• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Look at it like basketball jerseys...

When a black guy wears it, he's probably heavily into 'urban culture' and maybe in a gang

When a white guy wears it, he's a fan

Fucking eloquently put.

I finally figured out why the Reps are going so hard, other than hating blacks and poor people. They don't want Obama to have a legacy.

Fucking this right here.

You underestimate the stupidity of the average American citizen.

Nah not that I just hope that people would be better. And as usual I'm sorely and humorously disappointed.

And tomorrow will be the end of an era.

I'm selling my first car. My 95 Honda Civic DX.

*sniff*

harSon

Banned
Ya'll are too strong with the hate. Half-Life games are great. Half Life 2 and its subsequent episodes made me physically sick due to motion sickness, causing an awful headache and nausea, and they're still some of my favorite games of all time.

FyreWulff

I beat Half Life 2 on the original Xbox (what a strange one-off port) without my stick scheme (Legacy)

It was fun, but I have no urge to replay it

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The Half Life series damn near created the numbers a lot of these shooters are painted by. Yall be smoking that good shit.

Ya'll are too strong with the hate. Half-Life games are great. Half Life 2 and its subsequent episodes made me physically sick due to motion sickness, causing an awful headache and nausea, and they're still some of my favorite games of all time.

I'm in the same boat. That change in FOV crushed my spirits, but I weathered the storm.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Half-Life 1 & 2 deserve respect. HL3? Count me in the corner of being sick of the dumb conspiracies and rumors. I'm out until we hear something real.

Satch

Banned
its a game about a STEM nerd that shoots aliens to save the world and gets a girl to fall in love with him without ever having to talk to her

what's not to get

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'd rather see Freespace 3 tbh.
its a game about a STEM nerd that shoots aliens to save the world and gets a girl to fall in love with him without ever having to talk to her

what's not to get
When you put it that way...

G-Fex

what's not to get

Doesn't link get all sorts of women without even talking to them? And he's a elf boy.

Slayven

Alex does come off as crazy when you think about it. Dude doesn't say a word and never changes clothes and she is ready to bend over.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Give me Starcraft: Ghost. Oni 2. System Shock 3.

HL3 doesn't get me hype like it should.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
same boat as well .

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

what's not to get
I take back almost every bad thing I've ever thought about you, for this post alone.

Kee-rist

Slayven

Plz. Plenty of people on this very site rank them crazy high. Check the receipts bruh.

If you want to go there, nobody says shit about Unreal singleplayer either. So....

Theres your point. Same people that claim to be atheist but ready to be touched by the priest of the church of Steam.

Slayven

don't tell me you're stannin that shit.

I just remember that game having one of the worst endings I've ever seen. That and past the first 3 levels, the game becomes boring as fuck.

I rather eat sugar grits then do that Airboat sequence again.

While we throwing shades. Gravity looks like the first 35 minutes of great FX, and then an hour of boring bullshit.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Its pretty much universally agreed that the airboat level sucks because of the controls.

Also I'm not going to defend the plot in regards to "Freeman = STEM nerd who gets girl" because I don't care about those aspects and those aren't what makes the games great. But it was a good jab, I give you that Satch.

It's all the secrets and intricacies of both half life games as far as the in-universe canon goes that I really enjoyed. But yeah if you don't like dystopian future science fiction then it probably isn't the plot for you.

But the gameplay absolutely was a game changer for the times not only in terms of how well executed the platforming and puzzle elements were implemented into a first person shooter but also (most notably in half life 2) one of the first and most jaw-dropping physics based design in the game engine that really created an immersive feel.

Maybe a lot of the present day hype can boil down to "nerd sci-fi nostalgia" but I'll always respect the elements that continue to impress me to this day when I replay the games and the multitude of mods that continue to give the original and sequel new life.

This Evilore thread...yo...
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom