• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You ever been so hungry that when you finally ate it was the best thing you ever had. I just had the BEST damn chicken fingers ever.

And because I didn't have a spoon I used a chicken finger as a spoon to eat my Cole slaw.

#StruggleCivility
They say hunger is the best spice.

still don't make little caesers worth it

They say hunger is the best spice.

still don't make little caesers worth it

My name is Riovane and I approve this message.

Yeah funny you mention one thing comic related and we come out the woodwork. Like I said before we are an extremely motley crew of individuals. its amazing

Yo, Pacific Rim was sooooo animay

but it was damn good, best blockbuster I seen this summer. Invests you in the human characters and their personal struggles, makes you care more about the big robot smashing, and said robot smashing is awesome, coherently filmed and delivered with maximum impact.

but it was damn good, best blockbuster I seen this summer. Invests you in the human characters and their personal struggles, makes you care more about the big robot smashing, and said robot smashing is awesome, coherently filmed and delivered with maximum impact.

Sounds cool hopefully it's not a bomba

...might catch it tonight.

IT here fucking sucks been waiting an hour to get something fixed...I'm just gonna leave and let them figure this out while I'm gone. I once waited 3 days to get my email password reset...no lie.

If it wasn't for my work schedule I would be seeing this a 2200 tonight. But since I worked 2200-0600 and then came back for 1400-2200. So yeah im hurting. but I will see it on sunday at 1330 before I go to work. Cannot wait. So don't spoil shit Family.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I keep refreshing to see if Hom's truck co. is ever gonna get off the ground

HomShaBom

Banned
I keep refreshing to see if Hom's truck co. is ever gonna get off the ground
Let me tell you, I woke up at like 7 this morning so I could hit the road. I'm balling as fuck right now.
Pj2XSTG.png

j/k. That shit belongs to these fucking banks. My dumbass took out 500k in loans and these fuckers take like 75% of my earnings. I'm just trying to deliver some coal and xboxs to people in need. So between these loans and all my speeding tickets (forreal) and repair bills I stay broke.
5LbsyF6.png

With my loan money I bought another cheap ass truck and hired some lameass to drive it. I thought this fool would atleast be pulling in a couple thousand per run, nope, this clown brings me back a few hundred bucks at the most.
7MFEoTZ.png

The streets are cruel. Folks always trying to cut me off and cause accidents and shit, and apparently no one has insurance cause im always paying for shit. So fuck it, these my roads.
kiXSk3y.jpg

Most the profile pics they let me chose from are whack as hell, but I chose the only one who looks too legit to quit.
XDQjMMP.png

Once I hire me some more goons I'm taking over these streets.

Slayven

Let me tell you, I woke up at like 7 this morning so I could hit the road. I'm balling as fuck right now.
Pj2XSTG.png

j/k. That shit belongs to these fucking banks. My dumbass took out 500k in loans and these fuckers take like 75% of my earnings. I'm just trying to deliver some coal and xboxs to people in need. So between these loans and all my speeding tickets (forreal) and repair bills I stay broke.
5LbsyF6.png

With my loan money I bought another cheap ass truck and hired some lameass to drive it. I thought this fool would atleast be pulling in a couple thousand per run, nope, this clown brings me back a few hundred bucks at the most.
7MFEoTZ.png

The streets are cruel. Folks always trying to cut me off and cause accidents and shit, and apparently no one has insurance cause im always paying for shit. So fuck it, these my roads.
kiXSk3y.jpg

Most the profile pics they let me chose from are whack as hell, but I chose the only one who looks too legit to quit.
XDQjMMP.png

Once I hire me some more goons I'm taking over these streets.

Hahah, that shit is cray. Those interest rates are heinous.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Pacific rim is my new mecha movie staple. Other mecha movies from this point have to get on its level. And that includes transformers

Mecha movies have been pretty shit, the bar is not hard to tumble over.

I felt the same way, so I went into the movie with low expectations. But after everything was said and done, I was really happy with what Del Toro and co. were able to do, and what they were able to avoid doing. Parallax is right - the standards for what counts as a good mecha movie have been raised.

man that pic of Trayvon's dead body is some chilling shit.

Whole debacle is some chilling shit.

At least a manslaughter charge is a must, in my opinion. Him getting off scott free would set a catastrophic precedent. It would tell everyone, including the people already looking for an excuse, that killing someone you're suspicious of is okay. All it takes is you being the only person alive to tell the tale.

Robot jox was my pinnacle for western mecha series As whack as it was. This was pretty damn good. But I have to see it in 3d

PR3D> regular. I've seen it twice already. My son went fucking nuts during
at the Hong Kong fight scene. He asked me where was Jackie Chan because "Jackie Chan could have saved all those people.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
PR3D> regular. I've seen it twice already. My son went fucking nuts during
at the Hong Kong fight scene. He asked me where was Jackie Chan because "Jackie Chan could have saved all those people.

You can tell there are scenes tailor made for 3d. I know that its gonna be insane. A friend of mine is trying to see it in dbox

Gorillaz

Pacific rim made me feel like a kid again watching those fights. Shit had a lot of cliche moment but that's what made it have even more charm.

harSon

Banned
It was a hair above average IMO. I enjoyed it but I'm not nearly as attached to the areas the film pays homage to as a lot of other people are. The script was mediocre, which was disappointing considering it's the same screenwriter behind the fantastic unproduced script Killing on Carnival Row. Honestly, everything but the action scenes was forgettable, and I fail to see how anyone could give a shit about the characters. I'm actually surprised that the action ended up being the film's strongest point, since IMO, Del Toro's films are typically strong in their script, design and cinematography, and lacking in cohesive and legible action. The acting was a tad bit too overstated, partially due to the horrendous dialog. I found the first 20 or so minutes to be the best part of the film, but unfortunately, the filmmakers weren't able to maintain that duration's quality for long.

I found it to be the very definition of a mindless action film, and while that's a perfectly legitimate field of cinema to embody, the comparisons to Michael Bay aren't exactly unwarranted. I left the theater somewhat entertained, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't thoroughly invested within the film's inspirations.

RedSwirl

I felt the same way, so I went into the movie with low expectations. But after everything was said and done, I was really happy with what Del Toro and co. were able to do, and what they were able to avoid doing. Parallax is right - the standards for what counts as a good mecha movie have been raised.

In my mind the golden standard (haven't seen Rim) for mecha in Western cinema is still Empire Strikes Back. It's just not that well-explored as a concept.

Top Bottom