• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

It's a shame I was lurking the net for just the right gif and this one lead me to the BGAF OT2 thread.

2436622_o.gif

Ya'll threading your blackness across the internet and shit lol.

Really sorry to hear Angelus.

I fear the same thing will happen to my grandma soon since I found out she has cancer about a month ago. It's really tough.

My crazy alcoholic uncle just got out of jail for doing something really stupid. He's lived with my grandma all his life, can't keep a job for more than a month because he always quits because he doesn't like the people or gets obsessed with any female that works there. All he does is call family members and ask for money and cigarettes. 3AM on a school night and this dude calling my house asking for money. Smh. He's not allowed to live at my grandmas place anymore because of what went down there. So he expects my Mom to drop off money to him when he needs it. Or he calls my grandma who has really bad dementia, takes her out and just makes her spend lots of money on him while she doesn't really understand whats happening or why.. Really aggravating.

I'm there with you Angelus. Gotta stay strong.

FreeMufasa

It's a shame I was lurking the net for just the right gif and this one lead me to the BGAF OT2 thread.

2436622_o.gif

Ya'll threading your blackness across the internet and shit lol.

Lol.

That gif cuts the best part. The 'money, money, yeah yeah" dance.

Are cryme Tyme still in the wwe?

BHZ Mayor

Sry for your loss AE

That Ps4 second screen thread will be a graveyard when bish wakes up.

I just found that thread. It's as if people just forgot about the shit Sony got last gen. Being made fun of for costing $600, having no games, 4D, giant enemy crab, looking like a grill, the demon baby commercial, losing exclusives which led to the classic 'shot themselves in the foot' post, getting late, and often worse ports, including the infamous Bayonetta port. It was tough being a PS3 owner the first half of the generation. And let's not forget the seething vitriol they got for the hack which was just a couple years ago. The only thing I'd say they aren't getting enough flack for is putting multiplayer behind Plus.

Nakazato

I just found that thread. It's as if people just forgot about the shit Sony got last gen. Being made fun of for costing $600, having no games, 4D, giant enemy crab, looking like a grill, the demon baby commercial, losing exclusives which led to the classic 'shot themselves in the foot' post, getting late, and often worse ports, including the infamous Bayonetta port. It was tough being a PS3 owner the first half of the generation. And let's not forget the seething vitriol they got for the hack which was just a couple years ago. The only thing I'd say they aren't getting enough flack for is putting multiplayer behind Plus.

yea they need to take a lot of heat for that but if it make psn more stable/more feature rich I feel a lil better bout paying for it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Owning neither machine, I'd take the WiiU's game library over Vita's at this point.

That isn't saying much, but still.

Wii U doesn't have a library, it has a selection. Using the word library would insinuate that it has a myriad of titles to choose from.

Why is GTA Online create a character so awkward? I see what they were trying for but they failed.

I'm more bugging out as to why all the black females look like some really fucked up 1950s cartoon caricature no matter what you do. I tried to make a black dude and dude looked like a a heroin addict no matter what.

Appreciate the words everyone, what makes it more painful is...my birthday is tomorrow. :(

My condolences bro. Stay up.....and I know Unc isn't helping matters at all. It must be a carolina thing.....It's always that 1 uncle or aunt who just make situations worse by showing just how selfish they truly are....

Keeping you in my prayers bro.

I went through the k-pop thread once to make sure they weren't up to something.

Pages and pages of gifs and pics .....one time was enough to know never to go back.

Slayven

I went through the k-pop thread once to make sure they weren't up to something.

Pages and pages of gifs and pics .....one time was enough to know never to go back.

It pushes computers more than Cryengine.

Happy Hispanic heritage month to Moris aka Contador del diablo and Beef aka Amante de los caballos de.

BlackJace

In particular, I liked the scene with one of the members of a black gang.
(maybe spoilers, I dunno)

The gang member and the cops' mutual respect for each other after the fight was kind of cool to see. They had a code of honor, and the cops respected it; when they could;ve easily just snitched on Trey and gave him life. Wish we would see more of that in the community.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I'm convinced those girls could just go on stage, dance and do karaoke and a lot of those people would continue that thread unfazed.

It's as if their music is secondary to something...

I'm mostly clueless on Far Eastern culture in general. Even more so in gaming. I don't play JRPGs, and don't quite understand why their development has a different set of rules (and passes) to Western dev.

I see the adulation given to Kpop stars as an even more concentrated form of the fanatical support western stars get. Same with bollywood i guess.

I'm slow when it comes to TV since I don't have cable TV. But I just saw this Big Brother 15 racist segment. Man...so many words, I can't quite formulate how the entire thing made me feel. Just a quick sum up

1. Candice is beautiful as hell
2. Howie is an amazing dude, he played the MLK to Candace's more Malcolm X approach to how they wanted to handle the situation.
3. Dude's speech about dropping everything to help her over anyone else in that house because when he sees her cry he sees his mom crying. Got me in the feels.
4. Shit like this is the reason I don't watch TV.
5. People talking about the racists are ultimately victims kill me.

Just ordered Disgaea 3 and 4. feels good.

Good shit. Three was solid haven't fuck with 4 yet. There are so many exclusives that you can snatch up on psn that are really good.

Overall the series is consistent and overall solid. If you never dived in they are fairly cheap and worth it.

^the biggest takeaway from that tho was the fact big brother is still a thing

Big Brother FIFTEEN!?

you're shitting me

Shit that too, I didn't know there had been 14 previous seasons. I vaguely knew what Big Brother was, and that's only because of the whole "big brother is watching" meme and Chappelle Show.

Hell the only reason I even found out was because I stumbled Candice randomly and via google links it veered towards something about her being Miss Louisiana, then that lead to a some Oprah stuff about her meeting her mom, then that lead facing racism on Big Brother 15, that lead to Julie Chen rippin the fuck outta one of those racists chicks....which ultimately led to my deciding to continue not having cable TV. I mean the shit they said on that show....her and the dude Howard are amazing people to keep their cool and endure even half the shit that was thrown at them.

Top Bottom