• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DominoKid

i'm curious as to how you would even reproduce that pasta abortion.

Happy Bday Rio.

GTA man. Ali Bombaye came on and I almost caught ten bodies in the whip, off the skrenf.

The police don't play. I got two stars and went from crook to, Jesus take the wheel.

the police arent that bad.
it just takes about 10 secs too long for the stars to disappear. it makes it really tedious.
map watch and find a good hiding spot.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
i'm curious as to how you would even reproduce that pasta abortion.

the police arent that bad.
it just takes about 10 secs too long for the stars to disappear. it makes it really tedious.
map watch and find a good hiding spot.

Word. Found out by accident that you could hide in the bushes.

Civilians don't play. I accidentally tapped this dudes car, then like 4 suvs rolled up with like 4-5 dudes a piece and started dumping on me. o.0 Like damn, I just wanted to give you my information sir.

Came back to that block and put the work in...

Then got lit up by the feds. lol

The things men do for pussy. Took the stripper home to one of the worst looking hoods. Almost got blasted as soon as I stepped outside. Now she's sending pics.

I fucking love this game.

DominoKid

By not stirring

oh wow that's so basic that i'd never think about what would happen if you didn't stir.

Word. Found out by accident that you could hide in the bushes.

Civilians don't play. I accidentally tapped this dudes car, then like 4 suvs rolled up with like 4-5 dudes a piece and started dumping on me. o.0 Like damn, I just wanted to give you my information sir.

Came back to that block and put the work in...

Then got lit up by the feds. lol

The things men do for pussy. Took the stripper home to one of the worst looking hoods. Almost got blasted as soon as I stepped outside. Now she's sending pics.

I fucking love this game.

breh, i got snatched out my whip on the freeway and beat to death. i guess i tapped somebody when i was swerving through traffic?

i was like
i6gjB2MHKxP76.png
for so long that i forgot i could fight back until i was dead.

i still don't know how that motherfucker caught me because i was flying down the highway.

Man some of the articles are hitting me straight in my feels. That woman kicking that little Roma girl I can't. My ridiculously high level of child empathy can't allow me to look at that photo for more than two seconds before the feels hit me and I feel sad. Seriously that photo is killing my soul. =(

Then there's the article about the Katrina shooting, I just can't.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
breh, i got snatched out my whip on the freeway and beat to death. i guess i tapped somebody when i was swerving through traffic?

i was like
i6gjB2MHKxP76.png

i still don't know how that motherfucker caught me because i was flying down the highway.

Hahahaha

Gorillaz

oh wow that's so basic that i'd never think about what would happen if you didn't stir.

i was like
i6gjB2MHKxP76.png

stuff like this happened to me a few times too. Had to sit there and just think like "did that shit just happen....."

J10

Banned
I can boil eggs, fry hash browns, cook gravy, and that's it. You're telling me pasta is easier than that?

1. Heat water to a boil
2. Add pasta, let boil for 10-12 minutes
3. Profit

You might need to wear training wheels and a helmet in the kitchen if you can't manage that.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So I got that GTA V.... Shit is crack. The best part is that money means something this game. Like dudes are not rolling in it like you were in GTA iv where after about 5 missions you were more or less set.

Thanks for all the love folk. I'm feeling amazing right now. Been a good day. I'm officially 32. Feels good.

Bout to curl up with GTA and drink some more.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
how are people so freaking far GTAalready? I just unlocked Trevor which is my favorite so far. and if I hear the word homie again I'm gonna flip. are people on the west coast still using that word ?

Race thread? Race thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682129

how are people so freaking far GTAalready? I just unlocked Trevor which is my favorite so far. and if I hear the word homie again I'm gonna flip. are people on the west coast still using that word ?

You just unlocked Trevor? Damn homie you playin like 10mins a day or something?

Since I live in the south, hearing Franklin talk is a breath of fresh fucking air. I went to lowcountry SC once...I didn't understand shit being said to me.

DominoKid

i've been putting in ~6 hrs a day since the midnight release and i'm only 40% done, just now getting to the 2nd heist. folks must be playing this around the clock to have finished the game.

So I got that GTA V.... Shit is crack. The best part is that money means something this game. Like dudes are not rolling in it like you were in GTA iv where after about 5 missions you were more or less set.

the economy in this game got me sending Franklin on deep sea expeditions to stack money. came back to town swagged out in an all white suit and gators, pimped out the cadillac. drove around town buying a few businesses to 70s funk music. felt like a boss.

J10

Banned
I saw that all three characters have different residences. Can you buy/rent new places to live or is the black man stuck in the ghetto?

BHZ Mayor

I've only been play a couple hours after work so I haven't even met Trevor yet. I just
detonated the iPhone bomb

And I'm late, but Happy Birthday Rio. Enjoy as much as last night.

Slayven

Race thread? Race thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682129

You just unlocked Trevor? Damn homie you playin like 10mins a day or something?

Since I live in the south, hearing Franklin talk is a breath of fresh fucking air. I went to lowcountry SC once...I didn't understand shit being said to me.

Man seeing what people post with resistant makes me wonder what they say when not under a threat of a ban.

Gorillaz

Franklins dialogue hurts at times. Enough of saying homie every sentence. Dan Houser pls......
I saw that all three characters have different residences. Can you buy/rent new places to live or is the black man stuck in the ghetto?
Ehhhh Yea you can buy stuff but either way he will "get out". Dont want to go down spoiler territory too much

Slayven

Franklins dialogue hurts at times. Enough of saying homie every sentence. Dan Houser pls......

Ehhhh Yea you can buy stuff but either way he will "get out". Dont want to go down spoiler territory too much

On a podcast they said the black folks dialogue sounds like it was written by a guy with no contact with black people outside of films.

RedSwirl

I hope for your sake that this is some kind of sarcasm that's flying over my head.

I never like, investigated the difficulty of making pasta.

1. Heat water to a boil
2. Add pasta, let boil for 10-12 minutes
3. Profit

You might need to wear training wheels and a helmet in the kitchen if you can't manage that.

Where does the shrimp and seasoning come into the equation?

I never like, investigated the difficulty of making pasta.

Where does the shrimp and seasoning come into the equation?

Serious............I was doing this shit at like 12. If you still live at home get with who ever does the cooking before you move out and learn some basic stuff.

On a podcast they said the black folks dialogue sounds like it was written by a guy with no contact with black people outside of films.

Yo homie loc, Po po 5-0 one time 187 etc.

Its like they wrote dialogue then crossed out words like friend, police and replaces them with what old men think young people say.

For some odd reason, I don't mind the use of "homie" in the script.

Now, the use of "dog/dawg" on the other hand...

Made Franklin get a real light caesar and a full beard, doing my best to make him look like MC Ride.

My sister comes out of nowhere and says he looks like Rick Ross instead. :|

Now I haven't played GTAV yet but I do know that "dog" and "homie" were heavily used in the 90's in LA. They're still used (though to a lesser extent) in the LA area even now.

Top Bottom