• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Satch

Banned
im actually really excited for the AoT finale tomorrow

i got some popgaf buddies to watch it and theyre enjoying it

and theyre all mikasa stans too :D

ReiGun

I watched the first episode of AoT and never went back to it. Not because I disliked it, I just didn't feel pressed to finish. Though if the season is ending, I reckon I can binge watch it.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Everyone is talking about AoT. Do i need prior knowledge of anything to enjoy it?

Are there completely out there cultural references that i won't get? Is it better than Korra?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Everyone is talking about AoT. Do i need prior knowledge of anything to enjoy it?

Are there completely out there cultural references that i won't get? Is it better than Korra?
No cultural references or necessary background. I think it's better than Korra mainly because Korra wasted a LOT of potential and opportunities. They completely mistreated Amon.

Titans stay OP

Satch

Banned

even with its often unbearably dreadful pacing, its still significantly better than Korra

now is the perfect time to start because its about to end, so you can binge-watch and the pacing wont be as noticeable

edit:

There's no one else worth stanning for on that show tbh.

no joke, Armin is the third realest nigga in anime right now, behind Levi and Mikasa

DY_nasty

no joke, Armin is the third realest nigga in anime right now, behind Levi and Mikasa

not going to lie, Armin definitely leveled up in a great way. I used to hate that worthless smurf

Levi is Thor-tier though

And Jean ain't so bad either

Onemic

After Im done these last 2 episodes of Evangelion, I'm probably gonna marathon the 13 or so episodes I'm behind in AoT tomorrow. I hear the female titan episode is supposed to be good.

DY_nasty

Whatever yal do, don't google or check the wiki or stay in any long discussion about it.

Spoilers.

Imm0rt4l

After finishing gtav, I feel like Watch Dogs has some pretty big shoes to fill. I'm not saying they're set up for failure since it's a different kind of game, but making as good an open world game as gtav is going to be a daunting task.

DY_nasty

After finishing gtav, I feel like Watch Dogs has some pretty big shoes to fill. I'm not saying they're set up for failure since it's a different kind of game, but making as good an open world game as gtav is going to be a daunting task.

I really feel the same way. Even before GTAV dropped, I was skeptical of Watch Dogs.

DominoKid

nah 2 months is enough time to visit Los Santos.

Gorillaz

Rockstar has transcended the industry especially in budget. They put 266 million in development and marketing. There is a lot of shit they can pull off that most devs and pubs can't do because of money.

Watch Dogs will do fine and play fine for its budget. That's all that matters for Ubi.

Slayven

Aint nobody fucking with him. He walked around for 49 episodes quoting his grandma and did him. Whatever was convenient for him, he just did it. Even if in the end he knew what the fuck he was doing from the jump.

When they blew his upgrade up, nigga just reached out his hand and said "bitch please" and it broke time and came back to him.

Imm0rt4l

Just watched the 1st episode of Attack on Titan. i dont usually watch anime but yall got me curious.

Honestly, it's still a shonen trope fest, with episodes that spend a lot of time doing virtually nothing, usually everything of course gets good at the ending cliffhanger. It's like getting sucked in the Lost vortex all over again.

Ive heard more people rave about Sleeping Dogs. Is it that good?

Yea, it's pretty fun in it's own right mainly because of the combat. The game doesn't have the sort of anarchy that GTA or Saints has.

When they blew his upgrade up, nigga just reached out his hand and said "bitch please" and it broke time and came back to him.

LOL!

It might be time for another Kabuto marathon. I did one earlier this year but I need to back to the well. If for no other reason than to hear NEXT LEVEL in context.

DY_nasty

Honestly, it's still a shonen trope fest, with episodes that spend a lot of time doing virtually nothing, usually everything of course gets good at the ending cliffhanger. It's like getting sucked in the Lost vortex all over again.

Its not a typical shounen trope fest because there aren't power up montages and training scenarios that go on forever. Yes, it does drag due to pacing - but it doesn't do so in GiTS-esque, monotone snoozefests (Because it does them in over the top manner instead). The Lost vortex doesn't apply because there isn't a fucking polar bear around for no reason. Its cohesive at least.

The pacing is poor in the middle. That's very different from falling into a Naruto filler blackhole and the 'nothing happening' is actually something happening that isn't as fast paced and event oriented as the better parts of the show.
The fighting is fun, but you can see the story from a mile away. And some of the activities get old fast.

Doesn't get old as fast as those bullshit "follow the bad guy and listen to his conversation" missions.

Slayven

LOL!

It might be time for another Kabuto marathon. I did one earlier this year but I need to back to the well. If for no other reason than to hear NEXT LEVEL in context.

If they do a Flash series they just need to copy Clockup. But I think Kabuto pretty much ruined superspeed for Toku cause they did it so badass.

Can't fuck with DBZ. The most I've watched up to was the end of Cell. But I can get with Yu Yu Hakusho, one piece, and Guerran Lagaan.

And High School of the Dead because I'm fucking free when it comes to zombie shit.

I liked HOTD.

Outlaw Star is probably my favorite that will never see a sequel. Also liked Trigun, Gundam Wing, OG Gundam, DBZ, and a few others.

Never felt Big O.

Imm0rt4l

Its not a typical shounen trope fest because there aren't power up montages and training scenarios that go on forever. Yes, it does drag due to pacing - but it doesn't do so in GiTS-esque, monotone snoozefests (Because it does them in over the top manner instead). The Lost vortex doesn't apply because there isn't a fucking polar bear around for no reason. Its cohesive at least.

The pacing is poor in the middle. That's very different from falling into a Naruto filler blackhole and the 'nothing happening' is actually something happening that isn't as fast paced and event oriented as the better parts of the show.

Doesn't get old as fast as those bullshit "follow the bad guy and listen to his conversation" missions.

Character archetypes are pure shonen

Lost comparison was only due to Lost sucking you in with cliffhangers, so the audience often didn't let the episodes stand on their own and looked forward to what would happen on the next episode. Not necessarily a bad thing,but yea I agree Lost didn't know what the hell it was doing.

Top Bottom