• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Character archetypes are pure shonen

Lost comparison was only due to Lost sucking you in with cliffhangers, so the audience often didn't let the episodes stand on their own and looked forward to what would happen on the next episode. Not necessarily a bad thing,but yea I agree Lost didn't know what the hell it was doing.

Archetypes and common personalities is not what makes shonen shonen though. Its got a squad, yeah, but its not very much like the typical stuff out when it comes main character powering through all odds with the power of friendship or something. Maybe the power of PTSD here, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. The fanservice is also pretty low on the scale as well.

Also, Lost fucking sucked and everyone who watched it over Battlestar Gallactica has a 99% chance of being a lame inside and out.

Imm0rt4l

Archetypes and common personalities is not what makes shonen shonen though. Its got a squad, yeah, but its not very much like the typical stuff out when it comes main character powering through all odds with the power of friendship or something. Maybe the power of PTSD here, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. The fanservice is also pretty low on the scale as well.

Also, Lost fucking sucked and everyone who watched it over Battlestar Gallactica has a 99% chance of being a lame inside and out.

It's definitely one of the distinguishing characteristics. Shonen is just the age group, and these kind of characters appeal to that specific demographic. To be fair it's not always so black and white, Evangelion can be categorized on an episode to episode basis. Eva can be either shonen/seinen/yaoi and another depending on the episode. Whereas Monster is purely seinen.

And yes, Battlestar Galactica>>>Lost, even though I wasn't totally happy with where the series went, it shits on Lost. Even the best of Lost is made bad retroactively by the entire end game of the series. Lost had some great fucking highs though, episodes like 'the constant'.

Fuck yall lost haters!

BSG>>>Lost

Anyway I hate spending money. Whenever I make a big purchase I always seem to follow it up with another one, yet can go on being frugal the rest of my time. I just bought some wirless digital headphones that are only available in Japan......

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If they do a Flash series they just need to copy Clockup. But I think Kabuto pretty much ruined superspeed for Toku cause they did it so badass.

thats why they sit his ass in the back during crossovers. cant outdo newer riders.

You heathens need some Fourze in your lives.

I was wondering who he was when I was playing Battride. He just riding around on a rocket not giving 2 shits. I might have to catch up on that series.

my dudes. that article pretty much determines what i care about with capes in general. i like highly moral dudes and ladies doing awesome things rather than the new grimdark edgy outlook that people seem to think makes stories "deeper". you can do stories that have meaning without doing it that way

That looks kinda like Masked Rider

it is. or more like masked rider is the adaptation of kamen rider black rx, a prequel to fourze

dCXFiqPl.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
my favorite anime was the first 2/3 of Yu Yu Hakusho

The last 3 episodes were pretty fucking dope though. And the one-liner at the start to the last fight was classic.

"Can't end a good party without somebody on the floor"

Goddamn right.... goddamn right

Form an objective point of view (Watch Dogs ain't my project), it is a superior game to Sleeping Dogs.

I generally make a rule not to bother People who work for Devs with questions because.. well, that shit's gotta be annoying "off hours," but I find myself compelled to ask...

Is the above quote Story, Gameplay, or Both?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
In it's current state where would AC:4 fit in there?

I'd rather not say. Not because i'm not confident in the game, but rather, its a lot tougher to be unbiased about AC4 right now as we are knee deep in it. And one thing i won't do in this thread is give you all that marketing jargon and buzzwords.

I generally make a rule not to bother People who work for Devs with questions because.. well, that shit's gotta be annoying "off hours," but I find myself compelled to ask...

Is the above quote Story, Gameplay, or Both?

Both...in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed Sleeping Dogs for what it was. I even reviewed it back in the day. But Watch Dogs is just....more.

Satch

Banned
that video made me sick

i hate watching people crash and burn like that because the second hand embarrassment just makes me physically ill

that video made me sick

i hate watching people crash and burn like that because the second hand embarrassment just makes me physically ill

I know the feeling. I hate watching Botchamania or the Office and stuff like that, I just can't help emphasizing with them and I cringe so goddamn hard. #Icant

Top Bottom