• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

harSon

Banned
Do any of yall do Halloween costumes for parties or say fuck it and do nothing? Trying to think of ideas

I remember a friend told me black people don't dress up for Halloween, and I was like fuck that stereotypical noise, but then I went down to UC Santa Barbara during Halloween (look it up on Youtube) and I was like 3 of a 100+ black people I saw dressed up...

J10

Banned
Finally got RA's links to show up. There's guides in the original post I made to get them to run.

Also, you can play all of them via Westwood Online still. Maybe on C&C/RA, for sure on Tiberian Sun. Some other company runs WWO and essentially everyone plays plays the game with the same CDKey now.

I can't troubleshoot this TS black screen. I get audio, no video. Using Windows XP. Everything I find on Google doesn't work - editing the SUN.ini, drivers all up to date, changing screen resolutions, compatibility modes. I assume it's the crappy Intel G33 - the reason I can't play any PC game made in the last 15 years.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I remember a friend told me black people don't dress up for Halloween, and I was like fuck that stereotypical noise, but then I went down to UC Santa Barbara during Halloween (look it up on Youtube) and I was like 3 of a 100+ black people I saw dressed up...

After a certain point... no. We really don't.

I do need a white woman to help get my Black Snake Moan on though

Gorillaz

^who was it here that said they pulled that off? I thought some in BCT did Black Snake Moan costume with there chick lol

Motivation to do it this year is a house party with old friends from freshman year and work. It's most likely our last year seeing everyone since most will graduate this winter or did last May. So alot of people are saying fuck it and going all out, talking about dressing like 2 chainz and shit lol

Slayven

^who was it here that said they pulled that off? I thought some in BCT did Black Snake Moan costume with there chick lol

Motivation to do it this year is a house party with old friends from freshman year and work. It's most likely our last year seeing everyone since most will graduate this winter or did last May. So alot of people are saying fuck it and going all out, talking about dressing like 2 chainz and shit lol

Bish

FyreWulff

I can't troubleshoot this TS black screen. I get audio, no video. Using Windows XP. Everything I find on Google doesn't work - editing the SUN.ini, drivers all up to date, changing screen resolutions, compatibility modes. I assume it's the crappy Intel G33 - the reason I can't play any PC game made in the last 15 years.

Is the file directory correct?

http://www.myfastdl.de/downloads/TibSunFreeware_install.html

It shouldn't be an issue with the processor. Tiberian Sun was released when Windows 95 was still a thing, and I played it on my Win 95 machine.. with 32MB of RAM.. and a Pentium 2. It took me like five minutes to load into a multiplayer match, lol.

Try alt tabbing away from Tib Sun and alt tabbing back. I think I need to do that sometimes even back then

edit: also, I think you have to run it as Administrator, with no compatibility mode. Try that config if you haven't.

No Ja, no.

daIigjI.png

12 Years A Slave is in 19 theaters? I don't think that is right. It's playing in 3 places in LA and like 5 in NY.

J10

Banned
Is the file directory correct?

http://www.myfastdl.de/downloads/TibSunFreeware_install.html

It shouldn't be an issue with the processor. Tiberian Sun was released when Windows 95 was still a thing, and I played it on my Win 95 machine.. with 32MB of RAM.. and a Pentium 2. It took me like five minutes to load into a multiplayer match, lol.

Try alt tabbing away from Tib Sun and alt tabbing back. I think I need to do that sometimes even back then

edit: also, I think you have to run it as Administrator, with no compatibility mode. Try that config if you haven't.

Yeah, I did all that. Everything is where it should be. Best I can manage clicking around in the dark is this.

And then the audio stops and the program seems to lock up.

FyreWulff

Yeah, I did all that. Everything is where it should be. Best I can manage clicking around in the dark is this.

And then the audio stops and the program seems to lock up.

Yeah, this is going to be annoying because Tiberian Sun and RA2 were finicky even on the original release for the Windows they were intended for. Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert will pretty much just work. Fuckin' Westwood.

So we've ran the registry file to install the key, editing the INI to change resolutions and stuff doesn't work (have you tried dropping Windows down to 800x600?), but we at least have audio. I would honestly try restarting Windows. I had to do that on WinXP back then to get TibSun / RA2 to even start. If that doesn't work, delete it and re-extract it, make sure the registry thing is in, then restart Windows then start it.

Slayven

I about to sell a script titled "White People saving Negros" Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock play a couple that adopts child soldiers from Africa and get them drafted to the NFL.

harSon

Banned
I about to sell a script titled "White People saving Negros" Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock play a couple that adopts child soldiers from Africa and get them drafted to the NFL.

Michael Fassbender can play the cruel Sudanese Warlord whose as dark as he is evil.

Slayven

Charlie Day as the racist neighbor. And Paula Patton as the social worker that refuses to believe white people can raise black kids.

Slayven

Who do you think is the one that whips the kids into shape and make them have wholesome values fam?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/KRAZIKOOL04/madea.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Y'all did not see Sandra fuck that drug dealer up in his own house in the Blindside?

Tom Hanks AND Sandra Bullock. It's never been done but that's like instant gold for American box office. Nobody hates both of them id imagine

Put will smith in there as a junkie who they try to save and you have the biggest movie of the year

J10

Banned
Yeah, this is going to be annoying because Tiberian Sun and RA2 were finicky even on the original release for the Windows they were intended for. Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert will pretty much just work. Fuckin' Westwood.

So we've ran the registry file to install the key, editing the INI to change resolutions and stuff doesn't work (have you tried dropping Windows down to 800x600?), but we at least have audio. I would honestly try restarting Windows. I had to do that on WinXP back then to get TibSun / RA2 to even start. If that doesn't work, delete it and re-extract it, make sure the registry thing is in, then restart Windows then start it.

I got it working. I had to put the .exe in windowed mode and set the color quality to 16-bit. But then the in-game options menus weren't displaying, so I had to then max out the hardware acceleration on my display device.

Fuck PC gaming in it's stupid ass.

harSon

Banned
Man, Denzel was the best thing about Flight. But for every one of those, there's a 2 Guns and Safe House right alongside it

and Book of Eli

John Goodman was great in Flight, and that Latina chick he was banging in the beginning was OMG.

I didn't mind Safe House. It's of the few movies that I didn't hate Ryan Reynolds in.

You know what recent Denzel movie was surprisingly decent? Unstoppable.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DY and Mufasa dropping that reality like clockwork. Only reason I clicked in that thread tbh.

I know dudes that can't even read and use their dick as a tool for domestic violence...

dime pieces just fiended out for them. girls willing to do anything for the dick. career, family, good credit, everything

dudes that won't even call her back on the cell phone she's paying for
ibxaOKuD7wayXh.png

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I know dudes that can't even read and use their dick as a tool for domestic violence...

dime pieces just fiended out for them. girls willing to do anything for the dick. career, family, good credit, everything

dudes that won't even call her back on the cell phone she's paying for
ibxaOKuD7wayXh.png
Star_Trek_suicide.gif

John Goodman was great in Flight, and that Latina chick he was banging in the beginning was OMG.

I didn't mind Safe House. It's of the few movies that I didn't hate Ryan Reynolds in.

Now there's a Denzel movie we can agree on. Dumb as hell, cliche as fuck, but a real 90 minute thrill ride, the kind of thing Tony Scott specializes in. RIP sir

Yeah that shit was solid.

FyreWulff

I got it working. I had to put the .exe in windowed mode and set the color quality to 16-bit. But then the in-game options menus weren't displaying, so I had to then max out the hardware acceleration on my display device.

Fuck PC gaming in it's stupid ass.

Nice you got it working. Now be amazed that it runs much faster than you remember it

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

That chick stars in the show "the league" but even then I never knew she was that bad....

and book of Eli wasn't the worse by a long shot.

harSon

Banned
Now there's a Denzel movie we can agree on. Dumb as hell, cliche as fuck, but a real 90 minute thrill ride, the kind of thing Tony Scott specializes in. RIP sir

Yup.

Another Denzel movie that fits those parameters is Fallen. Such a stupid concept and it's cheesy as fuck, but it was entertaining none the less. That movie had no business being anything but shit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Damnit DY. Got one of those missions. This is only my second time through the game and I don't remember getting screwed this hard before. Why on Earth do aliens get that free move when you find them. Biggest amount of bullshit ever. I swear a huge group decided to move forward, then triggered the animation, and then got the free fucking move.

I've got my squad spaced out perfectly, and two mutons, three of those floating dudes, a thin man, a fucking cyberdisc, it's two little satellites, and a fucking brute/berserker/whatever all manage to 100% everyone they shot at. What...in...the...fuck.

Manage to clear them out, with only 3 guys left. Lost the squad site sniper, another sniper, and assault. Go through the ship, a fucking brute kills one of my heavies. Fine, we take him. Proceed through the rest of the ship and take out a thin man that got the drop on me. Open the final door and.....

three fucking psychic sectoids.

GG.

:mad:

Dereck

Still havn't seen After Earth but I probably ain't missing much and Denzel been phoning it for the past few movies. Then again he basically is on his victory lap career wise
After Earth is hilarious because you get to see a monotone robotic Will Smitch facepalm over and over because of Jaden.

Top Bottom