• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Speaking of thirsty.....BCT why yall didn't tell me about these south Korean girls doe?
invJrOS7yKgzc.gif

preferably the ones over 18

oh i would my brother i would, their families though seeing me haha oh man.

Wesley Snipes got lucky some how, god bless him

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Never got HxH , don't want to see a bunch of kids beating on each other. I can go to the hood for that.

there isnt much, or any child on child violence, more like a bunch of kids making grown ass dudes their bitches.. and this pedo dude who manages to constantly excape being killed.

That's aight, Parallax

world needs Hudlin BP fans, too

naw son. naw.

ReiGun

I tried really hard to watch Raexphon, but couldn't do it. Maybe I just have a short attention span, but fuck was that boring.

Eva would have been cool if it had bothered to have a cast I gave a shit about. Someone told me the characters were supposed to be a commentary on anime fans and showing them that these character archetypes they love so much (the spineless protag, the bitchy female lead, etc) are, in reality, horrible and broken people. I thought that was cool, but that doesn't take away the fact that watching these characters whine and be depressed was not at all entertaining. Even when I was 16 and all about whiny and depressed characters. Add the pretension and desperate desire to be deep, and I just couldn't do it.

Gurren Lagann was cool. I loved it, but it wasn't the life changing experience some say it is. A friend of mine suggested I watch it when I was feel down and I couldn't do it. It really is one of those "Watch it once and never again" experiences. (I ended up watching Hajime no Ippo again instead.)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I tried really hard to watch Raexphon, but couldn't do it. Maybe I just have a short attention span, but fuck was that boring.

Eva would have been cool if it had bothered to have a cast I gave a shit about. Someone told me the characters were supposed to be a commentary on anime fans and showing them that these character archetypes they love so much (the spineless protag, the bitchy female lead, etc) are, in reality, horrible and broken people. I thought that was cool, but that doesn't take away the fact that watching these characters whine and be depressed was not at all entertaining. Even when I was 16 and all about whiny and depressed characters. Add the pretension and desperate desire to be deep, and I just couldn't do it.

Gurren Lagann was cool. I loved it, but it wasn't the life changing experience some say it is. A friend of mine suggested I watch it when I was feel down and I couldn't do it. It really is one of those "Watch it once and never again" experiences. (I ended up watching Hajime no Ippo again instead.)
Ippo would've dropped Simon in two.

PR was a love letter to anime, big robots, big monsters and sentai. It was not perfect there were plot holes but I be damned if it wasn't fucking enjoyable. I was a kid again. It was one of the best films I've seen a while. And with all the shit going on I needed to get away. Thank you Mr. del Toro thank you for helping me forget about the ills and just be a kid again.

Slayven

PR was a love letter to anime, big robots, big monsters and sentai. It was not perfect there were plot holes but I be damned if it wasn't fucking enjoyable. I was a kid again. It was one of the best films I've seen a while. And with all the shit going on I needed to get away. Thank you Mr. del Toro thank you for helping me forget about the ills and just be a kid again.

Sentai they would have saved the day and kept the robots.

akira28

Nah, Gaf is a twisted small fragment of the real world. Never assume otherwise.

The internet has ways of synthesizing or concentrating the things you would find out in the real world. I feel that it is the world that is twisted. GAF just gives us a little sampler's taste.

I aint seen so many particles since The Last Dragon, my nigga

tumblr_moul6mv53d1rx3y5ho1_500.gif

This looks like one of those fake video games you see on a movie, complete with ninja/werewolf/XTREME announceer

Gorillaz

can't keep up with esports I mean I can watch some stuff like evo from time to time but I can't do stuff like watching starcraft or black ops 2

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
can't keep up with esports I mean I can watch some stuff like evo from time to time but I can't do stuff like watching starcraft or black ops 2

The tournament i went to this weekend was pretty big for the UK. MLG peeps came down to shoutcast and stuff, and quite a few big teams too.

Winning teams took home $30000 in prize money.

yeah I couldn't get into KI. Seemed like it's focused on more flash than anything. And the combo breakers got annoying before the first match was done. Definitely not my thing.

Gorillaz

The tournament i went to this weekend was pretty big for the UK. MLG peeps came down to shoutcast and stuff, and quite a few big teams too.

Winning teams took home $30000 in prize money.

that maybe is the problem for me I heard going to them/experiencing it first hand adds alot to it that is lost from watching a stream

Slayven

Don't get the steam sale hype especially folks that buy games too never play. I brought FNV, and Torchland 2 and I am good.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
that maybe is the problem for me I heard going to them/experiencing it first hand adds alot to it that is lost from watching a stream

For sure, the atmosphere was kinda crazy, in a good way. You also hear more of the trash talk that goes on in between rounds, some of it is hilarious.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What's hard to get? lol. Cheap shit is ultra cheap. Some people were even making bank by selling off cards to fund their purchases.

akira28

Seems like hoarding. But if you want to drop 3500$ on games, more power to you.

more like $35, and got 8 games to show for it. Including a game I had been skipping because it was $25 and I knew it would dip down eventually. I even bought 2 1$ games as a gift for bros.

So now I will know what they were talking about with Saints Row 3, got my kerbal, sleeping dogs, and more. It's like Christmas with a divorced parent. I'm trying to buy back the love of my inner child.

Slayven

more like $35, and got 8 games to show for it. Including a game I had been skipping because it was $25 and I knew it would dip down eventually. I even bought 2 1$ games as a gift for bros.

So now I will know what they were talking about with Saints Row 3, got my kerbal, sleeping dogs, and more. It's like Christmas with a divorced parent. I'm trying to buy back the love of my inner child.

I got sleeping dogs and Saints row for free thanks to bing points. I will miss them.

harSon

Banned
Damn, just caught word that my cousin's wife's little brother was murdered this morning. I knew him pretty well too. He was a happy go lucky kid and one of the most polite kids you'd ever meet, but he joined a gang not too long ago. You wouldn't think that of him if you'd seen him. He's kind hearted, polite and well dressed, but a messed up upbringing and some horrible life choices took him away from this Earth far too soon. It's not confirmed to be gang related, but given the gang violence that has been rocking the city as of late, and the company he kept, it's basically a foregone conclusion at this point. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Teenager-Shot-Killed-as-San-Jose-Party-Breaks-Up-215436871.html

I grew up in a similarly rough environment, and lost siblings to gang violence, so these things always hit me a lot harder, especially since I've met the kid a dozen plus times. Shit's heartbreaking and infuriating, 17 fucking years old man... :/

Damn, just caught word that my cousin's wife's little brother was murdered this morning. I knew him pretty well too. He was a happy go lucky kid and one of the most polite kids you'd ever meet, but he joined a gang not too long ago. You wouldn't think that of him if you'd seen him. He's kind hearted, polite and well dressed, but a messed up upbringing and some horrible life choices took him away from this Earth far too soon. It's not confirmed to be gang related, but given the gang violence that has been rocking the city as of late, and the company he kept, it's basically a foregone conclusion at this point. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Teenager-Shot-Killed-as-San-Jose-Party-Breaks-Up-215436871.html

I grew up in a similarly rough environment, and lost siblings to gang violence, so these things always hit me a lot harder, especially since I've met the kid a dozen plus times. Shit's heartbreaking and infuriating, 17 fucking years old man... :/

Fuck man. Sorry to hear this. 17 too fucking young man.

My family just buried my cousin a few weeks ago. He went missing four years ago and the cops just found his body about two months ago. This shit is crazy.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9162162

In the warrant, police say Rosas told acquaintances he had help burying Steven's body. They say Rosas said he slept next to the dead body and cried about what he had done. And, he said, he killed under orders from the Mexican Mafia, which could come up in a murder trial.

Slayven

Fuck man. Sorry to hear this. 17 too fucking young man.

My family just buried my cousin a few weeks ago. He went missing four years ago and the cops just found his body about two months ago. This shit is crazy.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9162162
Sorry for y'all's lost.

Riggs

Banned

I lurk this thread , really sorry man. I keep trying to get my friend out of that life but he don't listen for shit. I can't say to much but ya , doing what I can to get him on the right side. Sorry for your loss man, world is cold.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Sorry for your loss. that is terrible.

Gorillaz

sorry for the loss man sad that from the sounds of it he had a bright future but made the wrong choice in friends. Shit might sound cliche but before with the people you associate with especially in today's society

EDIT: same thing to you kaeptain, sorry bout your lost

Top Bottom