• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bout to get a new car

I went from wanting an Audi in December to being dead set on a 87 Camaro

Gonna roll up to the club blasting Com Truise, hop out with pilot stunnas and a members only leather jacket.

"Yes, trick, I got more blow than you can handle."

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Happy Birthday onemic AKA "oh-nee-mick".

MicrophoneCake%2B001.jpg

And before you ask, I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a microphone cake.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Too cheap to spring for icing. Not even any sprinkles. Or a real table cloth since its sitting on what looks like Styrofoam.

No plates either.

"jus go on and grab a handful"

Gorillaz

Chiwetal
onemic "the Canadian"
Ejiofor been hiding out on gaf instead of dealing with his hollywood shit...smh

happy bday breh

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Kind of a terrible attitude to have, but I hope Oldboy 2013 is infinitely better than the original, just so Spike Lee haters can hold the L.

harSon

Banned
Kind of a terrible attitude to have, but I hope Oldboy 2013 is infinitely better than the original, just so Spike Lee haters can hold the L.

Well, outside of cinematography, there's probably a good chance that this could happen since the original is the very definition of overrated. Chan-Wook Park is a great director, and has an eye for visuals, but he's a terrible screenwriter which was definitely the weak link of the original. Well that and the actor behind the film's antagonist.

And it doesn't matter if the remake is better then the original, people will convince themselves otherwise. The Karate Kid remake is better than the original, but nostalgia and hatred for remakes and Jaden Smith have convinced people otherwise. Hell, people have convinced themselves that Spike Lee is a terrible director and has only a fluke good film to his credit, simply because they hate the man behind the camera.

cdyhybrid

I'm guilty of it sometimes, but the whole idea that "classic" pieces of art/media should be untouchable and never experimented with needs to go away. Or at least chill out a little bit.

Nakazato

There a show on that i was asked to work on tv... I turned it down so I could stay alive for my 25 bday... Cant really say what happened on set but I did what i did cause I love living lol

Imm0rt4l

Seriously. People are hating on the movie, just because they don't like spike lee.

'herp derp I don't want an all black cast for my ol boy.....oh it's not a black cast?.....well it looks too similar to the original.....herp derp spike lee joint, it's not your movie, what a ripoff'

harSon

Banned
There a show on that i was asked to work on tv... I turned it down so I could stay alive for my 25 bday... Cant really say what happened on set but I did what i did cause I love living lol

Real Boo's of Compton?

Seriously. People are hating on the movie, just because they don't like spike lee.

'herp derp I don't want an all black cast for my ol boy.....oh it's not a black cast?.....well it looks too similar to the original.....herp derp spike lee joint, it's not your movie, what a ripoff'

It's some hypcrotical BS too. You can separate the man from the art. It's not like these same people haven't been enjoying Roman Polanski's films over the last few decades.

Top Bottom