• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Is saying nigga okay on NeoGAF now?

I see it used more from time to time, and I was wondering what was up with that. I remember folks being banned for that sort of thing.

Depends on the user

Beef? Nah, he can't say that word

also depends where you at. BCT? Ok. Pokemon X&Y OT? Let it fly. Random OT topic? If you have an unpopular opinion, people will quote your post/post Coli images/faux-outrage dogpile until a mod bans

Depends on the user

Beef? Nah, he can't say that word

also depends where you at. BCT? Ok. Pokemon X&Y OT? Let it fly. Random OT topic? If you have an unpopular opinion, people will quote your post/post Coli images/faux-outrage dogpile until a mod bans

LOL, why the X/Y OT, though?

I figured as much. Makes sense.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Bububut you need to be nice to people so they understand. Fuck them and their emotions B.

All of the mental gymnastics needed to vault around the fact that a lot of racists and sexist individuals are in certain political groups would get some folks a 10.0 from China and the fucking Gold medal.

I quick joined a job in GTA last night. 3 dudes from the same crew and me. Instead of saying they wanted to do it with just the 3 of them they blew out my tires and my car and one of theirs got destroyed in a river.

He drive some shit sedan and I had to pay 12,000 to my insurance to get it back =[

I've basically made a 180 on GTAO tho, I can see myself playing it for a while.

Driveclub delay making dudes salty

They still got God Cerny's killer app, there's no need to upset

KnackBoxart.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Driveclub delay making dudes salty

They still got God Cerny's killer app, there's no need to upset
and all those indie games. Cause that's why you buy a 400 dollar console.

For them indie gaems with the quirky art style and the throwback chiptunes that call back to the Super Nintendo™

J10

Banned
I quick joined a job in GTA last night. 3 dudes from the same crew and me. Instead of saying they wanted to do it with just the 3 of them they blew out my tires and my car and one of theirs got destroyed in a river.

He drive some shit sedan and I had to pay 12,000 to my insurance to get it back =[

I've basically made a 180 on GTAO tho, I can see myself playing it for a while.

I'm not sure I fully understand what GTA Online is. Is the game world just populated with random players that you can interact with or is there some kind of matchmaking process before you run into people?

DominoKid

the Real Husbands show doesn't get enough love.

By all accounts, "Real Husbands of Hollywood" should be one of the more heavily-hyped cable TV shows on the air right now. When it began airing earlier this year, it became cable's number-one sitcom among adults 18-to-49. (If it wasn't for that pesky "Tosh.0", it would've been the number-one bit of original cable programming in Tuesday-night time slot.) Its finale in March snatched up 2.2 million viewers. The show should've been on the cover of Entertainment Weekly months ago.

But since it also stars a black cast and it airs on Black Entertainment Television, a cable network that mostly caters to black audiences, most of the mainstream media hasn't exactly taken a shine to it. Never mind that the show stars Kevin Hart, one of the most in-demand comedians working today. Instead of playing comedy clubs or theaters, the man plays arenas—and the places are usually packed when he hits the stage. His stand-up specials and concert films have given him a loyal, continually swelling fanbase. His last concert movie, "Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain", which grossed a decent $32 million at the box office over the summer (it was made for only $5 million), making it the fourth highest-grossing stand-up concert movie of all time, showed him performing to a sold-out, racially mixed, Madison Square Garden crowd.

He's also a viable movie draw. He starred in "Think Like a Man", the ensemble romantic comedy that was number one at the box office for two weeks when it was released last year, eventually raking in a $96 million worldwide gross. In the coming months, you'll see him opposite Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone in "Grudge Match", with Ice Cube in "Ride Along", and co-starring in a remake of the Rob Lowe-Demi Moore '80s rom-com "About Last Night".

Once again, you should see Hart's mug on all the magazine covers, not unlike fellow stand-up sensation Louis C.K., whose acclaimed, Emmy-winning FX show "Louie" helped him land covers on Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly. Unfortunately, even with web sites like Slate declaring he is the most successful comic working today, I've only seen Hart on the cover of Ebony.

I'm not sure I fully understand what GTA Online is. Is the game world just populated with random players that you can interact with or is there some kind of matchmaking process before you run into people?

It's the map with 15 others online. You have the option to join friends sessions. You can fuck with others but that's lame.

There are mission markers and race stuff as well as death match team death match and Survival which is a horde mode.

You can take out your phone and quick match any of those above type things or host your own and invite whoever.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
GTA online is hella cool....I haven't played storymode since it came out.

yeah, story mode feels a bit worthless after playing online.
Glad I completed it before the online launched.
But in general I'm a gameplay before story gamer.

J10

Banned
It's the map with 15 others online. You have the option to join friends sessions. You can fuck with others but that's lame.

There are mission markers and race stuff as well as death match team death match and Survival which is a horde mode.

You can take out your phone and quick match any of those above type things or host your own and invite whoever.

OK, not very different from 4 then.

Resogun is probably gonna be the best game for a few months

kinda like Geometry Wars was the best thing on 360 until Oblivion/Gears of War showed up 6-9 months later

RedSwirl

Let's be real here: All those indies games already have PC, Mac, and Linux versions that will run on your damn laptop. They are not the reason you buy a $400 console.

real talk.

Battlefield 4.

and it's not just the *game* but also the *community*

as far as BFGAF goes, most of 360 GAF and PS3 GAF are going PS4.

even some people who went PC for BF3 are coming back to PS4 for BF4.

thousand hour game right there.

rolling 16 deep? 24 deep? 32 deep? who knows!!!

cdyhybrid

real talk.

Battlefield 4.

and it's not just the *game* but also the *community*

as far as BFGAF goes, most of 360 GAF and PS3 GAF are going PS4.

even some people who went PC for BF3 are coming back to PS4 for BF4.

thousand hour game right there.

I'll probably be playing it on whatever system my friends end up getting. Luckily, they aren't getting the systems at launch, so hopefully the XBone can take some early Ls and convince them to get a PS4.

Top Bottom