• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Well, outside of cinematography, there's probably a good chance that this could happen since the original is the very definition of overrated. Chan-Wook Park is a great director, and has an eye for visuals, but he's a terrible screenwriter which was definitely the weak link of the original. Well that and the actor behind the film's antagonist.

And it doesn't matter if the remake is better then the original, people will convince themselves otherwise. The Karate Kid remake is better than the original, but nostalgia and hatred for remakes and Jaden Smith have convinced people otherwise. Hell, people have convinced themselves that Spike Lee is a terrible director and has only a fluke good film to his credit, simply because they hate the man behind the camera.

I was right there with you until the Karate Kid shit.

Anyways, my nephew just got his test shot right now. Which means I'm going to be chilling with a 6'3 dude with a large of amount of anger and energy.

harSon

Banned

Anyways, my nephew just got his test shot right now. Which means I'm going to be chilling with a 6'3 dude with a large of amount of anger and energy.

Yo, outside of Pat Morita, the original The Karate Kid is inferior in almost every aspect. Particularly the choreography and acting behind the main protagonists.

Kind of a terrible attitude to have, but I hope Oldboy 2013 is infinitely better than the original, just so Spike Lee haters can hold the L.

You want the right thing for the wrong reason lol.I want the movie to be good because I like good movies. If its even as good as the original, that'd be a success in my eyes.

I haven't stepped foot in that thread tho.

Lebron

I don't know, I thought it was a worthy remake to be honest. At least Jaden actually looked like he had actually learned some moves during the training montage. Ralph still looked like he just got back from day 1 white belt training, with the little kids.

Yo, outside of Pat Morita, the original The Karate Kid is inferior in almost every aspect. Particularly the choreography and acting behind the main protagonists.

But Daniel was just a better all around character. I was annoyed all the way through the remake by how big of a brat little Will Smith was.

the cinematography in kk2 is amazing though. I was really impressed with the lighting.

RedSwirl

tumblr_mpmkzkXJsJ1qjkukyo1_500.png

Top Bottom