• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gorillaz

Getting GTA V on ps3 too don't know if ill get it at midnight tho since my campus gamestop telling me the preorders are 400 strong and will have a line wraped around the building.

yea my ass will probably end up there anyway

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
ps3

it be nice if we had a list of psn and xb gamer tags in the op
though I can see why some would be reluctant to post theirs publicly

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Liberation coming to 360, PS3 and PC.

Been pushing for this for ages. Now y'all get a black, female assassin protag on the big screen.

I'm ready for the jokes JC
No matter how much grief comes your way over Ubi-style collectathon design, this is a very good thing and Ubisoft should be lauded. Good on you folks.

FreeMufasa, if I wasn't moving my Live Gold $ over to PSN Plus I'd get GTA V on 360. But I am, so I won't. Send me your PSN IDs via PM if you want to strap up.

Been pushing for this for ages. Now y'all get a black, female assassin protag on the big screen.

PC version will be the best to watch. Going from 540p with tons of aliasing to 1080p or 4K with MSAA + FXAA or whatever. That will be awesome

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of black female protagonists. I just looked up who did the voice of Rochelle.
dwC1P12.jpg

FyreWulff

Question:

When we introduce ourselves in the thread, we include our religious affiliation. I just wanted to ask how everyone came to their chosen faith or lack thereof. What makes you believe what you believe?

Not looking to start a debate; just curious. I was raised Christian, and while I haven't practiced in a while, I still believe. However, it occurs to me I've never asked anyone else about their faith.

Late to this:

When I was younger I identified as a Jew. More and more questions came up and the Jewish community being very weak here, plus a couple of life events made me give up on the faith. So I'm a nonbeliever now.

My kids aren't going to church, but I don't hold it against anyone that does. I do go and help out local churches. I always judge a church by how easily members of the congregation can access the pastor. I don't attack people of faith. Jesus to me is a hippy Jew boy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Getting GTA V on ps3 too don't know if ill get it at midnight tho since my campus gamestop telling me the preorders are 400 strong and will have a line wraped around the building.

yea my ass will probably end up there anyway

ps3

it be nice if we had a list of psn and xb gamer tags in the op
though I can see why some would be reluctant to post theirs publicly

PS3 squaAAd.

I'll probably buy gta v on the 20th tho.

No matter how much grief comes your way over Ubi-style collectathon design, this is a very good thing and Ubisoft should be lauded. Good on you folks.

FreeMufasa, if I wasn't moving my Live Gold $ over to PSN Plus I'd get GTA V on 360. But I am, so I won't. Send me your PSN IDs via PM if you want to strap up.

If you all want I got a PS3-GAF GTAV gang going 100 something strong. I'm looking for some GAF OG's to help me run this thing.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gaming_age_family

If not, stay off my block.

Mr. Patch

Can Ubi make another game with a black, female assassin protag on the big screen? One that I would like? lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I loved GTA IV, so I'll be happy either way. Still, gotta be in on the biggest zeitgeist in gaming for a while. I can't imagine what'll be next, Titanfall could be huge but it'll be AFTER the game's out not leading up to it, despite what EA thinks.

Gorillaz

God dammit, I ain't even trying to get GTAV but you keep making it sound good.

Eh, I'll wait for BCT's impressions on GTAV before renting it. GTAIV soured me on the GTA experience.

It looks like Rockstar has there shit together on this one so I'm kind of optimistic. Also I just saw Fast Five for the first time last weekend and shit got me pumped for heist missions.

Can't wait to do heist missions with BCT crew.....and then betray and destroy yall right after it

/kingcrabstatus

Wynnebeck

Banned
Sam Puckett from iCarly

BTlZuufCMAAtAJ7.jpg

obamahmmw.png

HAAAAA

I love how everyone is now looking at all these white girls in the media with black dudes going, "She's dating a black guy!" or "I can't believe how ratchet she's acting!" In Sam's case, she got that Black Snake Moan and got turned out. In Miley's case, I still think someone beat it up and turned her out too. Just my theory. Also, to anyone who remembers the girl who randomly gave me her number to text on the bus, she invited me out to eat at Dave and Buster's and we watched the Eagles/Skins game. She wanted to take me back to her place to sick the duck, but I already got a girl and declined politely. Could I have done it? Yeah, but I didn't want to perpetuate any more stereotypes of black dudes being slick playboys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HAAAAA

I love how everyone is now looking at all these white girls in the media with black dudes going, "She's dating a black guy!" or "I can't believe how ratchet she's acting!" In Sam's case, she got that Black Snake Moan and got turned out.
Or maybe she just likes the guy, regardless of color. Sometimes I wonder if this thread knows that interracial dating isn't always because of BBC.

Also
Yeah she's always had that "I'm into black dudes" look about her.

This is a classic line right here.

Imm0rt4l

Someone said sam puckett has a "she looks like she dates black guys" look about her. No idea how he came to that conclusion.

This reminds me of a this chick I met on a bus, pretty young thing in downtown mpls. She was talking on the phone, sounded no different from any other becky, but this was her "I'm talking to white people" voice (she IS white). Apparently her natural speaking voice with her friends had a very hood centric tone about it, and when I was choppin it up she spoke like a nigga for real. All I could think was is she gaming me? Is her speaking to white people voice her natural voice and she was just acting 'down' to show she was interested/wanted the D? Or was her voice on the phone the equivalent to my interview voice and the way she spoke to me was indeed sincere? I know some of you have come across this to some extent.

philisophicalraptor.png

Wynnebeck

Banned
Or maybe she just likes the guy, regardless of color. Sometimes I wonder if this thread knows that interracial dating isn't always because of BBC.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying interracial dating is only because of the BBC, however it does speak to the inherent racism and stereotypes in today's American society with how Black males are viewed by other races. I'm sure ol' dude is a great guy but the whole relationship gives off the "she wants the BBC" type vibe.

Someone said sam puckett has a "she looks like she dates black guys" look about her.

This reminds me of a this chick I met on a bus, pretty young thing in downtown mpls. She was talking on the phone, sounded no different from any other becky, but this was her "I'm talking to white people" voice. Apparently her natural speaking voice with her friends had a very hood centric tone about it, and when I was choppin it up she spoke like a nigga for real. All I could think was is she gaming me? Is her speaking to white people voice her natural voice and she was just acting 'down' to show she was interested/wanted the D? Or was her voice on the phone the equivalent to my interview voice and the way she spoke to me was indeed sincere? I know some of you have come across this to some extent.

philisophicalraptor.png

You don't have your two voices? The voice you use when you need to speak eloquently and without flaw and the voice you use when you around your boys chillin and shit? I learned that from an early age.

Imm0rt4l

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying interracial dating is only because of the BBC, however it does speak to the inherent racism and stereotypes in today's American society with how Black males are viewed by other races. I'm sure ol' dude is a great guy but the whole relationship gives off the "she wants the BBC" type vibe.

You don't have your two voices? The voice you use when you need to speak eloquently and without flaw and the voice you use when you around your boys chillin and shit? I learned that from an early age.

I do, I said as much. But I was wondering which was her interview voice and which was her legit voice, the Becky or the down chick. She might have been interviewing me to throw the D cuz she clearly like brothas. I should clarify that she was a white chick.

Top Bottom