism is real

I'm not a violent man, but I'd be channeling the native spirits if I heard that shit.

thats some fucked up shit right there

JohnDoe

Banned

Not even surprised even though that's disturbing as hell.
My 17 year old cousin's father told her he would kill her, her bf and himself if she got in a relationship with a black dude. She says he prolly was talking shit but he would at the very least disown her right away.

sooo... i finally got around to watching that feminist blurred lines parody... and 5 seconds in all i can think is "no man of color in his briefs?" ... am i racist or are they?

then i realized all of the women were white... #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen

There is a genderflipped version of Blurred Lines that was done by a "boylesque" group named Mod Carousel. One of the women singing is of color, one of the men modeling is of color. NSFW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKfwCjgiodg

Of course, Mod Carousel is doing more of a gentle poke a la those "Sexy Pose Hawkeye" pics.

J10

Banned
She shoulda got his number and texted him pics of her boyfriend's dick. Or not even his, any big black dick would suffice.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

I got shit like this when i was dating a chick from Pakistan in uni. All these middle eastern dudes would cross the street, walk up to us and address her with stuff like:

"Is he muslim?"
"Do your parents know you are dating a black one?"
"what's he got that we don't?"

etc etc. Acting like i ain't there. So one day, after a week of this shit, i positioned myself between her and this one guy, who looked like he did too many weights and no cardio, and lacked blood flow to his brain. I told him that she's with me because his dick was less than half the size of mine.

He went to punch me, i half ducked, half parried it and gave him one in the solar plexus. Dude hit the ground and his boys ran off. Here's the kicker, he was the one that got suspended from lectures for a week.

The chick couldn't take all the hassle she was getting though. We broke up after a month. Would i do the same now? Depends what is being said i guess. I'd handle shit somehow.

i'd imagine that's very prevalent in hardcore italian communities. the fact that he also said something to her in italian before he left makes me imagine you got christopher moltisanti at your library yelling ignant slurs and shit.

I'm brown (east indian, not the latino brown) and it's also looked down upon when our girls date black guys. it's almost unheard of to their parents and it's probably the worst ethnicity to date sadly in our culture.

deep-seeded racism is real

I've seen some fucked up shit but she looked utterly destroyed.

I'm not a violent man, but I'd be channeling the native spirits if I heard that shit.

It took everything I had not to follow him outside and beat his ass.

Fvck South Carolina.

I got shit like this when i was dating a chick from Pakistan in uni. All these middle eastern dudes would cross the street, walk up to us and address her with stuff like:

"Is he muslim?"
"Do your parents know you are dating a black one?"
"what's he got that we don't?"

etc etc. Acting like i ain't there. So one day, after a week of this shit, i positioned myself between her and this one guy, who looked like he did too many weights and no cardio, and lacked blood flow to his brain. I told him that she's with me because his dick was less than half the size of mine.

He went to punch me, i half ducked, half parried it and gave him one in the solar plexus. Dude hit the ground and his boys ran off. Here's the kicker, he was the one that got suspended from lectures for a week.

The chick couldn't take all the hassle she was getting though. We broke up after a month. Would i do the same now? Depends what is being said i guess. I'd handle shit somehow.

Yup I've had similar experience, well not as bad. When I first moved to FL to go to UCF I actually had this girl message me on Myspace (lol). Keep in mind she was middle eastern (I never did figure out where Chandni was from, really didn't care much). After exchanging messages for a while we met up one night at Dragon Lounge in downtown Orlando and hit it off pretty quickly. Man the salt that cats threw at us was fucking crazy. Funny thing is her parents loved the fuck outta me. I'm not sure how but her mom got my cell number and would call me over for dinner with the rest of them. I later found out the reason why her parents were so chill about it was because her older sister ended up marrying a black dude and they were like all in love with the baby and he was making bank in finance so he would send them money (don't expect the latter from me). Many of the younger cats had no problem with us, I even made a bunch of friends who I still keep in contact with. But man that older generation (30s). Cats hated my guts, would pretty much insult me in my face like I wasn't there. Insulted her, etc.

We ended up breaking up because she transferred to USC (Cali) because her parents moved and she was being supported by them.

Top Bottom