• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

BHZ Mayor

New pic of Devo

tumblr_m843eemQ3c1qbcifho1_250.jpg

Devo no swiping.

Damn, take a weekend off from the Internet and miss out on jewels

Question:

When we introduce ourselves in the thread, we include our religious affiliation. I just wanted to ask how everyone came to their chosen faith or lack thereof. What makes you believe what you believe?

Not looking to start a debate; just curious. I was raised Christian, and while I haven't practiced in a while, I still believe. However, it occurs to me I've never asked anyone else about their faith.

I didn't realize I was supposed to introduce myself-apologies for not reading the instructions.
I'm from Ohio, now in Redmond, WA. I'm black on mom's side and Puerto Rican on dad's but raised solely by the black side. Mom's people are from Alabama, don't know about dad's. I'm 33, favorite music genres are jazz (Maceo), hip hop, r&b, and gospel. I'm a translator for the guys with the plumbers now, used to be with the guys with all the fighting before that, and brought the Black Album to kids in Tokyo before that. I was raised Southern Baptist (more on that in a minute). I like games, music, literature, movies, and tequila.

So like I said, I was raised Southern Baptist, taken to church every Sunday by moms, in the children's choir and on the junior usher board, and not really appreciating it until high school. Church kept me out of a lot of trouble, and a scholarship from the church helped get me into school. I realized in school that a lot of what I absorbed and how I was raised in the church kept me a lot more grounded than kids around me (my roommate flunked out after two quarters of straight drinking), and I spent some time going to different kinds of churches and attending Hindu and Buddhist ceremonies. I basically came to the conclusion that whether or not Christian God is the God, there is some force bigger than me that watches out. I feel like I've had a pretty good life. Now I'm trying to find a church out here since I don't really know anyone outside of work.

I didn't realize I was supposed to introduce myself-apologies for not reading the instructions.
I'm from Ohio, now in Redmond, WA. I'm black on mom's side and Puerto Rican on dad's but raised solely by the black side.

There's a 11 year old kid in Columbia, SC that is exactly like you. My nephew is black and puerto rican. For the past two years I've been trying to convince him to learn spanish since it could really boost any career he pursues. He hates his old man so much he refuses to acknowledge anything that could connect him to the dude. When did you decide to learn spanish? Don't mean to be so forthcoming but it's for my nephew.

Damn, take a weekend off from the Internet and miss out on jewels

I'm from Ohio, now in Redmond, WA. I'm black on mom's side and Puerto Rican on dad's but raised solely by the black side. Mom's people are from Alabama, don't know about dad's. I'm 33, favorite music genres are jazz (Maceo), hip hop, r&b, and gospel. I'm a translator for the guys with the plumbers now, used to be with the guys with all the fighting before that, and brought the Black Album to kids in Tokyo before that. I was raised Southern Baptist (more on that in a minute). I like games, music, literature, movies, and tequila.

BORIQUA

harSon

Banned
I fucked up bad.

Decided to eat oatmeal this morning to help regulate the bowels, and I 100% succeeded. Now I have food poisoning... Turns out the oatmeal expired early January 2011. Moms needs to clean out the pantry, for reals. Feel like shiiiiiiiiiiiit. At least I'm not near constipated anymore!

I fucked up bad.

Decided to eat oatmeal this morning to help regulate the bowels, and I 100% succeeded. Now I have food poisoning... Turns out the oatmeal expired early January 2011. Moms needs to clean out the pantry, for reals. Feel like shiiiiiiiiiiiit. At least I'm not near constipated anymore!

I dont think you can get food poisoning from old oatmeal. Oatmeal is one of those things that is ok as long as its stored correctly. The only thing that would be affected would be the taste.

And if you did have food poisoning you would be violently throwing up not feeling like shit.

Gorillaz

The only time I had food poisoning was from eating Chipotle. Could not keep any food or water in my system for more then 15 mins without throwing it up. Went to the hospital and everything.

Since then I never ate at one again, makes me feel sick just thinking about it and smelling it

harSon

Banned
I dont think you can get food poisoning from old oatmeal. Oatmeal is one of those things that is ok as long as its stored correctly. The only thing that would be affected would be the taste.

And if you did have food poisoning you would be violently throwing up not feeling like shit.

I'm pretty sure it's food poisoning, because I'm consistently spraying water out my ass at the moment and have intense cramps. I'm literally posting from the pot right now... I haven't thrown up but I want to, cause my stomach is nauseated as hell atm...

Edit: Don't know if it makes a difference, but it's not plain rolled oats... it's those shitty for you sugar filled peaches and cream ones.

J10

Banned
Ya;ll seeing this GTA thread,?

A female playable character would have been nice. But there isn't one. Lets move on.

Oh, we're talking about masculinity? Next time make a female character with a giant clit bulging through her pants. Get Yvette Nicole-Brown to do the voice in her lower register. Problem solved.

Village

A female playable character would have been nice. But there isn't one. Lets move on.

Oh, we're talking about masculinity? Next time make a female character with a giant clit bulging through her pants. Get Yvette Nicole-Brown to do the voice in her lower register. Problem solved.

I think that deserves more attention.

But this is more important.

All of you guys that want to play as women.....go play with a Barbie or something.

They developers are making the game that they want to make. Why force a female lead when it probably doesn't fit in their storyline?

MBQBziI.gif

I don't even know if this is gonna be seen but I'll give it a shot....

HarSon you need to start chugging water. The next 2 days will be a mother fucker and you will hate life but you have to let it take its course. An old school remedy I use when I have "bubble guts" is take 2 teaspoons of flour and a cup of water mix and chug. Taste like assvbut it assist in regulating your stomach. Right now your stomach and intestines are creating an overimbundace of mucous. Flour and water will help cut it down. Also you need to purchase a pro biotic yogurt. It will help as well. Good luck and godspeed. It has to take its course.

Edit: just woke up sorry for typos.
And yes those can and will fuck you up

I'm pretty sure it's food poisoning, because I'm consistently spraying water out my ass at the moment and have intense cramps. I'm literally posting from the pot right now... I haven't thrown up but I want to, cause my stomach is nauseated as hell atm...

Edit: Don't know if it makes a difference, but it's not plain rolled oats... it's those shitty for you sugar filled peaches and cream ones.

Might be having a reaction to the old cream, but I've had food poisoning twice and it goes beyond cramps and diarrhea.

Razor blades in the stomach and violent vomiting are the tell tale signs.

I've looked this up before and the main worries with oatmeal is stale taste mold or bugs.

Unless it was green when you poured it out you should be ok.

I would say you might have caught a stomach virus from someone, as a more likely culprit.

Slayven

Might be having a reaction to the old cream, but I've had food poisoning twice and it goes beyond cramps and diarrhea.

Razor blades in the stomach and violent vomiting are the tell tale signs.

I've looked this up before and the main worries with oatmeal is stale taste mold or bugs.

Unless it was green when you poured it out you should be ok.

I would say you might have caught a stomach virus from someone, as a more likely culprit.
muddbutt_canvas_bag-r59f670f1927342dab6b8372bff04ba2d_v9wtl_8byvr_324.jpg

Some peeps need to know when to swerve a question in a diplomatic way.
Devs get into trouble when they give the nerds too much info to feed their stunted brains on.

lordmrw

This podcast is happening today goddamnit

The struggle to get everyone together to record a podcast is the main reason why I haven't tried to make one for my website. Well that and I wouldn't have a regular set of cohosts due to school and such (being done with college/older than everyone else can be a pain in the butt sometimes).

Drink some water a bit of Gatorade, get plenty of rest, and watch Ghost Dog on Netflix. That's what I did when I had food poisoning a couple of months ago.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Devs get into trouble when they give the nerds too much info to feed their stunted brains on.

I'm sure Patricia Hernandez is hurridely bashing her keyboard to write a story on the non controversy of the GTA V no women protag issue.

Because clicks.

Soooooooooooooooo just finished watching the last season of Spartacus.

I understand its an action TV show and shouldnt be tied to historical accuracy but.........

Julius Caesar, the man who set the course of the Roman empire down a path that altered its history, the man who was so influential that all emperors who followed him took the title of Caesar, Russians rulers took the title Tsar derived from Caesar.

Was made into a mindless brute who is
anally raped by a 16 year old kid

I dont know man.............I dont know.

harSon

Banned
Soooooooooooooooo just finished watching the last season of Spartacus.

I understand its an action TV show and shouldnt be tied to historical accuracy but.........

Julius Caesar, the man who set the course of the Roman empire down a path that altered its history, the man who was so influential that all emperors who followed him took the title of Caesar, Russians rulers took the title Tsar derived from Caesar.

Was made into a mindless brute who is
anally raped by a 16 year old kid

I dont know man.............I dont know.

Tibirius is the most prolific serial rapist of ancient Rome tho

My dad put my little brother(the one who already lied and fucked up in school) on a diet for the past couple months, trying to get him down to 256

time me why this fat motherfucker ballooned up to 274

My dad can't take too much more disappointment from this nigga before he just kick his ass to the curb

Nakazato

My dad put my little brother(the one who already lied and fucked up in school) on a diet for the past couple months, trying to get him down to 256

time me why this fat motherfucker ballooned up to 274

My dad can't take too much more disappointment from this nigga before he just kick his ass to the curb

Cant make someone lose weight. When I hit rock bottom at 280 I was then ready to lose it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Al-Jezeera is good now.

They were involved in all kinds of fucked up shit a few years back though.

Gorillaz

Never got into Al Jez but I love giantbomb. Its one of the few sites thst feels close to neutral on everything except brad and dota 2. Tho it feels like they are getting away from gaming a lot when you listen t o there podcast

There's a 11 year old kid in Columbia, SC that is exactly like you. My nephew is black and puerto rican. For the past two years I've been trying to convince him to learn spanish since it could really boost any career he pursues. He hates his old man so much he refuses to acknowledge anything that could connect him to the dude. When did you decide to learn spanish? Don't mean to be so forthcoming but it's for my nephew.

I took Spanish in high school, but that was pretty much the end of it lol.

I'm a Japanese translator mang. Only Spanish I speak well is profanity in present tense. Spanish is definitely one of the ones to know, though. Advice I would offer is to let him know that the Spanish speaking world is a big one, and not to limit his vision to a smaller scale. He's still young though, so best not to push and let him come to his own conclusion.

I had a time where I refused to go by my given Spanish name (which is my dad's name plus Jr.), so I understand how he feels. He just needs time to cement his own identity.

Top Bottom