• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Man, IDK. Anything that's not built in the Dual Shock mold is always met with "WTF is this shit", but Valve, like Nintendo, are too smart to make some off-the-wall shit that's not comfortable and aint gonna work.

I'd like to play with it, but I aint getting rid of my 360 controller in the mean time.

FyreWulff

Haptic circles are neat

middle touch screen is the recent thing

You can't access more than two buttons while also using a circle simultaneously, and those buttons seem distant from the edge. Any game that uses buttons as primary input (platformers) are not going to be fun on that thing.

New controllers are great, and something I look forward to in Nintendo consoles for each refresh (since MS and Sony seem happy just F5ing their stuff), but they have to be careful they're not hurting themselves trying to please a KBAM crowd that's still going to play KBAM.

Improve the action button positioning and they're really onto something.

J10

Banned
Since that controller thread is moving so fast, I'll ask here: for which styles and genres of games do you suppose that controller would be optimal?

Gorillaz

Since that controller thread is moving so fast, I'll ask here: for which styles and genres of games do you suppose that controller would be optimal?
Expecting RTS games. Fighters, action and possibly platformers seem like they got the short end of the stick on this one. We need impressions first tho

Onemic

Expecting RTS games. Fighters, action and possibly platformers seem like they got the short end of the stick on this one. We need impressions first tho

I'm pretty sure RTS games would be one of the genres that would be more likely to work well with this setup. Better than a traditional controller anyway, which can't do RTS games well period.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That Steam controller...I'd have to try it to be sure but it looks too future for me. Button placement makes me mad.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I thought it looked awesome. Of course it's not going to look like a "regular" controller, because those suck for half of pc games.

FyreWulff

So Dead Rising 3 on 360? As long as it's not butchered like Chop to you drop, could be interesting.

Expect this to happen a lot.

360/PS3 are going to get multiplats for at least the next two years. That 140 + million install base

I would honestly not be surprised if Halo 5 is 360 and One if the One doesn't explode out the gate in sales, for example

harSon

Banned
He was created to be exactly that.

They definitely succeeded, but unfortunately that detracted from the anime in a big way IMO. Having a main character character that your audience loves to hate is one thing, but a protagonist with no redeeming qualities? Dumb decision. He was depressing, pitiful, useless and boring, and the only redeeming quality to his name is the possibility of death - something attributed to all characters in existence - but one that would be glorious in his case. Unfortunately his character was so fucking dreadful that I found myself struggling to even watch episodes, but like all abusive relationships, I've watched everything that the show has to offer... and each time I find myself asking "why?"

Onemic

This. He's pathetic.

His morals don't even make any sense . Just finished the episode where he has to fight his buddy Toji's EVA, and he doesn't want to do anything because another human is piloting it.

Motherfucker, are you too stupid to realize that by not doing anything you're pretty much not only guaranteeing your death, but also humanity's? Not even like the dude tried to disable it or anything instead of flat out destroy it. He just said no. Then cries like a little bitch after his Dad does the sensible thing and forcefully makes him destroy it. And to make matter worse, dude tries to quit being a pilot after finding out its Toji, which just fucks more people up in the next episode. The dude's the definition of pathetic.

To think in the last few episodes before that one I was actually beginning to not hate him as much.

/AnimuNerdRant

Village

them being shitty characters doesn't make Shinji not a pussy. because he is.

Actually yes it does.

I call it , The Uchiha factor.

I think I will patent it.

Its when you look at a characters situation objectively and realize isn't really shitty everyone else is.

Shinji in a word, is genius, he is the definition of the uchiha factor, people talk shit, but when put in the same world shattering position they wouldn't have lasted a minute.

Shinji , is yo ass.

Edit: While I think that, EVA is still a terrible anime, because it still went to shit.

Edit: If you ever feel like hating someone, ask me how I feel about FLCL sometime.

Onemic

I think Im gonna marathon these last 6 Evangelion episodes. Shits getting real. And I've been on and off this show over a year now.

I watched it at first just to have an opinion about it, but I ended up connecting with it a lot more than I thought. It helps to be depressed teenager during a summer lull, admittingly.

Last two episodes are lol, but End of Evangelion is pretty godlike, so it balances out

Imm0rt4l

I watched it at first just to have an opinion about it, but I ended up connecting with it a lot more than I thought. It helps to be depressed teenager during a summer lull, admittingly.

Last two episodes are lol, but End of Evangelion is pretty godlike, so it balances out

I don't know which movie I watched, end of evangelion or death and rebirth.

The one I saw had him masturbating to a comatose asuka

Onemic

What's the order of stuff to watch after the show? I keep hearing of these random movies and things about Evangelion after the series ended, but I have no idea what order they go in.

What's the order of stuff to watch after the show? I keep hearing of these random movies and things about Evangelion after the series ended, but I have no idea what order they go in.

Just watch End of Evangelion if you're interested in seeing the ending.

The other films are either remakes or edited together rehashes

Top Bottom