• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Ripclawe

Banned
Did Ripclawe give himself that avatar or did a mod force it on him? It's hilarious either way, but even more so if the mods are messing with him (I'm assuming he said something stupid recently?).
I did actually, thought it was pretty spectacular and thankfully the image resized correctly

more posts in this thread than Niggs tho
cat_zpsa5a1f50a.png

since GTA5 has been released I've been hearing people talk about it, that I didn't think really played games.

Ya'll don't like underground hip hop?

I like it, it's just that the people there seem to be on the -

and yeah I also think they have bad taste. I like underground, but I feel more towards The Reminders, Brother Ali, Jean Grae, Atlast, Akua Naru, Snow tha Product, Immortal Technique, Reverie, and Klassy.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
since GTA5 has been released I've been hearing people talk about it, that I didn't think really played games.

and yeah I also think they have bad taste. I like underground, but I feel more towards The Reminders, Brother Ali, Jean Grae, Atlast, Akua Naru, Snow tha Product, Immortal Technique, Reverie, and Klassy.

Irony.

j/k

As long as you all don't roll in there like your fav backpacker is shitting on mainstream rappers, just because they're underground (lol @ this still being used in 2013), then you'll be good.

Yall missing out on Blackaces mixes. :whew:

Recon

Banned
HopGAF has terrible taste.

I didn't realize gaf-hop was a singular entity. As long as you like obscure Israeli dub-hop, you will fit in. Ask spindashing for recommendations.

Also saying people have bad taste is one way to endear yourself to a community.

Ya'll don't like underground hip hop?
I was joking, I am a part of GAF-Hop.

You say we have bad taste and begin to list boring ass rappers.

Playing, but I'm pretty sure there are GAF-Hop regulars who like those people as well as similar acts.

BlackJace

If I had a dollar for everytime people ask me how I can still like the "garbage, disrespectful, misogynistic, vulgar mess" that rap is today.....

What also bothers me is how they say it. It's a crazy high-horse attitude that's only backed up by the mainstream stuff they hear on the radio. I hate how it's used to paint the genre as a whole.

If I had a dollar for everytime people ask me how I can still like the "garbage, disrespectful, misogynistic, vulgar mess" that rap is today.....

What also bothers me is how they say it. It's a crazy high-horse attitude that's only backed up by the mainstream stuff they hear on the radio. I hate how it's used to paint the genre as a whole.

tell 'em to stop wearing blinders and ignoring Macklemore because Rap is so much more than whatever they manage to hear on the local radio and blasting from rapcars

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
every time I visit gafhop I get salty. That's why I just lurk most of the time till a new kanye album drops.

Just wait till the Wii U regret sinks in, while waiting for the shitty OS to take you back to the home screen.

When I traded that shit in I felt good...........damn good.

Maybe ill pick it up when real Mario/Zelda/Metroid come out.

harSon

Banned
Just wait till the Wii U regret sinks in, while waiting for the shitty OS to take you back to the home screen.

When I traded that shit in I felt good...........damn good.

Maybe ill pick it up when real Mario/Zelda/Metroid come out.

I'ma treat the system the same way I've treated all Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube, and that's waiting until the end of the generation where I can pick up the console and games for pennies on the dollar. That's what I did with Gamecube and Wii, and that's what I'll likely do with the Wii U.

BHZ Mayor

Remember when I made that post about how "slut shaming" is more of a term to make people feel better about not having standards?

This is the same franchise where you're able to fuck hookers for health then kill them for a refund. Where's the "OMG slut shaming" outrage that everyone likes to trip themselves over these days to make themselves feel better about not having any standards?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683293&page=5

Yeah.

Bought my first 3Ds title yesterday...

SMT4. So damn good. And I'm loving this handheld. Just mad that a mainline SMT didn't come out on a HD console.

Top Bottom