• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

she has a singing career? i thought she was known for acting like a ditz from the 50s.

She sings for the folk duo She & Him. She used to be married to the guy. Her voice is lazy nails on a chalkboard.

Damn she was ole girl from Elf, did not know that would drag her tho

No one has benefited more from a hairstyle change than her.

I've always seen Katy Perry as superAshanti

with bigger boobs

Perry is a slightly above average white girl who is riding the coattails of her tits. Scarlett Johansson of pop music.

Slayven

She sings for the folk duo She & Him. She used to be married to the guy. Her voice is lazy nails on a chalkboard.

No one has benefited more from a hairstyle change than her.

Perry is a slightly above average white girl who is riding the coattails of her tits. Scarlett Johansson of pop music.
Folk Duo? fuck that hipster noise.

When Stephanie McMahon got a rap song, I knew the game done changed for privileged white folks. "Took my L, earnt my spot", oh you mean being born into a multi-millionaire's family? That's paying your dues now, huh?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Name one movie ScarJo has done that wouldn't have benefited from having a good actress in her place?

She's eye candy, which isn't a bad thing per se, but she is what she is.

Eye candy is Megan Foxx. Being gracious about it is Jessica Alba - Alba can't act for shit.

Scarlett is at least Biel tier or better. She's infinitely more diverse in her roles too.

Lol like Biel can act. Megan is Paul Walker tier tho.

To be fair Hollywood is seriously lacking in great female actors. It's hard to name a top 10 without Meryl Streep in it due to 9/10 times women being accessories to male characters instead of standing on their own.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

To be fair Hollywood is seriously lacking in great female actors. It's hard to name a top 10 without Meryl Steep in it due to 9/10 times women being accessories to male characters instead of standing on their own.

I've been saying this for years. Its to the point I sometimes watch movies just out of appreciation for good female actors.

akira28

her body of work is top notch though. Her singing is awful just like everyone else's. If you have talent, they'll give you shit songs. If you don't have talent, they'll fix everything with computers.

DY_nasty

To be fair Hollywood is seriously lacking in great female actors. It's hard to name a top 10 without Meryl Streep in it due to 9/10 times women being accessories to male characters instead of standing on their own.

You can easily name 10 shitty female actors who keep getting work before you get to Scarlett though

Yes, I will defend her to the death

JohnDoe

Banned

One of the reasons I stick to TV.

Morris all kinds of wrong right now. Zooey wasn't married to her She & Him partner, she was married to Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie/The Postal Service. And ScarJo and Biel can both act. There's levels to it man, it isn't just Academy Award Winner or terrible.

You can easily name 10 shitty female actors who keep getting work before you get to Scarlett though

Yes, I will defend her to the death

There are worst actors for sure, but that's hardly a defense. There are at least 10 worst PGs than Rondo...I ain't want him on my team tho

Watch The Other Boleyn Girl and have the illusion crash as you weep.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Morris all kinds of wrong right now. Zooey wasn't married to her She & Him partner, she was married to Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie/The Postal Service. And ScarJo and Biel can both act. There's levels to it man, it isn't just Academy Award Winner or terrible.

This is the truth. ScarJo can act and Biel has range too.

I ain't give enough of a shit to be accurate about Zoey's life.

Neither of them girls can act, there are levels and they're on some 'just got them from professor oak' level

Question:

When we introduce ourselves in the thread, we include our religious affiliation. I just wanted to ask how everyone came to their chosen faith or lack thereof. What makes you believe what you believe?

Not looking to start a debate; just curious. I was raised Christian, and while I haven't practiced in a while, I still believe. However, it occurs to me I've never asked anyone else about their faith.

i always felt there was something off, but what really got me was at around 14-15 when i was on the church quiz team and was studying certain chapters for the upcoming quiz vs another church branch. i really, really, really started reading and came to the conclusion that it was a decent story but didn't hold a candle to The Chronicles of Narnia, a series i read a few years before...

the only reason i was even on the quiz team was this one chick i liked was on it too!

zero_suit

Kate Winslet
Cate Blanchett

Yeah, not too many after them + Meryl.

akira28

What movie is ScarJo even good in? To me she's in this current generation of people who don't do much to define or distinguish themselves anymore, because the studios handle all of that. She's never stuck out to me, she's just one of the team members you see at all the games.

akira28

Ghost World maybe? gweioujvqcn;evk

That's one, and she was a kid in an oddball indie project who was probably being directed through most of it to portray a young girl.. But, okay. That's one.

Lost in Translation?

I think they rather built an interesting movie around her than her making that movie more interesting than it would have been with someone else.

DY, is this about the Black Widow?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Right now my top 5 skilled actresses

Alice Braga
Carice Von Houten
Diane Kruger
Mireille Enos

And token bad chick Christina Hendricks (if you ever seen her do an interview she seems nothing like Joan.)

It will put Scar Jo and Biel's ability into the proper perspective.

What movie is ScarJo even good in?

Personally though she was good in Lost in Translation, The Perfect Score, and He's just not that into You. And actually looking at her catalog she doesn't have a lot of high quality movies under her belt to begin with. Who's pulling out dynamic performances from comic book movies and Rom Coms?

DY_nasty

Meanwhile, January Jones just walks around like only having one facial expression is okay.

Morris just bitter and angry that the Lakers are gonna trade their 1st round pick for Brandon Jennings before the deadline.

Imm0rt4l

Sandra Bullock is an Oscar winner, think about that. Even she jnows thats some bullshit. Shit took kate Winslet how many movies and nude scenes to finally get hers?
Meanwhile, January Jones just walks around like only having one facial expression is okay.

Morris just bitter and angry that the Lakers are gonna trade their 1st round pick for Brandon Jennings before the deadline.
January Jones is perfectly casted in last stand and mad men. She looks like an ice queen of a bitch and apparently is one. Horrible actress.

I often wonder about casting couches. Who had to suck and fuck who to get to where they are.

Question:

When we introduce ourselves in the thread, we include our religious affiliation. I just wanted to ask how everyone came to their chosen faith or lack thereof. What makes you believe what you believe?

Not looking to start a debate; just curious. I was raised Christian, and while I haven't practiced in a while, I still believe. However, it occurs to me I've never asked anyone else about their faith.

Well...I was raised Roman Catholic like most Haitian families. Growning up I never followed it as heavily as my family members. It never felt like a chore to go to church but it wasn't my thing.

As I got older(teens) I just embraced more into treating everyone the same, not quoting the bible word for word.

I'm now what you called a spiritualist, I believe in a higher power, but respect everyone's choice of religion or not. For the most part I find most organized religion to be highly hypocritical & anti-change for the ever changing social environment of our lives.

Top Bottom