• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

RedSwirl

That's a struggle origin story if I ever saw one.

AnimatedRorschach.gif

RedSwirl

Gabe has to be rich as fuck with the way they handle steam

He is. He was a Microsoft executive before founding Valve. It's the kind of corporate generosity that you can really only get from someone who's already rich as fuck and happens to be benevolent too.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
satch wants to meet that motherfucker somewhere lol

i need a link

http://leseanthomas.tumblr.com/post/55220703642/wonder-woman-animated-short-teaser-by-robert

omfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuhihbjndnnndndndndndndnznzzzuihbjnzjjnnnn

you'll take your 100th animated batman show, and you'll like it ma'am.( seriously, why the fuck wont dc take chances on other characters for animated series?)

FyreWulff

First Steam sale where i've had a notable amount of spare money

Someone in here is getting Euro Truck Simulator'd

first to quote gets Bastion
or everyone already has bastion

Deprive

And Summer Glau is gonna be on Arrow.
Well it had a good run.

Well that's it for Arrow. Damn if she don't stay killing shows:|

All DC has anymore really is Batman. They don't care to build up any of their other characters. Hell I would have watched a Amethyst show if they would have made one :|

HomShaBom

Banned
So I'm cruisin the streets in this truck, im broke as fuck so I had borrow
0rb5X65.jpg

I reach my destination and it's time to back into the delivery spot.
v1fP0jq.jpg

It was difficult.

I begin to get my shit together
lHLCzOA.jpg

I pull in thinking I'm good to go, nope, they went my shit parked straight. Had to pull out and do it again.
g7OC89G.jpg

I'm rewarded with some bullshit.
V744JwF.jpg

RedSwirl

Woah $20 for a cut? I pay $12 here and when I got to DC and niggas was charging $20 I was like fuck that and just let my hair grow out.

Now you know why I'm waiting till AFTER I find full time work/enough freelance work to start the routine of getting a skin fade every two weeks.

DominoKid

i need a link

you'll take your 100th animated batman show, and you'll like it ma'am.( seriously, why the fuck wont dc take chances on other characters for animated series?)

if you build it they won't watch it.

although after BATB i'd be down for a show of Aquaman's Great Tales of Heroic Adventures or some shit like that.

FyreWulff

So I'm cruisin the streets in this truck, im broke as fuck so I had borrow
0rb5X65.jpg

I reach my destination and it's time to back into the delivery spot.
v1fP0jq.jpg

It was difficult.

I begin to get my shit together
lHLCzOA.jpg

I pull in thinking I'm good to go, nope, they went my shit parked straight. Had to pull out and do it again.
g7OC89G.jpg

I'm rewarded with some bullshit.
V744JwF.jpg

goty

ReiGun

http://leseanthomas.tumblr.com/post/55220703642/wonder-woman-animated-short-teaser-by-robert

omfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuhihbjndnnndndndndndndnznzzzuihbjnzjjnnnn
See DC? Now take this, and make a 24 minute version.

"Cause kids only like Batman!...I mean, we never use any of the other ones...But only Batman!"

Meanwhile, Marvel is about to make the fucking Guardians of the Galaxy comic book superstars.

Parallax

"Cause kids only like Batman!...I mean, we never use any of the other ones...But only Batman!"

Meanwhile, Marvel is about to make the fucking Guardians of the Galaxy comic book superstars.

thats real sad. kids wont know until they experience it. we both know people are trying to act like iron man and thor were always poppin, but that shit isnt true. re-air legion of super heroes, give wondy her own show. give the thunder family their own show.do a justice society show. do something new. seeing batman show #23 bothers me. not because its the same ol shit, but because theres more out there

ReiGun

thats real sad. kids wont know until they experience it. we both know people are trying to act like iron man and thor were always poppin, but that shit isnt true. re-air legion of super heroes, give wondy her own show. give the thunder family their own show.do a justice society show. do something new. seeing batman show #23 bothers me. not because its the same ol shit, but because theres more out there
Exactly. Even if they couldn't bare to tear themselves away from Batman, they could have done something about Nightwing or Batgirl or something.

All this said, though, the network apparently hates the show and is planning to just burn it off. I guess they'll be coming out with a new Superman joint.

so i was reading this Michael B. Jordan interview on Fruitvale Station and...
You mentioned "The Wire." But I feel that, movie-wise, "Chronicle" had a lot to do with this -- that movie did a lot better than it was supposed to do.
Oh, definitely.

Was that when you noticed things were changing?
Yeah, especially because that role wasn't written for me. The character's name was Steve Kosinski -- it was a Jewish kid at first. So, for me personally, I've always wanted to break down barriers, you know? And the lack there of of quality roles for African-American actors, I look for stuff like that. I want the script that Ben Affleck or Leonardo DiCaprio couldn't do because of scheduling. I want that one. I want those types of roles. And "Chronicle" for me personally was a high for me because they took a chance and they changed it -- it could have been anybody.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/michael-b-jordan-fruitvale-station_n_3570502.html

chronicle sucked ass but yeah i like what he's saying. black actors should be able to grab the "joe whatever" roles instead of just ethnically required ones.

i'm rooting for that kid from attack the block to get more roles. i hope it happens.

i've noticed this is pretty apparent in many british tv shows though. i see plenty of black or east indian people and they're not playing to a stereotype.

it was a cool concept but i'm not really into those camcorder/found footage films anymore. it would have probably blown my mind in 05-06 tho

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
See DC? Now take this, and make a 24 minute version.

DC sort of sucks right now across the board while marvels seems to energized and going through a bit of a high point in overall quality.

DC sort of sucks right now across the board while marvels seems to energized and going through a bit of a high point in overall quality.

I know one of the chief complaints about Injustice was the fact that it was virtually Batman family the fighting game with cameos from other DC heroes and villains. The thing is I look at the big 2 and I see the potential for franchises to grow if they just give them a nudge be that animated or etc. Just look at the popularity of some of the Marvel Characters due to the versus franchise from Capcom. Comic fans knew of Taskmaster but a lot of people know of him now. And dont get me started on Deadpool. That joker is gonna blow up. And fucking Guardians of the Galaxy. So good. DC has enough heroes in there stable to make some cool shit thats not Bat related. Green Lantern should be way bigger then he is.

I yearn for the days when people took risk. Especially with comic and comic-like franchises. Stuff like Defenders of DynaTron City, Dinosaucers, Savage Dragon animated, Big Guy and Rusty the boy Robot(one of my personal faves). Hell as bad as it was even Ultraforce. And Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad.

And on a prior note...

Groot should have been in UMvC3 as Rockets Lvl 3.

EDIT: And I watched the new Avengers cartoon. They had the fucking Space Phantoms. At least they trying. Even though Falcon is token black character to bring in diversity.

Zeus Molecules

I know one of the chief complaints about Injustice was the fact that it was virtually Batman family the fighting game with cameos from other DC heroes and villains. The thing is I look at the big 2 and I see the potential for franchises to grow if they just give them a nudge be that animated or etc. Just look at the popularity of some of the Marvel Characters due to the versus franchise from Capcom. Comic fans knew of Taskmaster but a lot of people know of him now. And dont get me started on Deadpool. That joker is gonna blow up. And fucking Guardians of the Galaxy. So good. DC has enough heroes in there stable to make some cool shit thats not Bat related. Green Lantern should be way bigger then he is.

I yearn for the days when people took risk. Especially with comic and comic-like franchises. Stuff like Defenders of DynaTron City, Dinosaucers, Savage Dragon animated, Big Guy and Rusty the boy Robot(one of my personal faves). Hell as bad as it was even Ultraforce. And Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad.

And on a prior note...

EDIT: And I watched the new Avengers cartoon. They had the fucking Space Phantoms. At least they trying. Even though Falcon is token black character to bring in diversity.

I agree with you 100% DC should be doing better but who knows. Also this new avengers cartoon is on my no watch list just because why even cancel the last one? Emh avengers was soooo good... Smh fuck loeb

Parallax

And on a prior note...

i loved dynosaucers back in the day. same with superhuman samurai(even if the toys were hot garbage.) and as far as marvel is concerned, we'll never see the ultraverse ever again.

i think the reason marvel takes the chances they do is because for the most part they have nothing to lose. they had an avengers series with antman as the leader with very little sign of cap, thor or tony. hulk had his own cartoon with she hulk showing up( and ruining it) the fantastic four and iron man had their own shit, the xmen and spiderman have had a few going down the line, and even the surfer has had a series. its a loose play system, and only a handful are even good, but the names are out there, DC is more conservative with their series, creating a universal line out of superman and the batman cartoons, and having the proper writing to back up those characters. but they only go so far. why not take a risk on zatanna? or a constantine? or an atom? and that becomes apparent when it comes to their media presence outside of comics.

also. falcon is a clown. id rather any black hero over his bum ass.

Zeus Molecules

Apparently marvel makes it seem like its the royalty share of the characters..... Knowing marvel it likely is. But dammit they got Disney money just buy the characters clean.

You know what? I actually don't hate Falcon as much in Hickman's Avengers. I mean, he still hasn't done jack shit of any real worth, but he hasn't been terrible. Counts for something. And I like his banter with Cap.

rugioh

Banned
Any of you guys got any good remedies for getting rid of a cough within a day? I've been sipping DayQuil syrup like a motherfucker for 2 days and no luck... my girl prolly thinks I'm ducking her to play FFXIV online (I swear I'm not!)

Any of you guys got any good remedies for getting rid of a cough within a day? I've been sipping DayQuil syrup like a motherfucker for 2 days and no luck... my girl prolly thinks I'm ducking her to play FFXIV online (I swear I'm not!)

Um... I can help you with congestion?

Basically a bunch of things that help get rid of mucus - hot shower, hot tea, eat fruit - and cough drops. All of those things put together have helped me plenty of times.

Nakazato

Dont lie bro we all know you are lol

Nightquil dosen't all was help with a cough.

And who are you on 14? I haven't been on since phase 2

EDIT: Idris Elba to play Mandela. We know what we must do if we want a Black Panther movie.

rugioh

Banned
Dont lie bro we all know you are lol

Nightquil dosen't all was help with a cough.

And who are you on 14? I haven't been on since phase 2

EDIT: Idris Elba to play Mandela. We know what we must do if we want a Black Panther movie.

I made a character on the GAF server Ultros, just got in yesterday. I haven't asked for a guild invite yet but I will soon prolly

Top Bottom