• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Podcast should never be aired live lol

Moris/Beef don't want to go out like that

Is there somewhere to listen to the podcast live? I didn't see anything like that in the OP, and I'm kind of dull when it comes to things like that.

Too much shade and sloppiness to air our stuff live. People might not notice but those episodes take an hour or two to edit and you know... the hellfire like shade and verbal side-eyes.

DominoKid

my memory may be off but I'm surprised GTA hasn't had a character like Griselda Blanco yet. if not playable, than at least as a prominent character in the story.

BHZ Mayor

Is BCT doing their own GTAV Crew, or are you people just gonna join the one set up on Gaming Side? I'll be getting it on PS3.

I think we're doing our own. Don't quote me on that though.

Griselda, Judy Moran, Xie Caiping, Sandra Avila Beltran, Rosetta Cutolo, Maria Licciardi, Maria Leon, Marisa Merico, Raffaella D'Alterio, etc.

http://www.dw.de/mob-ladies-womens-roles-in-the-italian-mafia-are-growing/a-1196395

I heard Slay and JC are petitioning for a game starring Big Ang.

Gorillaz

I think it's weird that no one relatively high up at Rockstar has suggested a female protagonist. Or maybe they have, but it was rejected for reasons. From early art for V I thought there would be one.

Houser brothers are the type that only do something if it clicks well and not for "progressive" sakes, so i'm not surprised that 5 isn't female based.

That said wouldn't be shocked if 6 had one.

Vice

my memory may be off but I'm surprised GTA hasn't had a character like Griselda Blanco yet. if not playable, than at least as a prominent character in the story.

There was a female drug dealer in IV I believe. Lots of female story character in The Ballad of Gay Tony.

I got into the habit of playing female characters when the only non-white option in FFXI was the Chief. Not sure what's wrong with these cats who feel threatened by female protags.

How do you guys know when to quit your job and move on? Lol

I can't think of any reason to stay in other than personal reasons.

Don't. You should have some money saved by now. Go back to school because it's basically free. Go to a CC you can transfer college debt free before it runs out. You also get Financial Aid because you're considered an independent.

Also, you will get tons of pussy being in college and ex-military. lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I usually don't get celebrity crushes that often but I've got it pretty bad right now. How about some simp-athy for the devil here.

I just want Janelle to marry me. It's a prime time and I even live in her home town of Kansas City.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I always felt that if they put in a female protagonist into GTA, it would have to be with a group of females ala Set it Off. Bring back Queen Latifah and I'm in.

BHZ Mayor

How many of y'all know Prince's discography well enough to help me out with this? This has been bugging me since the thread popped up. Hopefully I'm not crazy or mis-remembering things.

Night in Chicago (Lee's Theme in Tekken 1 and 2) sounds a lot like a Prince song, but I can't find it or remember enough of the lyrics to search. If someone could find it, that would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ZPRtONA9c&t=1m35s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptzJpjcvjQ&t=0m13s

DY_nasty

Don't. You should have some money saved by now. Go back to school because it's basically free. Go to a CC you can transfer college debt free before it runs out. You also get Financial Aid because you're considered an independent.

Also, you will get tons of pussy being in college and ex-military. lol
But I haven't even been a black soldier in Germany yet. :(

Spinluck

I had no clue about this. But apparently the past NFL week had the most black QBs start in a single week at 9. Cool little stat that probably no one noticed, but whateva.

Swizz posted this picture

BT6WRnaIcAAQGXR.jpg

MAAAAAAAN

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I always felt that if they put in a female protagonist into GTA, it would have to be with a group of females ala Set it Off. Bring back Queen Latifah and I'm in.

I've wanted a set it off or Coffy type game for so long now. Would love for R* or another big studio to take a risk like that.

I've wanted a set it off or Coffy type game for so long now. Would love for R* or another big studio to take a risk like that.

That would be cool, but it seems like whoever tried would unfortunately catch a lot of shit, either from people like those who "can't identify with CJ," or *certain* journalists who would accuse them of being exploitative while completely ignoring context.

Personally, I want a beat 'em up with a character named Iceberg Slam

San Andreas had a few female NPCs who would have been good protagonists. A few members of C.J.'s harem in particular (the hoodrat gangbanger girl, the stereotypical hot blooded Latina car thief). In fact, Catalina (said car thief) was in the first GTA, so she has history that could be used to create more depth to her character.

Slayven

I was thinking about a tyler Perry game today. Where you are a light skinned god fearing black man on a mission to save all the black women. You weapons are a hot pot of grits and a book of negro spirituals.

DY_nasty

Shit is lol.

Word just came down that we're dropping 170,000 people in the next TWELVE months - all so we can work a way out of paying unemployment for future soldiers. Amazing. This was the sign. On top of that, the window for getting out dropped from 12 months to 18.

My captain just walked in with the shitjustgotreal face. Said he never saw so much jubilee and sadness in one conference in his life. Right when I was on the fence hard this shit happens and makes my mind up for me. I'm DONE.

Sorry to hear that DY. Not really familiar with military benefits and the organization but I'm assuming that post means you're screwed? Like you can't get out for at least 18 months but you might be discharged in 12 so what does this affect for you?

Also what's Black Culture GAFs thoughts on light skinned people of all races? Is there really a war between the light skinned and dark skinned like PP (rip come back to us brah) suggests?

Cuz I'm a light skinned brown kid and I've noticed a slight trace of hierarchy

But I haven't even been a black soldier in Germany yet. :(

You really REALLY trying to live up to that moniker. There are no words for a black soldier in Germany. For the uninitiated every rumor you've heard multiply that by 10. Hell I know black women have it kinda like that in Italy.

And serious question....
Dy are you trying to switch MOS? And are they still giving bonuses for enlisted switching. Had a couple cats roll out of 13M and due to security clearance being what it is they were able to run with a lot more choices. Rank really does have privilege. And you were stationed in Texas.....

If you do what I think you do then you should have NO problem switching. None whatsoever. You should have better choices than mine.
Korea, Oklahoma, NC and Texas.... lol.

Top Bottom