• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

G-Fex

because capcom has become retarded. its the same reason they decided to end the dino crisis series on 3 and survivor. because they hate money

That's fine, better than letting them end up like RE6 right?

Truth be told I don't even like RE4. I only like the original RE games. Like REmake.

You know what. Fuck God of War 3. I have such a personal hatred for that game. Its the game that started my whole downhill spiral with the genre. Action games on a whole have become seriously mediocre. Its always gonna turn into which set piece is gonna be bigger then the other guys. Its time that better story and innovation come into play.

Viewtiful Joe was an amazing little game(GC FTW) that I wish got more props. It harkened back to that old school side scroller fanatic in me. And yes Clover/Platinum has essentially not put out a bad game but they suffer from them sales. But then again I had to attempt Vanquish 3 damn times before I started respecting it.

You know what we really need..... Beyond Good and Evil 2.

And besides Street Fighter, Capcom got issues with the number 3. Dino Crisis 1 and 2 were so jam. Lost Planet 1 and 2 were so jam. see where im going with this.

and DMC 2 was awful. 3SE was the shit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Pretty sure DC 3 came out during a time when people thought everything from Dracula to Jason needed to be in space.

they need to come out with dino crisis 3 true. with regina and actual dinosaurs instead of mutant dino/human/gum hybrids. i mean why the fuck capcom.

Imm0rt4l

someone brought up brute force in gaming side and all I could recall was the poor sap who gave up some tail cuz he was hyped to play brute force. Which one of you niggas was it.

G-Fex

someone brought up brute force in gaming side and all I could recall was the poor sap who gave up some tail cuz he was hyped to play brute force. Which one of you niggas was it.

HAHAHA Brute Force

A while ago before I started overdoing shit on twitch, I bought a original x-box and casted all kinds of original X-box games. I went on a binge and bought a BUNCH of x-box games. Good sports games, good titles and a good amount of BAD games.

Brute force was alright but not great, I barely remembered it when I played it. I mostly remember playing the real bad games, like Robocop. Which was a first person shooter on the x-box, and quite possibly one of the worst FPS games ever.

How many of you cats ever went back and just played some old shit and it was really as good as you remember. I mean not some nostalgia shit, I mean really damn good and still holds up today. Now of course graphics aint as great but gameplay and atmosphere. Just overall good shit.

Went back and started playing The Guardian Legend again. My god why didnt it get a sequel. i know it got a spiritual successor(Sigma Star Saga) but damn so good. Also started playing Ring of Red again.

Any of you play anything where it wasnt just nostalgia it was actually good?

How many of you cats ever went back and just played some old shit and it was really as good as you remember. I mean not some nostalgia shit, I mean really damn good and still holds up today. Now of course graphics aint as great but gameplay and atmosphere. Just overall good shit.

Went back and started playing The Guardian Legend again. My god why didnt it get a sequel. i know it got a spiritual successor(Sigma Star Saga) but damn so good. Also started playing Ring of Red again.

Streets of Rage Remake. antoniobanderas.gif

Parallax

kirby superstar. the best damn kirby game to date. me and my cousin played the living shit out of that when we were younger, then i played it with a younger cousin and we both had a blast. makes brawl that much sadder.

kirby superstar. the best damn kirby game to date. me and my cousin played the living shit out of that when we were younger, then i played it with a younger cousin and we both had a blast. makes brawl that much sadder.

You can see the seeds of Smash in Kirby Superstar.

Capcom is beyond hope now...

Satch

Banned

super metroid

Super Mario World, always and forever.

G-Fex

Easy, Doom, Final Doom, Doom 64, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior.

J10

Banned
There are many games from the 16 and 32 bit era that are still fun to play.

16-bit 2d graphics will always hold up well enough. It's the 32-bit 3d low poly low res bullshit of the PS1 era that will forever look ugly.

Onemic

So none of yall niggas (enjoy lurkers) listened to Deep Cotton, huh?

Listened to the track on their main site. Not feeling it. Sounds nothing like all the artists and sounds they name drop in the About section.

Currently replaying(and trying to finally beat) FFVIII. Just as good as it was back then. Graphics still hold up pretty well too, but that may be because of the Vita's screen.

kirby superstar.
damn solid

super metroid
High mother fucking five. Tit gave me this jam. Still one of the best ambient music in a game. Love the remix in prime 2 as well.

Super Mario World, always and forever.
One of the best 2d platformers easily.

Easy, Doom, Final Doom, Doom 64, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior.
Just bought Doom 3 BFG and it has the original. Loving it.

And I want to add one. Has anyone ever played Sky Blazer. Highly underrated platformer. Overshadowed by a lot of solid shit on the SNES. In my opinion up there with Act Raiser and others.

G-Fex

Just bought Doom 3 BFG and it has the original. Loving it.

Yes there we go good stuff. Abiet a bit censored.

Sigh, I wish I had been better at Super Metroid during my twitch cast, 100 gaffers watching me fumble and fail at Super Metroid playthrough.

ReiGun

Super Mario Bros 3 and World. Two damn fine games.

Imm0rt4l

Earthbound and Chrono Trigger still the GOAT RPGs.

Mega Man X.

Untitledpicture_zpsb94860db.png

DMC 1's camera, weapon selection, overall level design, combat system, and story are worse than 3, and boss fights pale in every way compared to 3.

It's not close. DMC3:SE is the superior game.

More garbage. It's more like:

DMC3 SE = NG1 = GOW3 > God of War 2 = DMC4 > DMC 1 = Viewtiful Joe = God of War = MGR > God Hand = Otogi 1 & 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bayonetta

I really couldn't get into at all, and I tried. Same thing with Vanquish.

I've played them all, it's not really a debate as to if they are well-made games, they just don't click with a lot of people and don't sell. I can acknowledge something being deep and technical even if I don't like it or couldn't get into it.
Loved Okami, enjoyed Viewtiful Joe, came to appreciate God Hand, but aside from MGR, nothing has blown me away.

putting GOW in a list with action games is ... oh, i get it, you're being sarcastic!!!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I played and beat GOW1, never played the 2nd which is said to be even better, actually the 1st is the only game I've played.

Gow1 is one of my favorite games of all time. I rank that shit with likes re4 in terms of game design. Everything just felt right about that game.

J10

Banned
The Agents of SHIELD thread has been ruined by six straight pages of whining about the hacker girl being too pretty to live out of a van and questioning her hygiene habits. Same kinda people who question Jessica Nigri's nerd cred.

YOU CAN'T HAVE SEX WITH EITHER ONE OF THEM. DEAL WITH IT.

Parallax

The Agents of SHIELD thread has been ruined by six straight pages of whining about the hacker girl being too pretty to live out of a van and questioning her hygiene habits. Same kinda people who question Jessica Nigri's nerd cred.

YOU CAN'T HAVE SEX WITH EITHER ONE OF THEM. DEAL WITH IT.

i learned a long ass time ago not to fuck with comic movie/show gaf. if standard comic gaf is anal, i dont know what to call those degenerates.

Top Bottom