• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

Nice enjoy the addiction

yep but

Wonder woman >>>>>> Ms.Marvel

Batman <<<<< Black Panther

Cap = Supes

JL <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Avengers
Are you ill? Ms.Marvel has petabytes more character and personalty than Wonder Woman. Same with Cap, Cap is all heart, Superman could learn

Satch

Banned
Are you ill? Ms.Marvel has petabytes more character and personalty than Wonder Woman.

DIE BITCH NOBODY FUCKING LIKES YOU THATS WHY EVERY GIRL YOU EVER TRY TO COME FOR ON NEOGAF IGNORES YOU YOU FUCKING DUMB PIECE OF SHIT JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR MISERABLE LIFE HOLY SHIT YOU ARE THE BLACK GAF JESTER AND THATS ALL YOU WILL EVER BE AND YOULL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING ELSE YOU FUCKING CLOWN

DONT

GET

UP

Slayven

DIE BITCH NOBODY FUCKING LIKES YOU THATS WHY EVERY GIRL YOU EVER TRY TO COME FOR ON NEOGAF IGNORES YOU YOU FUCKING DUMB PIECE OF SHIT JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR MISERABLE LIFE HOLY SHIT YOU ARE THE BLACK GAF JESTER AND THATS ALL YOU WILL EVER BE AND YOULL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING ELSE YOU FUCKING CLOWN

DONT

GET

UP
You mad?

DONT

GET

UP

Jesus

WE'RE GOING TO BE OPPRESSED FOREVER AND ITS GOING TO BE SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF YOU SLAYVEN

Christ

I cannot

Nakazato

DONT

GET

UP

WE'RE GOING TO BE OPPRESSED FOREVER AND ITS GOING TO BE SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF YOU SLAYVEN
Wonder Woman Just bodied Doom

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
As a kid it was upsetting when mom and dad would scream and fight but in the BCT I can't get enough.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
i6nyX0BKPim3h.gif

I love waking up to shit like this. This just made my day.

What's bad is the minute I read that WW and Ms Marvel comment before I scrolled down I knew it was coming. Its like those in laws you know gonna say some shit and the record stops in a movie and shit just get quiet.

In comic book discussions the only winner is the fans.

*runs away with his Steve Mcniven Marvel shirt on*

Deprive

Marvel needs to stop pushing Ms.Marvel. When your most well known story is about a baby who is your son that you end up sexing, then you know the character will never be more than shit :|

They should push Photon instead.

Slayven

Marvel needs to stop pushing Ms.Marvel. When your most well known story is about a baby who is your son that you end up sexing, then you know the character will never be more than shit :|

They can push both. DC on the other hand needs to admit the lost cause of Wonder Woman and push powergirl or Troia.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
They can push both. DC on the other hand needs to admit the lost cause of Wonder Woman and push powergirl or Troia.
Satch bait aside, I feel like DC hasn't really even given Wonder Woman a chance at a wider audience or mass appeal. Hopefully stuff like that animated short show they are at least considering it more than before.

Deprive

They can, but I think it's a waste. Characters like Ms.Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman are not their own characters. They need someone with their own identity.

lol Wonder Woman is not a lost cause man. And Donna Troy don't exist no mo. Not like any of that matters, DC is not going to get there shit together as a whole anytime soon :|

Slayven

Satch bait aside, I feel like DC hasn't really even given Wonder Woman a chance at a wider audience or mass appeal. Hopefully stuff like that animated short show they are at least considering it more than before.

They gave him damn near 80 years. The best Wonder Woman was80's 90's Wonder Woman. When she had a good supporting cast and actually helped out in charities and shit.

DONT

GET

UP

8au1jvU.jpg

Yikes!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Stupid storylines doesn't mean a character should be shit canned. By that measure Spidey and daredevil should stop being pushed

They can, but I think it's a waste. Characters like Ms.Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman are not their own characters. They need someone with their own identity.

lol Wonder Woman is not a lost cause man. And Donna Troy don't exist no mo. Not like any of that matters, DC is not going to get there shit together as a whole anytime soon :|

In all honesty I think Wonder Woman can make it today. If we look at the characters history and the attempts made over the years it shouldn't be a problem for a female superhero to have mass appeal. Hell the late 70's early 80's Lynda Carter(*homer looking at a donut with tongue out noise*) showed that she could have mass appeal. Im glad they went in the serious direction with her and not the campy direction they originally had planned like the Adam West Batman. And if you haven't seen the original Late 60's early 70's WW then you missing out on the funniest shit ever. Fast forward to the extremely solid Wonder Woman animated movie that came out recently. Solid pacing good story, good VA and it was touted as pretty damn good. But then DC got an L when they tried to make that god awful Live Action WW television show recently.

Plainly put she is part of the big 3 of the DC universe. She is the HBIC at DC and for some fucking crazed reason they wont put the time and effort into a character that can have mass appeal. At the end of the day they need to pick up their pants and throw the money necessary to pull in the big names to get her off the ground. Is she a risk? Yes slightly but lets be honest its a calculated risk with solid reward. And this is coming from a Marvel fanatic(Excelsior 4 Life) and WW lover(looks at Wonder woman boxsets on shelf).

DC stopped taking risk. And that's the issue that needs to be rectified.

EDIT: Please please please don't let me light into Batman. He definitely isn't the best DC has. Far from it.

Deprive

Stupid storylines doesn't mean a character should be shit canned. By that measure Spidey and daredevil should stop being pushed

I don't mean shit canned, I just mean not pushed. Let the character be a background character. Yeah OMD was shit, but some really awesome stories have come out of that. So Spidey and Daredevil have really great stories to balance out the shit. Ms Marvel does not :|

ReiGun

Supes > Bats. I love the Batman, but come on.

Nightwing also > Batman. The student surpassed the master long ago, far as I'm concerned.

Wonder woman >>>>>> Ms.Marvel

Batman <<<<< Black Panther

Cap = Supes

JL >> Avengers
Fixed that for me. I love the Avengers, but the Justice League is what I grew up with damn it. I'll always love them more.

Marvel >>>>>>> DC as a company, but on a character/story level, they're the about the same for me. Both have about equal amounts of shit I like and hate.

DONT

GET

UP

Great Rao...

DC is just never satisfied when it comes to Wonder Woman. Every time they do give her a chance - the Linda Carter show, her in the DCAU, the animated movie - audiences generally respond well and like her. But the results are never "good enough" so they always feel like they gotta change shit.

Slay's WW hate aside, I do agree she was at her best back in the 80's as far as comics go. I'm reading the George Perez run now, this is version of the character would be perfect to use in film and television. Her being an activist while fighting gods and shit is what the character is supposed to be doing.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't mean shit canned, I just mean not pushed. Let the character be a background character. Yeah OMD was shit, but some really awesome stories have come out of that. So Spidey and Daredevil have really great stories to balance out the shit. Ms Marvel does not :|
I hear you. I sympathize with the fact that something had to be done to reset the canon what with Civil War revealing his identity which was stupid for anything but a one-off. And I agree they were able to come back from it, just felt it was definitely a low point for Spidey as a whole.

Deprive

I hear you. I sympathize with the fact that something had to be done to reset the canon what with Civil War revealing his identity which was stupid for anything but a one-off. And I agree they were able to come back from it, just felt it was definitely a low point for Spidey as a whole.

No doubt it was a low point. Marvel wanting those headlines but not delivering a story that was good :/

Damn... Civil War sucked :\

Slay's WW hate aside, I do agree she was at her best back in the 80's as far as comics go. I'm reading the George Perez run now, this is version of the character would be perfect to use in film and television. Her being an activist while fighting gods and shit is what the character is supposed to be doing.

Agree absolutely. Love George Perez. Personally I think the only cat ever to draw Wanda correctly. Did the Teen Titans solid too. And the Avengers....

George Perez is the shit.

And fuck OMD. That shit was a fuck up of monumental proportions. Damn Quesada and his hatred for Mary Jane.

I aint gonna lie I was a huge fan of the Iron Spider...... so much potential. And I will say that MVP and the Scarlet Spiders were the jam in the Initiative. So much potential.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

doesnt mean an effort shouldnt be made. even a bum like falcon deserves a chance. maybe mighty avengers will be the turning point for sam, maybe a new plotpoint in the future will turn things around for carol. being in the background does nothing for anyone.

You ever been so hungry that when you finally ate it was the best thing you ever had. I just had the BEST damn chicken fingers ever.

And because I didn't have a spoon I used a chicken finger as a spoon to eat my Cole slaw.

#StruggleCivility

Top Bottom