• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Hey, BCGaf

ibz1iwhlqRb5t7.gif

What program do you guys use to record your podcasts? We're trying to set one up over at PopGAF.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Skype to talk. Keeping it at or under 5-6 people will ensure the connection is decent, problems happen when folks have slow connections or connect from far away (like out the country for example). I think the gafhop podcast suffered from lag and overlapping voices a few times due to lag from connecting from across the globe. The mainstays of So Well Spoken are all in the US with the exception of onemic who is up in CandaLand.

Skype is also convenient because you can connect via smartphone like Slay does. That person just has to make sure the background noise is minimal cause the phone receiver picks up more than the average PC mic.

I record using http://www.pamela.biz/en/ a license is $30 bucks. You can try it out for 30 days to see if you like it. There are other options but I spent 30$ rather than experiment and waste any time.

It starts up with Skype, and its best to record as soon as the call starts otherwise it can act up. If it doesn't start recording you have to restart skype, I had to restart my entire PC a couple times to fix it.

I edit with http://audacity.sourceforge.net/, It's pretty easy to use. I had never used it prior and learned it pretty quickly.

As for hosting we used PodOmatic at first because it's free. The gafhop podcast is hosted there too.

We switched when we started updating more frequently than the free version allowed. I looked around and Libsyn's paid version matched up with our needs better than Podomatic's. You can change your subscription on the fly, at our output peek it was 20$ a month I think to accommodate our file sizes.

You can always look around for cheaper options, but at the time it was easier for me to shell out for the service than to spend any time looking around.

Imm0rt4l

OT is making my fucking blood boil. Fuck everyone showboating. A kid is dead, do they not understand that? Cold hearted fucks.

I'm trying to stay out of that thread because the number of guys popping up out of nowhere on that bullshit. Of course now I gotta put muhfuckas in check on facebook right now. Some people front like they don't constantly root against black people.

edit: lol this bitch just unfriended me for putting his ass on blast, and he's getting all apologetic. Bitchmade.

The Crazy thing was it happened on the south side the one place you think that wouldnt have happen

There's a whole lot of casual racism, people hopped on their own ego and guns everywhere. I've never felt as though my minority friends are safe as I am in most places.

DominoKid

i can't muster up the anger because nothing about this surprised me.

whole lot of folks online right now that need to step away from the keyboard. ex: my timeline is on fire right now.

Imm0rt4l

You know, this shit isn't surprising. And I told myself I wouldn't get pissed, cuz I KNEW this shit was going to happen. But looking at some of these fuckers dance on the grave of this kid via facebook has me FUCKING LIVID. I am actively waiting for some of my closeted racist 'fb friends' from white as snow St. Cloud Minnesota to say something, I FUCKING DARE THEM TO.

My FB feed is dead silent on Zimmerman, except for an old highschool classmate who implied he was 'salty' over the verdict and decided to head to Kevin Hart's new movie to cheer himself up.

Nakazato If you ever want to feel safe somewhere in socal/LA, go to rich people malls. The Grove, South Coast Plaza, 3rd Street Promenade....cops don't want to so much as make rich people have to watch someone get in trouble. Only drunks are ever being talked to whenever I'm at those places. But prepare to be salty at all the Porsches, Lambos and such.

ReiGun

Wow black people on my fb talking about stop playing the race card black America. Like this shit has nothing to do with race.

They have been talking that shit since before the trial even started on mine. It's always the "nerds" too. Or the "activists" who have studied some law or whatever and think that gives them the right to look down on everyone else.

I expected the verdict, so I've made my peace with that. But seeing people act so callous and self-righteous and just...like immature douchebags while other people are angry and hurting just pisses me the fuck off.

This is probably the only incident that's legitimately made me consider the idea of living somewhere other than the US. This just hits so close to home for me.

where are you gonna go that's legitimately better than the US when it comes to this while also having a similar quality of life experience and infrastructure?

Skype to talk. Keeping it at or under 5-6 people will ensure the connection is decent, problems happen when folks have slow connections or connect from far away (like out the country for example). I think the gafhop podcast suffered from lag and overlapping voices a few times due to lag from connecting from across the globe. The mainstays of So Well Spoken are all in the US with the exception of onemic who is up in CandaLand.

Skype is also convenient because you can connect via smartphone like Slay does. That person just has to make sure the background noise is minimal cause the phone receiver picks up more than the average PC mic..

Google+ Hangouts is better
, alot less resource intensive.

abuC

You know, this shit isn't surprising. And I told myself I wouldn't get pissed, cuz I KNEW this shit was going to happen. But looking at some of these fuckers dance on the grave of this kid via facebook has me FUCKING LIVID. I am actively waiting for some of my closeted racist 'fb friends' from white as snow St. Cloud Minnesota to say something, I FUCKING DARE THEM TO.

Luckily the majority of white folks on my Facebook are liberal and grew up around black people. There are a few conservative close minded dicks, but the other white people shut them down pretty quickly.

Imm0rt4l

Luckily the majority of white folks on my Facebook are liberal and grew up around black people. There are a few conservative close minded dicks, but the other white people shut them down pretty quickly.

I made some less then genuine friends while in school. One that I just put on blast is an aspiring police officer.....smh, it makes so much sense.

DominoKid

i just hope a lot of folks out there are enlightened by this to what the other side actually thinks about us.

i don't think the kid was some perfect little angel, but the character slander was just off the fucking charts in this case.

i just hope a lot of folks out there are enlightened by this to what the other side actually thinks about us.

i don't think the kid was some perfect little angel, but the character slander was just off the fucking charts in this case.

Trayvon was tried for his own murder not Zimmerman.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oops wrong post. I'm still worked up after the trial

Nakazato

My FB feed is dead silent on Zimmerman, except for an old highschool classmate who implied he was 'salty' over the verdict and decided to head to Kevin Hart's new movie to cheer himself up.

Nakazato If you ever want to feel safe somewhere in socal/LA, go to rich people malls. The Grove, South Coast Plaza, 3rd Street Promenade....cops don't want to so much as make rich people have to watch someone get in trouble. Only drunks are ever being talked to whenever I'm at those places. But prepare to be salty at all the Porsches, Lambos and such.

I need to in the past 2 weeks i have been to the out door mall in LB, Baldwin hills and a three story mall in Torrance

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I need to in the past 2 weeks i have been to the out door mall in LB, Baldwin hills and a three story mall in Torrance

i havent been to the baldwin hills plaza in years, but the last time i was there it was a fucking dive. i used to go there all the time as a kid. then the magic johnson theatres came up, and thugs took over. getting rid of bookstar was it for me

Top Bottom