• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
people are way more upset than I thought.
y'all thought justice would be served in Amerikkka ?
Sad but not unexpected.
I was hoping the system would prove the cynic in me wrong.

Gattsu25

Banned
Is anyone really surprised?

I'm not. I felt he was probably going to get off when it took protests to get the guy charged. I knew he was going to get a Not Guilty verdict when the jury was announced.

This is probably the only incident that's legitimately made me consider the idea of living somewhere other than the US. This just hits so close to home for me.

ReiGun

I just feel terrible for his family and everyone who got emotionally involved in the case. Even though I saw this coming, they hoped for better. Now they're all crushed. It's hard to watch everyone just lose hope.

This is probably the only incident that's legitimately made me consider the idea of living somewhere other than the US. This just hits so close to home for me.

Pfft all my peoples on twitter blow me up tell me to move.

The justice system fails again and I add another line to the list of why Florida sucks.

Satch

Banned
i knew it was going to happen but its still very personal because i have little brothers close to his age that walk to the store, buy shit, and then walk home

i hate those little shits but id be mortified if somebody ever did to them what zimmerman did to trayvon

id want his head on a pike and to be fed his entrails with A1 steak sauce so i mean i get the anger even if people already knew deep down what would occur in the end

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I understand the need to share and vent. Sometimes just easier to try and move past than focus on the pain. Might be bottling it up but that's just how I go with events that hit too close to home sometimes. Thinking about it further just upsets me and make me want to act irrational.

Satch

Banned
this is the saddest thread on neogaf atm

something about black gaf, of all the threads on here, just saying "well what did you expect" bums me out

this sucks

I understand the need to share and vent. Sometimes just easier to try and move past than focus on the pain. Might be bottling it up but that's just how I go with events that hit too close to home sometimes. Thinking about it further just upsets me and make me want to act irrational.

This goes to thhe fact they asked people to not be crazy with the verdict. I feel that it's necessary to say calm down outloud.

Slayven

this is the saddest thread on neogaf atm

something about black gaf, of all the threads on here, just saying "well what did you expect" bums me out

this sucks

But we will over come. Because we have to, not for ourselves, but for all of Dy's young(even in china) out there. We owe it to them to be positive.

BHZ Mayor

So in Florida, if you're black, you can officially be killed for whatever and whenever with no repercussions for your killer. If you're black in Florida, you need to move. Period.

......god damn.
I'm appalled, angry, upset, disappointed, and dumbfounded. I love this country with my heart and soul. I know in my very being that nothing is perfect. There are flaws in even the law. But my god my core is shaken. I still love my country that will never change. But I swear the colors are not as bright and shiny. I see the dullness and the seams are becoming worn. I see the cracks but I still stand. Just shaky but I still stand. Just not the same way again. I'm out for a minute fam.

It's all the "justice is served" posts in the other thread that get to me. I'm real glad you think justice has been served while a man who killed an innocent kid gets to walk free.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
this whole thing started because of racial profiling. people saying this isn't about race are basic as fuck.

abuC

I love this country with my heart and soul.

Why?

Chris Rock said it best

"if you're black, you have to look at America a little bit different. You got to look at America like the uncle that paid for you to go to college but who molested you"

Top Bottom