• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

It just makes me extra mad when I see something like "I'm a person of color and I don't care about being represented," especially since I'm in the industry.

Makes my FACE HURT

Some people will always be content with scraps and never want to challenge anything. Just chuckle at 'em.

Or you can find out and be more appreciative of how it ends up tasting good.

No Ginuwine situations is a good life

Sure, but it's still sausage. Sometimes ugly and crazy process to create gold.

Then with my last breath, as he removes the knife from my chest I'll grab him by the collar and pull his ear to my mouth and whisper...."hey.....yo girl tasted good."

Reminds me of Tenpenny's Partner in San Andreas:

"CJ, one last thing..."

"What?"

"Can I fuck your sister?"

"A Bitch to the end." *Stomp*

It just makes me extra mad when I see something like "I'm a person of color and I don't care about being represented," especially since I'm in the industry.

Makes my FACE HURT

I know what you mean, because I do give a shit. I find it delicious that the two highest selling GTA's had black characters in them.
Need more diversity, not less.

Rachetmess is the stomping ground for crustacean lower then crab

I was this close to forgetting about that thing forever

Pepe+Popcorn.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So while all you folks are playing GTA, I've been dipping into my backlog instead.

Xenoblade is a damn good game so far. Monolithsoft went all out. I think Klepek from Giant Bomb said it best when he said "this game doesn't give a fuck that it's on the Wii." It's like they didn't get the memo that they needed to lower their ambitions because the hardware was underpowered.

Just from a gameplay perspective, there's a lot to juggle. You put on armor, but good armor has gem slots, so you have to craft gems from crystals you pick up, so then you have to put two of your characters on the crafting machine, and each character has different crafting stats based on what position they're working on the machine. Then each character has arts you level up with art points, and then you have to buy art books to unlock the next set of levels for that art, and you get more arts than you can take into a battle so you have to manage which skills each character has, even though you only control 1/3 of the characters when you go into battle. Then each character has a passive skill tree with three branches, and you choose which branch you're gaining skill points toward at any given time, and each character also has skill links, where depending on the level of affinity they have with the other characters, they can equip another character's skills in addition to their own.

That's not even getting into in-battle stuff like aggro management, break/topple/daze status, the party gauge and chain attacks. Also there a million fucking sidequests, 95 percent of which you don't even have to go back to turn in, many of which are tied to the named character populations of cities you go to, where the people all have relationships with each other and are only active in certain areas at certain times of the day; also any named npc will have items that you can trade for with collectibles. Also, each area has a collectopaedia, where you get rewards for finding all the collectibles in an area.

And also the game has the best music and already some amazing environments. DAMN I am loving this game

Can't make this shit up, two niggas got in the fight in the theater parking lot today while Jane Child "Don't Wanna Fall in Love" was playing.

I swear to God, GTA is affecting everything around me.

Also, Prisoners? Stay away from that movie if you have any kids

let me correct that for DY/FreeMufasa, if you CARE about any of your kids you got out there

Can't make this shit up, two niggas got in the fight in the theater parking lot today while Jane Child "Don't Wanna Fall in Love" was playing.

let me correct that for DY/FreeMufasa, if you CARE about any of your kids you got out there

That song came on Tuesday night while I was playing and I was like "where's somebody with nose to ear chain?"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Morris told me you were dead

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
no thread is as rage-inducing as the 'black women are unattractive' thread...Opiate himself had to watch it.

Monitor was punched multiple times that night

Oh, I was watching that go down live-was still waiting for approval then.

But you brought back some memories lol

I was so heated in that thread I wanted to go out on one of those Satch type bans. Had people straight up saying some ol' halacious shit like "X character can't be black because their hair is white." Then they turn around and say "My favorite character <insert cliche japanese name>!" you google this character and this muthafucka is rocking blue hair and shit...

RIP LenniefulJC.

He just wanted to play Wii Sports. He never meant for it to get tangled in that white girls hair when he was flailing his arms playing tennis and telling us how awesome and immersive the next Zelda was gonna be when it came out one day.

Thought about making a thread asking should stop and frisk be implemented to catch (white) kids before they do mass shootings as long as they "fit the description"

Then I came to my senses.

One of the worst threads I've seen was a Rihanna thread that delved into questioning whether she was black or not.

Or the one in that became a debate on whether or not Beyonce was white, or how many people thought she was white and some refused to believe she was black because she "didn't look black".

Which reminds me of the RE5 thread on Sheva and how she didn't "look black" either.

Thought about making a thread asking should stop and frisk be implemented to catch (white) kids before they do mass shootings as long as they "fit the description"

Then I came to my senses.

Or the one in that became a debate on whether or not Beyonce was white, or how many people thought she was white and some refused to believe she was black because she "didn't look black".

Which reminds me of the RE5 thread on Sheva and how she didn't "look black" either.

If I didn't know who Destiny's Child was before I went to Japan and came back, I might have thought so too. I showed someone the first album cover and they were like "where's Beyonce?"

harSon

Banned
Yeah. That's just stupid lol

Go to a strip club if you can't contain that type of thirst.

Yo I am though. She got me thirsting like Blade. I was eyeing her when I first got on the job, but overheard her talking about her husband and child a few times and basically said "there goes that ship." She's a year or two older, hispanic/asian and her body is on point. I don't know shit about her husband though, she never mentions him... so I dunno, maybe he's the type of nigga who takes "till death do us part" to heart. She always says we should go out and get a drink, but I ain't got self control liquored up... cause if the time comes for me to throw down or bail out, i'ma be like "baby you my everything, you all I ever wanted"

DY_nasty

Watching MK with my friends

The fight scene with the theme song just came on

Feels everywhere

DY_nasty

Yo I am though. She got me thirsting like Blade. I was eyeing her when I first got on the job, but overheard her talking about her husband and child a few times and basically said "there goes that ship." She's a year or two older, hispanic/asian and her body is on point. I don't know shit about her husband though, she never mentions him... so I dunno, maybe he's the type of nigga who takes "till death do us part" to heart. She always says we should go out and get a drink, but I ain't got self control liquored up... cause if the time comes for me to throw down or bail out, i'ma be like "baby you my everything, you all I ever wanted"
How you gonna watch all these long-winded ass fake-intellectual movies and NOT see how much of a trainwreck you're thinking about kissing on the lips?

Do you think you're lucky or something? lol

That is precisely the kind of person that you let someone else fuck up with first. At work though? You may as well tell everyone in the office that you're a strong, independent black man.

How you gonna watch all these long-winded ass fake-intellectual movies and NOT see how much of a trainwreck you're thinking about kissing on the lips?

Do you think you're lucky or something? lol

That is precisely the kind of person that you let someone else fuck up with first. At work though? You may as well tell everyone in the office that you're a strong, independent black man.

Niggas always think they're the exception and shit.

harSon after one drink:
- Oh man, I can't believe he actually does that. I'd be slappin' mySELF for that.

harSon after two drinks:
- I wanna know what turns you oooooooon
So I can be all that and moooooooore
I'd like to know what makes you cryyyyyyy
So I can be the one who always makes you smiiiiiiiile

We all know this shit ain't gonna work out. hars0n is gonna come back in like 2 months talkin about how shit is fucked for him, tryin to get some sympathy from BCT and shit.

I have a friend like that. Trying to build relationships with chicks who cheated on their boyfriend to be his girlfriend. What did you think was gonna happen?

But minus the co-worker bit, if he kept his distance harson would be good to go.

You have it out for Harson? There's levels to this shit.

BF-GF: YMMV, if you want to be in drama.. knock yourself out.
Husband-Wife: You're entering the danger zone. You really want to test someone's crazy?
Husband-Wife+children: God bless.

DY_nasty

Even then, you let a cornball take that #newsinglelife L first.

I still blow dudes' heads up to let them catch bullets for me.

harSon

Banned
Even if I was to do it, and I probably ain't, especially since I'm not trying to fuck with employment atm, there's no way in hell I'm in it for a relationship. I'm not tryna have a relationship with anyone, let alone with someone knee deep in an affair lmao.

harSon after one drink:
- Oh man, I can't believe he actually does that. I'd be slappin' mySELF for that.

harSon after two drinks:

For reals though, I'm pretty sure I got a drinking problem. I'm not an alcoholic in the sense that I have to have alcohol. I can go months/years without craving a drop. But when I do drink, there's a good chance I'm blacking the fuck out that night and embarrassing the fuck out of everybody. My self control when drinking is non-existent.

DY_nasty

harSon after one drink:

harSon after two drinks:
fuck that niiig-aah that you love sooo much

Top Bottom