• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gorillaz

How do you guys know when to quit your job and move on? Lol

I can't think of any reason to stay in other than personal reasons.
when you get to the point where you keep thinking that constantly

Just quit my job like 2 weeks ago and started training at this new one last night. It was kind of numbing at first to leave behind a job that was flexible as fuck because of how long I was there and how well I clicked with people. Left because the negatives were starting to pass up the positives

harSon

Banned
Jesus Christ, airplane tickets from SF to Brazil cost an arm and a leg. $1,700 - $2,000 just to get there and back. World Cup is going to murder my bank account :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nah this is family shit. My mom and sister are beefing and I have hear each side. And act as a go between.
This has been my life for two damn years. They haven't spoken to each other for like 16 months. Some women can hold on to bullshit drama forever. I basically told them last Christmas to get lost if they aren't going to swallow their pride and admit both made mistakes. It at least stopped them using me as a go-between.

harSon

Banned
Not to mention the ransom you will have to pay when you are kidnapped.

Maybe. The friend I'll be staying with is rich, and he was taken at gun point in his luxury car on the way to school in Sao Paulo. They made him to drive two hours away, then forced him out the car and jacked his shit.

At least I get to stay in his baller ass pad before I get kidnapped by Lil Ze

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Maybe. The friend I'll be staying with is rich, and he was taken at gun point in his luxury car on the way to school in Sao Paulo. They made him to drive two hours away, then forced him out the car and jacked his shit.

At least I get to stay in his baller ass pad before I get kidnapped by Lil Ze
Now I'm just imagining if you give them everything they'll think you're holding out on them and keep you longer.

"I know Drake would of had more jewelry than this. PONY UP!"

Slayven

This has been my life for two damn years. They haven't spoken to each other for like 16 months. Some women can hold on to bullshit drama forever. I basically told them last Christmas to get lost if they aren't going to swallow their pride and admit both made mistakes. It at least stopped them using me as a go-between.

I always just walked away from those.

Yeah that is what I need to do.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
when you get to the point where you keep thinking that constantly

Just quit my job like 2 weeks ago and started training at this new one last night. It was kind of numbing at first to leave behind a job that was flexible as fuck because of how long I was there and how well I clicked with people. Left because the negatives were starting to pass up the positives
The thing I'd miss most is how interesting life is. I'm addicted to it in a way.
How do you feel about yourself when you tell people where you work?
Like a boss.

How do you guys know when to quit your job and move on? Lol

I can't think of any reason to stay in other than personal reasons.

So far, I've either broken out before it got to a boiling point, or been laid off. But I'd say when your work-life balance is too far off, or when you know there are no opportunities for advancement.

harSon

Banned
Surely Obama will launch missiles at Brazil for Drizzy

This community cant take any more Ls. Even the OP himself is perma

Real talk, we need to invade Brazil so we can get an influx of Brazilian immigrant refuges. That's the only way we're going to legitimately compete on the world stage in soccer.

harSon

Banned
If harSon gets kidnapped Dy will just go Argo AND Zero Dark Thirty and get him out.

hqdefault.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
When you start thinking this:

It's time to move on when you lose sleep over the fact that you gotta get to work in the morning.
Granted, they are damned good personal reasons. I just know that I'd like to have more than what I have now. I could beat my chest til I'm 40 but that doesn't mean shit if you got nothing more than a journal to show for it. This job is like that girl from the hood that is always there when you need her - even though she's always doing dumb shit and keeping your family on that "you can do better" tip.

BUT I LOVE ER

J10

Banned
Lady got a racist remark other than a tip. Figured I'd post it here since if I post it in OT the thread will be depressing. Someone else can do that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...receipt_n_3894585.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

EDIT: Nevermind already posted on GAF, I will read and then might be disappointed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674961

There's always one:

Did the customer really write that, though? How do we know that she wasn't so mad at not getting a tip that she wrote it to ruin the customer's reputation?

BHZ Mayor

Man fuck that thread and race threads in general. We all know how they go, so why even bother? Race threads have about as much potential for a discussion as a Brian Ashcraft Kotaku article. Actually even less than that. Just flame/troll bait.

J10

Banned
Man fuck that thread and race threads in general. We all know how they go, so why even bother? Race threads have about as much potential for a discussion as a Brian Ashcraft Kotaku article. Actually even less than that. Just flame/troll bait.

At the very least they let me know who to put on ignore.

It's getting real tiring how threads are like tainted from the start with "why are people so offended" complaining. As if you have to be balls to the wall angry about everything and anything that you find problematic. Some stuff is just tacky, please stop framing the debate at extremes.

Yes. Yes and Yes.

Funny I came across that Red Lobster article after meeting with one of my employees who just interviewed for another position. The interviewer actually told him "Mr. Young I'm so impressed, you are so well spoken. We'll be in touch." One of the hard truth's about climbing the corporate ladder.

Gaming side is pretty bad for gender threads.

"It'd be nice to have more female protagonists and better female characters in games."
"RAWR FUCK YOU YOU'RE ALWAYS COMPLAINING AND FORCING YOUR AGENDA."

And the former is constantly told they're the ones "faux outraging" all over the place.

Nudull

Banned

"It'd be nice to have more female protagonists and better female characters in games."

And the former is constantly told they're the ones "faux outraging" all over the place.

Often makes me shy away from engaging in most gender threads on GAF at all, and I'm pretty vocal about these issues.

Yado

I had to force myself to stop reading that GTA thread.

Top Bottom