• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

You guys know AnnaSophia Robb? She was in "Race to Witch Mountain" with The Rock? Did she always have dat...

402446d1378655914-1378651406034.jpg

i needs me a milf fuck buddy

Don't fuck with craigslist for sex.....

That shit is too much bad buisness. Hit up spots that milfs frequent. Gyms, grocery stores, malls, etc. And its all about approach come off thirsty and you already lost. Come off as cocky, you will go out like goose. But come with confidence and honesty and you can pull anything. Worst they can do is decline.

harSon

Banned
Looks like I'm gonna have to watch Kill la Kill when nobody is looking. I can't explain that shit to someone... why Japan.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I got a job offer today.

Its not in the US. Come on, Army - I still want to love you. Just tell me you can make this work.

Imm0rt4l

And Scandal. Don't forget Scandal

I voiced my opinion on it last week and nearly had my soul Shang Tsung'd by a group of women on Facebook
My mom loves this show. It seems so melodramatic/soap opera esque. She has terrible taste in movies and TV. She finally stopped watching Xena warrior princess reruns. I wouldn't bother with the show.

House of Cards on the other hand

Gorillaz

The Game's show is so jarring. Like come on dude you know your ass don't look right doing a VH1 reality show

TI kinda did it right but it's weird seeing him too

Gorillaz

Flavor of Love was such a train wreck you couldn't avoid it.

Remember that Delicious chick? Her ass had it's own gravitational force. It was like a new planet

RedSwirl

Actually, Rio, what job search techniques is your GF going through right now?

I've basically given up on the standard application process unless I'm either 120% qualified for the position and/or I know someone there. I still can't get through that whole "3-5 years of experience required" bullshit. Even if I get into the interview room, questions about experience in that specific area of employment are always what kill me.

Right now I'm just bouncing around between freelance and part time like I've been doing for the past five years. How fucked am I if I'm almost 30 and never actually found full-time? Contract-by-contract writing is starting to pick up but at a glacial pace. I like it a lot but fear the income will always be too slow for me to really be able to do anything, even if it picks up further.

Appreciate the words everyone, what makes it more painful is...my birthday is tomorrow. :(

Damn. Sorry about that. And happy birthday since I'm posting this at midnight.

Lost both my grandmothers on both sides quite a while ago, and while we had arguments over who did what with finances, fortunately nothing like what you described came up. I mean, a couple people in my family have been FAR more successful than everybody else, to the point where the rest of the family relies on them to an extent, but everybody involved at least tries. The few grown people who can't live on their own right now are that way because they ran into some devastating shit decades ago that they just never recovered from.

Actually, Rio, what job search techniques is your GF going through right now?

I've basically given up on the standard application process unless I'm either 120% qualified for the position and/or I know someone there. I still can't get through that whole "3-5 years of experience required" bullshit. Even if I get into the interview room, questions about experience in that specific area of employment are always what kill me.

Right now I'm just bouncing around between freelance and part time like I've been doing for the past five years. How fucked am I if I'm almost 30 and never actually found full-time? Contract-by-contract writing is starting to pick up but at a glacial pace. I like it a lot but fear the income will always be too slow for me to really be able to do anything, even if it picks up further.

She has been hitting up indeed.com. Also she has reached out to various nursing recruiters. Now here is how it is working for her, in the medical game there is such a need for nurses so damn bad, that just recruiting is prospering. There are situations where for a 6 mos basis, some nurses have been contracted and then rolled to another spot and work. Travel nursing is prolific.

But to the original question indeed.com has been amazing. Keep that resume on a flash drive or ipad in various formats and be ready at a moments notice to email at any given time. That shit has worked for us.

Top Bottom