• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

good shit
Can't believe folks slept on it.

Stephen Baldwin slummin with no shame.

Speaking of LOLTrailers, I keep seeing this shit every time I'm at the movies now. If Markie Mark wasn't here, tell me this wasn't straight-to-DVD tier. I always crack up at the WE CAN BE HEROES part, its like they took Team Police: World America and played it straight

I love all the banter, gives the game a lot of character. I feel similarly about Gears of War 3, another 10 game of the generation for me.
"You can die for your country, I will live for mine"

Had to come into the office today to test some new applicllations to ensure they run for next week. Everyone was told to be here at 10am.

For 20 mins it was just me and a manager. Now its 40 min past the time we're all supposed to be in. It's me, two managers and an IT guy.

We get to leave when eveything's deemed OK. These fucks are ruining my weekend.

Slayven

I see Ja is still doing what he does best, crying. Drake better watch his back.
Drake got them imported tears.

Had to come into the office today to test some new applicllations to ensure they run for next week. Everyone was told to be here at 10am.

For 20 mins it was just me and a manager. Now its 40 min past the time we're all supposed to be in. It's me, two managers and an IT guy.

We get to leave when eveything's deemed OK. These fucks are ruining my weekend.
Moris right now.

milton-office-space.jpg

Slayven

In international "She mad" news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...astics-racist-carlotta-ferlito_n_4074021.html

CHICAGO -- CHICAGO (AP) — USA Gymnastics is asking Italian gymnastics officials for an explanation of the racially charged comments that were aimed at new world all-around champion Simone Biles.

Italy's Carlotta Ferlito apologized Tuesday on Twitter for comments she made at the world championships in Belgium. After fellow Italian Vanessa Ferrari and Ferlito finished fourth and fifth on balance beam — just behind Biles — Ferlito said with a laugh, "I told Vane that next time we'll have our skin black also so we can win, too."

Biles won the all-around title earlier in the week, the first black gymnast to become world champion. At last year's London Games, Gabby Douglas became the first black woman to win the Olympic all-around title.

On Tuesday, Ferlito tweeted, "I want to apologize with the Americans girls. I didn't want to sound rude or racist. I love Simone and I'm a huge fan of USA gymnastics."

She then added, "I've made a mistake, I'm not perfect ... I didn't think about what I was saying. I'm just a human. I'm so so sorry."

In trying to explain Ferlito's remarks, a federation spokesman may have further inflamed the issue. A post on Facebook by "Federazione Ginnastica d'Italia," which links to the federation's page on the social networking site, attributes different athletes' abilities to race.

David Ciaralli, the federation spokesman, acknowledged to the Chicago Tribune that he wrote the post.

"Possibly in saying this, I made a mistake, and I am sorry," Ciaralli told the Tribune. "What I said was my thoughts, not the official thoughts of the federation."

USA Gymnastics president Steve Penny still called for an explanation.

"USA Gymnastics is disappointed by the recent comments made by Carlotta Ferlito and apparently by the Italian Gymnastics Federation," Penny said in a statement. "Gymnastics is a global and inclusive sport with talented athletes, and there is no place for racial insensitivity. We are contacting the Italian federation for clarification on its comments." "

In NUT news

http://theblacksphere.net/2013/10/america-needs-white-republican-president/#BOTSZxPlAVqYyB2X.99

Onemic

I think it's funny how after 17 years of Pokemon, Game Freak finally realized black people exist.

Can't you only make your character an extremely light shade of brown? I remember there being some controversy on gaming side a few months back over it.

So finally going home. Main component of the system ain't working.

Got double time tho, so they gave me $160 to refresh a page for 4 hours. There are worse ways to spend a Sunday morning.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Just saw The People Under The Stairs for the first time. The fool = one of the GOAT minority characters in a horror movie. He was bossing it up in the last act.

Just saw The People Under The Stairs for the first time. The fool = one of the GOAT minority characters in a horror movie. He was bossing it up in the last act.

Movie deserved more love. It was fantastic and after I watched it recently I realized how screwed up the villains truly were. Glad you enjoyed it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've told you guys how I live with roommates, right?

Well, they got a 2 year old kid and a decently well-trained dog.

2 year old kids give no fucks about certain things until they get burned bad and well.... after a few months of being choked out, eye-gouged, and slapped around by a kid without any further training or give a fucks from them, I've noticed the dog getting more and more vocal about not being okay with it. We're all watching a movie and the kid is just doing its own thing again beating the dog up and the dog is clearly agitated.

I could've let the trainwreck happen, but I'm really not that kind of guy. So I step in and get ready to snatch the dog up and remind it that it isn't cool. Dog knows its in the wrong for barking and snapping at the kid so it curls up. Roommate and mother to the kid flips at me.

I explain clearly that the kid is about to get fucked up by a once-good dog because they aren't doing shit. Husband says nothing. She stays mad. I explain that I'm not going to tell the 2 year old anything because the 2 year old is 2. Husband nods in agreement quietly. She flips.

"Its my dog and its my child <rawr>"

I walk away. Now the movie is off, the kid is in bed, and the dog is outside like it was going to put it out there anyways. Except she's mad like I tried to tell her how to put her that her kid should be a vegan or some shit.

Kid could've been bit. Bad.

But I'm the bad guy because I don't want to see a 2 year old fucked up.

And I learned that the husband is completely bitchmade today.

Slayven

My sister's favorite movie.

Movie deserved more love. It was fantastic and after I watched it recently I realized how screwed up the villains truly were. Glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah shit was fucked up/
I've told you guys how I live with roommates, right?

Well, they got a 2 year old kid and a decently well-trained dog.

2 year old kids give no fucks about certain things until they get burned bad and well.... after a few months of being choked out, eye-gouged, and slapped around by a kid without any further training or give a fucks from them, I've noticed the dog getting more and more vocal about not being okay with it. We're all watching a movie and the kid is just doing its own thing again beating the dog up and the dog is clearly agitated.

I could've let the trainwreck happen, but I'm really not that kind of guy. So I step in and get ready to snatch the dog up and remind it that it isn't cool. Dog knows its in the wrong for barking and snapping at the kid so it curls up. Roommate and mother to the kid flips at me.

I explain clearly that the kid is about to get fucked up by a once-good dog because they aren't doing shit. Husband says nothing. She stays mad. I explain that I'm not going to tell the 2 year old anything because the 2 year old is 2. Husband nods in agreement quietly. She flips.

"Its my dog and its my child <rawr>"

I walk away. Now the movie is off, the kid is in bed, and the dog is outside like it was going to put it out there anyways. Except she's mad like I tried to tell her how to put her that her kid should be a vegan or some shit.

Kid could've been bit. Bad.

But I'm the bad guy because I don't want to see a 2 year old fucked up.

And I learned that the husband is completely bitchmade today.

Parents don't believe their kids can fuck up, until they get fucked up. Than everyone but them is at fault.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Parents don't believe their kids can fuck up, until they get fucked up. Than everyone but them is at fault.

I'm really pissed about this because I hate even thinking about stepping into other people's shit after all I've had to deal with it.

But knowing that they're both really about committing to dumb shit that much is really troubling.

cdyhybrid

I'm really pissed about this because I hate even thinking about stepping into other people's shit after all I've had to deal with it.

But knowing that they're both really about committing to dumb shit that much is really troubling.

You kept a young kid who didn't know better from getting his shit slapped by an angry dog. That's something to be happy about, at least.

This is the type of shit that angers me about pet owners with kids. Ive seen it time and time again and always the same shit.

"Little Billy didn't deserved to get mauled by that Pomeranian. It just attacked him with no provacation when he started to pet him."

And another animal gets euthanized because you couldn't tell your child to stop. We rescued our tuxedo cat from a family with a child that would yank its tail and abuse it. The kid got scratched and they declawed him. Then they decided that they were gonna put him down because "he would hiss at everyone". Well we took him in going on 2 years and that joker is one of the smoothest and happiest cats ever.

I get salty over a lot of things but mistreatment of anything weak and I will flip my shit.

Top Bottom