• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Onemic

I'm glad you all didn't catch the juror on Anderson Cooper. One choice quote: "Trayvon Martin got himself killed." -Juror B37

I thought they weren't allowed to discuss anything surrounding the case after? Looks like one of them had it in for the kid from day one :/

It makes sense. All comes from the choice to never look within. Rape situations show which guys think they're entitled to sex (whether they ever had it or not). This shows you who thinks they're entitled to stereotype or start stuff and not deal with the consequences.

Yup it all shows a basic lack of empathy and this idea that people not straight white or male have to go above and beyond to present themselves as victims.

I'll just never get over how running from someone who isn't an officer and has been following you is "suspicious." Excuse me? What kind of bullshit is this?

I'll just never get over how running from someone who isn't an officer and has been following you is "suspicious." Excuse me? What kind of bullshit is this?

Well, Neogaf Poster Devolution, if you don't have a reason to be suspicious or if you are truly innocent, then why would you be running from an authority figure in the first place? Obviously Trayvon "Mean Mug" Martin had something to hide.

RedSwirl

Internet service. I remember when all we had was Encyclopedia Britannica if you were lucky.

Werent no steam sales for this

ibm-pc.jpg

Oh man. Wait a couple days (hopefully).

Onemic

Next time someone stalks you at night over a long period of time, don't run. They're probably a friendly stranger asking you what you're doing so late at night. And if you do, you're probably asking for it.

harSon

Banned

Pretty crazy that there's potentially 4 black actors that can be nominated for Best Actor so far this year. Idris Elba in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 Years a Slave, Forest Whitaker in The Butler (LOL) and Michael B. Jordan in Fruitvale Station.

As for 12 Years a Slave, I'm a huge fan of McQueen's so I can't wait. Hopefully he still decides to make the Fela Kuti film.

I'm tired of people saying they're tired of race/people pulling 'the race card. I'm also tired of white people who say stuff like 'whites get blamed for everything'. Something you have to give black folks props for is their self deprecating sensibilities/humor. We don't like being thought of as a monolithic group, but we aren't going to front like our shit smells like roses. Black people are often our biggest critics and I wish other people could take that line of thinking, people like David Simon. Speaking of...bct should do a watch of the wire. I'm due for a rewatch.

Smh this post to the max.

Pretty crazy that there's potentially 4 black actors that can be nominated for Best Actor so far this year. Idris Elba in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 Years a Slave, Forest Whitaker in The Butler (LOL) and Michael B. Jordan in Fruitvale Station.

As for 12 Years a Slave, I'm a huge fan of McQueen's so I can't wait. Hopefully he still decides to make the Fela Kuti film.

I don't know why you're lol at Whitaker. He has the backing of the almighty "O" right now.

I closed the tab on that "The Butler" trailer when the president was like "I had no idea black people had it so bad, you changed my heart"

NOPE.gif

*will get the black nom over Onemic*

harSon

Banned
I don't know why you're lol at Whitaker. He has the backing of the almighty "O" right now.

Lee Daniels is such a stupidly heavy handed director. Thank God Ava DuVernay took over for Lee Daniels on the Martin Luther King Jr. biopic, Selma. She's not even a particularly good director at this point of her career, but at least she ain't Lee Daniels.

Although David Oyelowo is supposed to play MLK, and as much as I like him as an actor, I'm kind of bored of British actors playing Americans in every movie in existence.

The juror interviewed is just about the biggest fucking idiot. God if something ever happens please don't let the jury either at my trial or my murder be this fucking stupid.

Imm0rt4l

America putting black folks on noticed. Just your reminder that you aint shit.

The racial overtone in that interview was palpable.

I remember him saying he wanted to retire and just watch the Knicks lose for the rest of his life. This was a few years ago. So maybe the Metta World Peace signing pushed him over the edge and he is thinking of retiring and killing the Knicks FO?

I remember him saying he wanted to retire and just watch the Knicks lose for the rest of his life. This was a few years ago. So maybe the Metta World Peace signing pushed him over the edge and he is thinking of retiring and killing the Knicks FO?

Hahaha. This needs to be posted in NBA-GAF.

Top Bottom