• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I know it can be kind of expensive, but you folks who have Wiis or WiiUs should pick up Xenoblade Chronicles

it's a fucking fantastic JRPG

cdyhybrid

I think shit is getting real in the infinity ward thread.

Who is this "bish" guy people speak of? He seems quite feared. I know about Evilore, Kagari, Y2KEV and someone who actually has cock-sucking in his title and got a new graphics card these days.

8o0tWk4.jpg

If what's being said in that thread is true, this moment will be known as The Great Meltdown and Culling of NeoGAF.

Slayven

Why is it the oddest things that make folks lose their damn minds? Everybody knows games are ruff until companies fully commit to new gen.

Funny thing is 99% of the CoD fanbase won't give a damn what the resolution is. WHatever system their friends are on, that's the one to get. Only us video game enthusiast nerds give a damn about 720p vs 1080p, for better or worse

Gorillaz

Funny thing is 99% of the CoD fanbase won't give a damn what the resolution is. WHatever system their friends are on, that's the one to get. Only us video game enthusiast nerds give a damn about 720p vs 1080p, for better or worse

They will notice it. People noticed how shitty black ops 1 was on PS3 compared to 360 a few years back (wasn't on gaf/gaming forums back then) I don't think it's going to hold too much water because most of the fanbase ain't jumping this year anyway. Tho overtime it might be interesting.

Slayven

They will notice it. People noticed how shitty black ops 1 was on PS3 compared to 360 a few years back (wasn't on gaf/gaming forums back then) I don't think it's going to hold too much water because most of the fanbase ain't jumping this year anyway. Tho overtime it might be interesting.

I think he is talking about the 12 year olds that scream "Nigger" into the mike. You know the bulk of COD players.

I don't care about the COD franchise much at all at this point, getting bumped to 720p doesn't register with me. But if it's more serious like cdyhybrid is getting at then I'd understand.

Fuck that Magnavox that you looove so baaadddd.

edit:I should do a parody of the whole song called Slayven's Room.

Hi-C Juicebox, momma's number in my tracfone
I said "Pick me up I wanna go home", been waiting on her van too loooooong
Wanna give that girl my black log, won't even give me the time, dog
But I've been sipping so much that I'mma call her anyway and say

cdyhybrid

I don't care about the COD franchise much at all at this point, getting bumped to 720p doesn't register with me. But if it's more serious like cdyhybrid is getting at then I'd understand.

Sounds like they're hinting that the bugs could be a result of trying to run the game at 1080p. He said between the game running at 720p and OS bugs crashing the game, 720p is the lesser of two evils.

Slayven

Bish is at home right now, enjoying dinner with his family. Then he will help his kids with their homework and tuck them safely, he will turn to Mrs.Bish and say " It's time". He will leave his home and arrive at a seemingly abandoned warehouse located in downtown Calgary , Alberta, Canada. Tim Horton's coffee pipping hot in his hand he enters the building and approaches the only object in the whole building, a set of moose antlers.

He touches the points in a seemingly random fashion. But really it is a code that has served him well for many decades. And he suddenly drops through the floor to room located a hundred feet below. His tundra honed fast twitch muscles absorbing the kinetic energy to the point that his coffee barely ripples. He flips a switch on the wall and a dozen monitors flare to life and "King of Rock" starts playing softly in the background. He says softly to no one"Somebody about to get this work."

Imm0rt4l

Bish is at home right now, enjoying dinner with his family. Then he will help his kids with their homework and tuck them safely, he will turn to Mrs.Bish and say " It's time". He will leave his home and arrive at a seemingly abandoned warehouse located in downtown Calgary , Alberta, Canada. Tim Horton's coffee pipping hot in his hand he enters the building and approaches the only object in the whole building, a set of moose antlers.

He touches the points in a seemingly random fashion. But really it is a code that has served him well for many decades. And he suddenly drops through the floor to room located a hundred feet below. His tundra honed fast twitch muscles absorbing the kinetic energy to the point that his coffee barely ripples. He flips a switch on the wall and a dozen monitors flare to life and "King of Rock" starts playing softly in the background. He says softly to no one"Somebody about to get this work."

That...that was beautiful.

so I know it can be kind of expensive, but you folks who have Wiis or WiiUs should pick up Xenoblade Chronicles

it's a fucking fantastic JRPG
I own it and don't have any motivation to play it. I will eventually just not in the foreseeable next couple months.

And I'm already as the kiddies say turning it up. Just bought a rack of ribs for my wife and myself and been killing those long islands. I'm feeling right.

Got a question for StrongGAF. Yesterday in the gym, I discovered that by doing 5 or 6 sets of 10 compared to 3 sets of 15 (of a bench machine, curl machine, and the one where your arms are outstretched and you bring them forward), I not only end up doing more total reps (obviously), I also am able to do this with significantly more weight and not feel as tired at the end. Now I'm sure this isn't a case of me just getting stronger as it's only been a week since I started seriously hitting the gym, but what does this mean for my overall results? I would think that this is a good thing since it's more work in the long run, but since it's less reps per set and I'm not as tired, I'm wondering if this is an "easy way out" of sorts.

First mstake is using machines, free weights are better.Either go 5 sets of 5 for strength or 4 sets of 8. I have given up doing standard workouts and basically do my best to kill myself in the gym.

My chest workout:

Flat Bench press
135x20
205x15
245x10 pause reps
345x1
335x2
315x2
295x4
275x6
245x7
2235x9
225x16
225x10

Incline Bench
225 max reps
185 max reps
135 max reps

3 25lb plates on each side - max reps drop a plate each set

Dips 3x to failure
Cable Fly's (up&down) 4x15 reps/superset with Pushups 3xfailure

By "overtraining" I have seen some amazing results so far.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If gaming side smells a drop of blood in the water of course they will frenzy. First it's 720p next all of a sudden it snowballed into all sorts of folk hinting at problems and glitches. We won't know...until we know. But Bish going on lockdown? That's an NDA coming into effect for sure. Other people hinting at other problems could be true as well.

Either outcome just means more popcorn for me.

RedSwirl

Between what y'all say about gaming side, and then what y'all say about OT, why do you even like NeoGAF?

I guess I put up with gaming side because I came here from other gaming forums, including the years I spent at the old official Nintendo forums.

cdyhybrid

If gaming side smells a drop of blood in the water of course they will frenzy. First it's 720p next all of a sudden it snowballed into all sorts of folk hinting at problems and glitches. We won't know...until we know. But Bish going on lockdown? That's an NDA coming into effect for sure. Other people hinting at other problems could be true as well.

Either outcome just means more popcorn for me.

That's the biggest sign of shit getting real to me. Don't know what it means, but it means something.

Between what y'all say about gaming side, and then what y'all say about OT, why do you even like NeoGAF?

I guess I put up with gaming side because I came here from other gaming forums, including the years I spent at the old official Nintendo forums.

Community threads for whatever hobbies/interests you have are generally awesome.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

It's a love-hate thing. I appreciate gaming and off-topic for different reasons but usually get fed up with both for the same thing (shit posting / ignorance). I guess if it ever got to the point where GAF just irritated me all the time in would leave. But as it is, I find a pretty good balance and just drop out of threads that begin to piss me off.

Top Bottom