• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

zero_suit

Damn, just caught word that my cousin's wife's little brother was murdered this morning. I knew him pretty well too. He was a happy go lucky kid and one of the most polite kids you'd ever meet, but he joined a gang not too long ago. You wouldn't think that of him if you'd seen him. He's kind hearted, polite and well dressed, but a messed up upbringing and some horrible life choices took him away from this Earth far too soon. It's not confirmed to be gang related, but given the gang violence that has been rocking the city as of late, and the company he kept, it's basically a foregone conclusion at this point. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Teenager-Shot-Killed-as-San-Jose-Party-Breaks-Up-215436871.html

I grew up in a similarly rough environment, and lost siblings to gang violence, so these things always hit me a lot harder, especially since I've met the kid a dozen plus times. Shit's heartbreaking and infuriating, 17 fucking years old man... :/

Fuck man. Sorry to hear this. 17 too fucking young man.

My family just buried my cousin a few weeks ago. He went missing four years ago and the cops just found his body about two months ago. This shit is crazy.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9162162

Damn, stay strong. :(

Slayven

Only read the plot but I would have ended PR like this.

All robos are down except for the US one, who is hurting bad with only one arm. The monsters are circling it, when the biggest one kicks the mech in such a why it's damaged arm falls into a crack full of molten lava. The pilot refusing to give up turns on the mechs' loud speakers tells the monsters to get ready, cause he was holding back before.

Just then the earth shakes and storm clouds start swirling and crazy ass lighting starts showering the mech. Fusing close all battle damage and restoring function and super charging the batteries. Making the two pilots one in mind and soul.

The mech gets up and finds it damage arm replaced with a spear like thingy made from molten lava rock. With it's other arm shrouded in lightening it si now, Gypsy Dagger Heaven and Hell Mode.

General Token( the black dude) is yelling at Charley, wanting to know what the hell is happening. In walks Hellboy chomping a cigar. He tells them they don't know shit. That the Earth is a live, and the rift is a festering open wound. It was hurting and pissed off, and it heard the generic hollywood white dude's cry and answered it by granting him the power to defend the earth.

Explaining shit time over, generic white dude tells General Mufusa to call the support people back, cause he is about to get wild.

Dubstep version of "Paint it black" starts playing.

Then the now reborn mech starts fucking up the jubroni monsters using a combo of Mauy thai and Capoeira. Until it is just the mech and the head monster. The mech does the Bruce Lee "come get your ass whooped" hand thingy. The monster gets up on the mech and starts hitting it with some sweet science type combos. The monster really has the mech on the ropes, but the pilots pull off a "wolfman has nards " type move.

Then they tackle the monster into the ocean and let it fall back to the rift. Using jump jump jets it flys out of the ocean only to dive back in and rider kick the moster into the rift. creating some bullshit feed back loop that blows up the rift and the monster.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Damn, just caught word that my cousin's wife's little brother was murdered this morning. I knew him pretty well too. He was a happy go lucky kid and one of the most polite kids you'd ever meet, but he joined a gang not too long ago. You wouldn't think that of him if you'd seen him. He's kind hearted, polite and well dressed, but a messed up upbringing and some horrible life choices took him away from this Earth far too soon. It's not confirmed to be gang related, but given the gang violence that has been rocking the city as of late, and the company he kept, it's basically a foregone conclusion at this point. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Teenager-Shot-Killed-as-San-Jose-Party-Breaks-Up-215436871.html

I grew up in a similarly rough environment, and lost siblings to gang violence, so these things always hit me a lot harder, especially since I've met the kid a dozen plus times. Shit's heartbreaking and infuriating, 17 fucking years old man... :/

My family just buried my cousin a few weeks ago. He went missing four years ago and the cops just found his body about two months ago. This shit is crazy.

Damn. Sorry to hear all of this. :( It's no joke out there.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Only read the plot but I would have ended PR like this.

All robos are down except for the US one, who is hurting bad with only one arm. The monsters are circling it, when the biggest one kicks the mech in such a why it's damaged arm falls into a crack full of molten lava. The pilot refusing to give up turns on the mechs' loud speakers tells the monsters to get ready, cause he was holding back before.

Just then the earth shakes and storm clouds start swirling and crazy ass lighting starts showering the mech. Fusing close all battle damage and restoring function and super charging the batteries. Making the two pilots one in mind and soul.

The mech gets up and finds it damage arm replaced with a spear like thingy made from molten lava rock. With it's other arm shrouded in lightening it si now, Gypsy Dagger Heaven and Hell Mode.

General Token( the black dude) is yelling at Charley, wanting to know what the hell is happening. In walks Hellboy chomping a cigar. He tells them they don't know shit. That the Earth is a live, and the rift is a festering open wound. It was hurting and pissed off, and it heard the generic hollywood white dude's cry and answered it by granting him the power to defend the earth.

Explaining shit time over, generic white dude tells General Mufusa to call the support people back, cause he is about to get wild.

Dubstep version of "Paint it black" starts playing.

Then the now reborn mech starts fucking up the jubroni monsters using a combo of Mauy thai and Capoeira. Until it is just the mech and the head monster. The mech does the Bruce Lee "come get your ass whooped" hand thingy. The monster gets up on the mech and starts hitting it with some sweet science type combos. The monster really has the mech on the ropes, but the pilots pull off a "wolfman has nards " type move.

Then they tackle the monster into the ocean and let it fall back to the rift. Using jump jump jets it flys out of the ocean only to dive back in and rider kick the moster into the rift. creating some bullshit feed back loop that blows up the rift and the monster.

You went super toku in there. Although seeing gypsy or striker rider kicking a kaiju would have gotten my black ass to stand up in theatre

cdyhybrid

Sorry to hear that. Way too young.

akira28

The mech does the Bruce Lee "come get your ass whooped" hand thingy. The monster gets up on the mech and starts hitting it with some sweet science type combos. The monster really has the mech on the ropes, but the pilots pull off a "wolfman has nards " type move.

I almost cut you a check till I reached this point....

But "wolfman has nards" does need to live again.

Heads would have exploded if Hellboy had walked in. Hollywood doesn't have the balls for that kind of thing anymore. They have all the wrong kinds of balls.

Soooo me and the fellas are downtown at a local bar and this drunk mexican comes up to us and asked "are you guys in a gang? Do you want some sandwhiches?" We sat there caught off guard, we couldnt even react.

ReiGun

My condolences to you guys and your families.

Speaking of thirsty.....BCT why yall didn't tell me about these south Korean girls doe?
invJrOS7yKgzc.gif

preferably the ones over 18

goddamn.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Beautiful. Slay, you need to use your powers to create more rather than destroy. Doom need to turn over a new leaf.

damn.

If you've never been to EVO, then make it happen. Even if it's only to spectate. Streaming it is one thing, but being with that crowd? Can't compare it.

ReiGun

I'm seriously looking into what kind of money I'm going to need to get to Evo next year. No way I'm sitting it out next year.

ReiGun

No matter what, add at least $200 to your estimate just to be safe. It IS Vegas after all!

Of course brah. Do that regardless. lol

Going to gather some friends to go with if I can. Most of my friends don't playing fighting games, but I'm sure I can convince them to go to Vegas.

ReiGun

I feel like a bastard because I'm trying to get one of my friends into GoT, and it's partly because I want to see how she reacts to that episode. lol

It's definitely something else.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
running through GoT, just watched S3E9...

icwQ29oEzQY6t.jpg

daaaaaaaaaaaamn i see why folks flipped over that.

The worst part is that you kinda have a feeling something's coming, given the situation, but damn that was really unexpected

Slayven

I almost cut you a check till I reached this point....

But "wolfman has nards" does need to live again.

Heads would have exploded if Hellboy had walked in. Hollywood doesn't have the balls for that kind of thing anymore. They have all the wrong kinds of balls.
Hollywood needs me and I work cheap.
Beautiful. Slay, you need to use your powers to create more rather than destroy. Doom need to turn over a new leaf.
I do both well.

EVO was hype as shit. I didn't go for the final day and opted to stream, long day.

See any stereotypes?

BHZ Mayor

Why was double jump banned? I dont see anything that warrant one in his post history.

I'm assuming a spoiler (now deleted) going by one of DY's earlier posts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623416

It never gets old for some reason.

It's the thinly-veiled racism disguised as grammar complaints combined with the jealousy that someone pulled off the mythical acts of getting laid and not having a micropenis.

I have no exposure to London slang and FM's tales are always pretty easy to understand. The complaints are fun to read though.

FM, you still in 'country-ass' Japan?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
FM threads still have just the right amount of lure to land entertaining bass. They're also multi-layered: you got the story itself to think about and possible ramifications, then you have the thinly-failed mad reactions from "dat grammar" GAF and virgin GAF.

You'll never leave disappointed.

Nudull

Banned

Condolences to the both of you. I'm so sorry. :c

Slayven

FM threads still have just the right amount of lure to land entertaining bass. They're also multi-layered: you got the story itself to think about and possible ramifications, then you have the thinly-failed mad reactions from urban-hate GAF and virgin GAF.

You'll never leave disappointed.

It is like a good dish, multiply flavors and complex tastes.

harSon

Banned

I'm sorry man, that's rough. Losing a loved one is hard enough, but not having closure for that long? I can't imagine. 15 too :(

I had talked to my cousin's wife's brother at a family BBQ earlier this year too. I pulled him aside when I saw the type of people he rolled up with, and told him straight up that gang life ends one of two ways, 6 feet under or locked in a cage. I hate that I was right. And thanks for the kind words ya'll, it's much appreciated.

Seeing these kids head down troubled paths because of the incompetencies of their parents, governments and environments is so damned infuriating.

Top Bottom