• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gorillaz

rZL67j4.jpg

lmao

Aubrey feelin himself a bit much

“I didn’t really have anything to say about it,” Drake says of the verse, which has so far inspired responses from A$AP Rocky, Joey Bada$$, former Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson and too many others to count. “It just sounded like an ambitious thought to me. That’s all it was. I know good and well that Kendrick’s not murdering me, at all, in any platform. So when that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic.”

word?

cdyhybrid

Drizzy's a different lane completely than King Kendrick. He's just gonna keep doing his thing making preteen girl music and stacking that paper.

@Kaep you a better man then me. I would have hurt that sack of shit. There are no words for the immense anger and frustration I get when I see that "racist" behavior. If you have a distaste for people dating outside of their race keep it to your goddamn self. Bringing that negative shit into the world not only brings you down but everyone else around you. I truly commend you for playing it with a cool head.

This brings up a topic when hopefully we can all get together and have. I would love to have a logical conversation or forum if you will about interracial dating and relationships. I mean a real talk from people from all walks. People who live it and people who are enduring it this day and age. I forgot who posted this but I think someone should archive the stories that we put down. Not only because of the perspectives but it would be interesting reads. Informative and very entertaining. After Dy concludes his tale I think I may put mine on this forum. It kinda goes in the opposite direction. Because unlike him....

I am a homewrecker.

FreeMufasa

Ok so we got trash can raiders, guys that shower 3 times a week and now people that haven't ironed their clothes in years.

This forum is amazing.

Skimmed over that hair thread and bailed out quicker than DY when he see's a E.P.T test in a girls bathroom.

My wife and daughter are both relaxer free. My daughter got her first relaxer at 6 and it destroyed her hair. She's 15 now and her hair is just now starting to get healthy again.

FreeMufasa

Why are so many gaffers living in a bubble so far out from the real world?

I might offend with this but this shit.......I understand what they are saying but it just ain't real world shit. Some examples.

A girl gets raped. Some will say a girl should take no precaution whatsoever at night or so because she shouldn't fear/expect it. True. But the real world ain't like that. I'm always telling female friends and family members to be extra cautionary at parties and night time.

Laws protecting blacks from discrimination by private businesses. They say "let the business do whatever it wants, once people know its a racist establishment, they'll lose sales". How dense do you have to be to believe this? Again yeah I wish but real world ain't like that.

Affirmative action. They say "it shouldn't exist, let the person with the best creditoonals get in and it's fair" or " it doesn't need to be race based, make it class base". We all know the response so I won't bother here.

Yeah these are just some examples. Time and time again I'm left wondering what world these guys live in...

J10

Banned
A girl gets raped. Some will say a girl should take no precaution whatsoever at night or so because she shouldn't fear/expect it. True. But the real world ain't like that. I'm always telling female friends and family members to be extra cautionary at parties and night time.

How often do you tell your male friends and family to not rape anyone? We're not doing a good enough job of that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How often do you tell your male friends and family to not rape anyone? We're not doing a good enough job of that.
Are they black?

I tell my cousin to never be the only black guy at any party and that if he's about to smash anything he needs to record audio with his cellphone.

J10

Banned
That's not the same as telling him to not be a rapist, is it? I mean before he walks out the house, explicitly say, "Don't rape anyone."

FreeMufasa

That's fine and a good thing to say. But you can't expect every male your sister/daughter/mother/friend come across to have been told that, or be sane. I'm just saying this in response to the serena Williams thread we had a few months ago. Not talking about what she said but ppl were piling on posters who said they'd tell a girl to be more careful.

J10

Banned
That's fine and a good thing to say. But you can't expect every male your sister/daughter/mother/friend come across to have been told that, or be sane. I'm just saying this in response to the serena Williams thread we had a few months ago. Not talking about what she said but ppl were piling on posters who said they'd tell a girl to be more careful.

Actually I can expect it and I'm utterly disappointed when it doesn't happen. But I'm asking YOU if YOU do it. You tell your boys to not rape people? I'm betting not.

Gorillaz

Are they black?

I tell my cousin to never be the only black guy at any party and that if he's about to smash anything he needs to record audio with his cellphone.
I literally feel uneasy going to a house party and being the only minority there. Its like you can't relax because your always alert

harSon

Banned
Actually I can expect it and I'm utterly disappointed when it doesn't happen. But I'm asking YOU if YOU do it. You tell your boys to not rape people? I'm betting not.

I see where you're coming from, but that comparison only really works when applied to an institutional entity. Telling someone to not go out and rape sort of suggests that you believe they're a potential rapist. Telling someone to be mindful of their environment and who they're around is suggesting that some unknown outside entity is the potential rapist (Unless it's a comment on clothing, then that has some additional implications). I realize that not all rapes happen alone in a dark alley, and I'm not condoning the one sided gendered practice of "rape awareness," but I don't think your comparison works on a personal - micro level (I don't think Serena falls into this category, she has too much wide reaching exposure). On a macro level though? Your comparison is 100% on point.

Kreed

Why are so many gaffers living in a bubble so far out from the real world?

I might offend with this but this shit.......I understand what they are saying but it just ain't real world shit. Some examples.

Laws protecting blacks from discrimination by private businesses. They say "let the business do whatever it wants, once people know its a racist establishment, they'll lose sales". How dense do you have to be to believe this? Again yeah I wish but real world ain't like that.

Affirmative action. They say "it shouldn't exist, let the person with the best creditoonals get in and it's fair" or " it doesn't need to be race based, make it class base". We all know the response so I won't bother here.

Yeah these are just some examples. Time and time again I'm left wondering what world these guys live in...

There's a major difference between the two examples at the bottom and the first example you listed. One is people trying to argue "equal rights" for one group (women being able to wear what they want without fear of being attacked/or being accused of being in the wrong if something happens to them), the other is people arguing for the removal for protections we have for group of people (laws meant to help minorities's rights from getting infringed). I understand your overall point, but you should understand why people take the side they take on the first one since it's the "right" side to be on.

harSon

Banned
Where is the problem exactly?

None at all if that's actually the case. But it's a good way to horribly offend someone, and potentially in a case where you 100% believe that the person in question is incapable of such brutality and immorality.

BHZ Mayor

Not only is it against the law, but it's also understood that it's a shitty thing to do. How often do you tell people not to murder, or not to steal, or any other scumbag shit? Is it "victim blaming" when you tell someone to watch their surroundings in the club in case shots might go off, or to not carry a lot of cash in case of a mugging? Or more relevant to a lot of us in this very thread, why is telling each other to watch our behavior around police or in corporate settings because of how we may be perceived, or to not make stops when driving through backwood stretches of road because it's still the 50's in those areas, or this for example

Are they black?

okay, but telling a chick to watch her back because rapists may be lurking this horrible thing perpetuating a so-called "rape culture"?

J10

Banned
Not only is it against the law, but it's also understood that it's a shitty thing to do. How often do you tell people not to murder, or not to steal, or any other scumbag shit? Is it "victim blaming" when you tell someone to watch their surroundings in the club in case shots might go off, or to not carry a lot of cash in case of a mugging? Or more relevant to a lot of us in this very thread, why is telling each other to watch our behavior around police or in corporate settings because of how we may be perceived, or to not make stops when driving through backwood stretches of road because it's still the 50's in those areas okay, but telling a chick to watch her back because rapists may be lurking this horrible thing perpetuating a so-called "rape culture"?

The larger point is that we lopsidedly tell the women in our lives to not get raped while not telling the men in our lives to not be rapists. I'm talking on personal levels. It's uneven.

harSon

Banned
We tell people not to drive drunk, not to smoke around babies, etc.

"Rapist" carries a bit more clout as far as labels are concerned. Go have a sit down with a friend and tell them heart to heart, if there's ever a situation where you're thinking about molesting a child, to please not do it. Tell me how that goes.

BHZ Mayor

The larger point is that we lopsidedly tell the women in our lives to not get raped while not telling the men in our lives to not be rapists. I'm talking on personal levels. It's uneven.
And we also tell people to not to get shot, or not to get robbed, or not to be on the receiving end of racism, or to not be on the ass end of an ass kicking, etc. while not doing vice versa other than being taught that it's wrong and/or illegal. Same for rape. So once again, why are the former okay and the latter is "OMG outrage"?

Top Bottom