• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
tumblr_mumqjg3RlB1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

GTA fashion

"attributes different athletes' abilities to race." Oh...so what magical muscles do black people have that make them good at gymnastics? Eventually they're going to play that ethnic advantage excuse into the ground. Can't wait for us to dominate swimming. I'd love to hear the excuse then!

I laffed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just found out today that I'm mentioned in a past almost-fling's book.

Yeah. I feel some kind of way right now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did she say something negative?

I'm not going to buy her book.

But the situation was always a weird one. She is the girl that I was getting to know when Lupe came to our college for a signing/release party type deal. She headed up the reception crew and after we all took pictures with him, he sends her a message to meet up with him at the Omni in downtown Charlotte. I didn't hear about this until the next day - once he'd already left. She told me in a "don't be mad, buttttt" kinda tone that he hit her up, but that she didn't respond because of 'us'.

I responded with "He hit you up like that? Man, you should've done that shit. I know if Ciara hit me up I'd be on the bus up there right now.... shiiiit"

She didn't know how to take that lol.

Next time I fucked up.... Next year. We never hooked up, I dated other people, stayed good friends. At the time, I was about my frat, basketball, student council, family stuff... I was busy and stressed. My close friends knew that I was typically working til around midnight or later, but they still drank on weekends and always kept a bottle for me. These were really good friends too, and we knew to at least give each other the heads up when it came to talking to exes, flings, 'wanted's, etc. I come through one night and what do I see? This girl and one of the guys - she was like "Hey!" he was like "ohshitwtfheyitsnotwhatyouthink"

I didn't do anything other than make everyone in the room really uncomfortable. They dated for two weeks after that. She did it to spite me. He did it because he thought it was love.

Soooooo it could be a lot of things.

I also remember this one date we had where we were going through this mall... it was nice as fuck. I pulled her into this shoe store with me. Told her "yo, look around and find something you like" she went through the store and came back with some heels and a big ass grin

like I was gonna buy that shit lol

I just wanted to see what her style was like.

Edit: Its probably negative
iANqJoMjIAiJo.gif

The life that is DY lol.

offtopic: Just started watching Bones (I know late as fuck, dgaf). Likin it so far; Bones and Booth's dynamics with each other is amazing.

Michaela Conlins is pretty nice looking too.

Slayven

The life that is DY lol.

offtopic: Just started watching Bones (I know late as fuck, dgaf). Likin it so far; Bones and Booth's dynamics with each other is amazing.

Michaela Conlins is pretty nice looking too.

Yeah Bones the whole show has a great chemistry.. Terrible arc villains, but good chemistry,

Oh yea Tera did write a book, I remember Dawn was in something. What's Fred been up to?

Dawn was in Eurotrip and something else. Don't know much else. Fred's been steady working in TV. Dollhouse and some other stuff. She was also in Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing" which I just watched tonight and that shit was dope. Pretty much a who's who in terms of actors who've worked with Joss. Willow and Wesley are married too. So.. yeah Buffy and Xander caught the biggest L's. At least in terms of what they're doing now.

That friendzone thread made me realize something I keep forgetting. NeoGAF is a gaming forum so many cats are socially awkward around women/have never been with a woman/don't know how to even talk to women.

She and Robin Williams are in a new show on CBS.

It won't last, she was in a new show just before that one in which her twin was like a secret agent and was killed or something.

It won't last, she was in a new show just before that one in which her twin was like a secret agent and was killed or something.

You're probably right. Her new show isn't getting much love in the TV threads and the reviews aren't too hot either. I'm cool with it but it's pretty much Robin Williams doing his bits +other people.

Slayven

Oh yea Tera did write a book, I remember Dawn was in something. What's Fred been up to?
Fred has been a recurring villian in Persons of Interest, she is creepy as hell.

Speaking of Buffy, Cordelia was thick on that show, and spike played piccolo in that godawful dbz movie
yeah she lost a lot of weight in Angel, made her look old.

I stay for the occasional gore scenes and the horrible (awesome) product placement, "I hope I set the DVR Sleepy Hallow is on tonight"

Yeah they opening screens the last few years have had people getting slimed with nasty stuff. They had an whole episode about "Avatar".

You're probably right. Her new show isn't getting much love in the TV threads and the reviews aren't too hot either. I'm cool with it but it's pretty much Robin Williams doing his bits +other people.

everybody in that show sucks. but i still watch it because robin williams da gawd can literally carry scenes on his shoulder. they clearly let him ad lib and make the rest of them read from the wack script.

he should have gotten a cable comedy show. this crap is beneath him.

Top Bottom