• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

PS3 is my console of choice and I love the dualshock but that 360 controller "feels" good. Especially for FPS's. If it wasn't for goddamn gold.....

Imm0rt4l

And steroids,

I can't help but lol when CT claims life time natural,"I'm drug free gaiz!" lol gtfoh with that noise, bs isn't for brute strength, he's a bullshit artist. brb 290lbs and repping 500 lbs for reps at my peak, brb multiple heart attacks because cheeseburgers...not drugs. But aside from him claiming something he's not I respect him and his persona. Nobody talks shit quite like CT does in the weight room. "You need testicular fortitude, you can't get that shit at wal-mart! It's sold out!". Also Mike Rashid is a beast.

Got a question for StrongGAF. Yesterday in the gym, I discovered that by doing 5 or 6 sets of 10 compared to 3 sets of 15 (of a bench machine, curl machine, and the one where your arms are outstretched and you bring them forward), I not only end up doing more total reps (obviously), I also am able to do this with significantly more weight and not feel as tired at the end. Now I'm sure this isn't a case of me just getting stronger as it's only been a week since I started seriously hitting the gym, but what does this mean for my overall results? I would think that this is a good thing since it's more work in the long run, but since it's less reps per set and I'm not as tired, I'm wondering if this is an "easy way out" of sorts.

It's probably a matter of difference in your muscular endurance vs your strength. The two aren't exactly one in the same, but it's weird since the numbers of reps you're putting up are all relatively high reps. Hypertrophy is normally elicited by exercises in the 8-12 rep range and higher(also gives you a more distinct pump). Strength building is more in the 1-5 rep range. A lot of other factors need to be taken into consideration though, how were your atp stores looking, were you glycogen depleted(not enough carbs) etc. Any progress is good though, if you're volume is increasing then that's an indicator of you getting stronger, whether you're recruiting more muscle fibers(not likely in a short amount of time) or you're stepping your neuro muscular adaptation up. Pec deck is a good machine, and I'm not anti machine, but I think they're best used as a supplement to your free weight routine; I typically use machines for a burn out when I've already done my heavy compound movements.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yo that Call of Duty thread

we got Cboat taking direct shots at Penello

I fucking love console wars

I missed this

last gen went on too long

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

DominoKid

folks are real pressed over this 720/1080 shit.

in other news if i bite my tongue around my fam anymore i'm gonna bite it clean off.
everybody acting like it's just open season to slander my character since i'm having trouble finding a job.
i wish it was as easy to find a job as they think it is.

in other news if i bite my tongue around my fam anymore i'm gonna bite it clean off.
everybody acting like it's just open season to slander my character since i'm having trouble finding a job.

Preach, when I was unemployed I had my dead beat uncle chastising me. That shit pissed me off royally since he was a recovered junkie who hadn't had a job in damn 20+ years who lived off my grandmother.

Best thing to do man, is ignore them and when you land something rub it in their face.

DominoKid

Preach, when I was unemployed I had my dead beat uncle chastising me. That shit pissed me off royally since he was a recovered junkie who hadn't had a job in damn 20+ years who lived off my grandmother.

Best thing to do man, is ignore them and when you land something rub it in their face.

Why is it always the worst off people throwing the most shade?

My cousin came at me on some "I don't ask your mom how she raised a spoiled fucking brat who doesn't have a job so who is she to complain about my child's behavior?" I had to walk that one off to keep from going in on the fuckery of her life situation. And they wonder why I don't visit more...

I'm not sure why people are putting the blame on pit bulls in general.

Just because an animal can be raised to be a killer doesn't mean they all do that. If you believe that pit bulls are all crazy territory fiends, what do you think about minorities(Yes, in this case I mean black people, because of the similar stereotype)?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ReiGun

I feel you, man. My family goes out of their to bust my chops for not having a job right now, despite the fact that I've been trying to get one all year. They get on me in front of company and everything.

I'm trying to get this game tester job right now; if it works out, I'm gonna act a damn fool.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Why is it always the worst off people throwing the most shade?

My cousin came at me on some "I don't ask your mom how she raised a spoiled fucking brat who doesn't have a job so who is she to complain about my child's behavior?" I had to walk that one off to keep from going in on the fuckery of her life situation. And they wonder why I don't visit more...
I can smell Durham in this post

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oh-boy.gif

Top Bottom