• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Mazdaspeed 3

Looking around I discovered it is one of the hardest clutch to master, and one video review said it was similar to a professional clutch o_O.....

but that once you master it you can handle any clutch you run into in a car.

I had a 2000 Z28 camaro 300hp, but it was 4 speed automatic.

This car has a 6 speed turbo charged 263hp engine, and since its a manual the power comes on so much faster then when I had the automatic.

yeah, that's pretty hefty. How does a manual compare to...what's the term for it? Autostick? I have a Volvo S80 T6 equipped with one. 6 speed and fun to play around with, but I don't think I could handle shifting around all the time.

yeah, that's pretty hefty. How does a manual compare to...what's the term for it? Autostick? I have a Volvo S80 T6 equipped with one. 6 speed and fun to play around with, but I don't think I could handle shifting around all the time.

Actually I was looking at a Charger as well, that had auto stick. I was kind of scared off because any American car with that much technology(Push button start, key-less entry, touch screen media interface....) just would give me nightmares. One of the funniest memories of my Camaro was the sun visor just falling into my lap while driving down the highway for no reason.

I've never actually driven a car with auto stick but I know most cars that have it hold your hand so you cant redline it.

Actually I was looking at a Charger as well, that had auto stick. I was kind of scared off because any American car with that much technology(Push button start, key-less entry, touch screen media interface....) just would give me nightmares. One of the funniest memories of my Camaro was the sun visor just falling into my lap while driving down the highway for no reason.

I've never actually driven a car with auto stick but I know most cars that have it hold your hand so you cant redline it.

that might be it. I'm pretty sure those things are heavily computer controlled. I can't imagine redlining the volvo..er..ever, so I'm ok with that for now :)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
NEW STRIDER-

Developed by Double Helix

NWfVCUm.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
they have to be getting these jobs by underbidding everyone else

and given their record, that doesn't bode well for Killer Instinct or Strider

High school we used to roll around the neighborhood in a car yelling at people. Dude missed a basketball shot in your front yard, "BRICK NIGGA!", girl walking alongside of the street lookin' ratchet, "YA OWNER LOOKIN' FOR YA!"

Maybe you can do that BlackJace

BlackJace

High school we used to roll around the neighborhood in a car yelling at people. Dude missed a basketball shot in your front yard, "BRICK NIGGA!", girl walking alongside of the street lookin' ratchet, "YA OWNER LOOKIN' FOR YA!"

Maybe you can do that BlackJace

I'm grabbing my bike as we speak :p

Onemic

Do you guys hear black actors often cited as having "limited range" or are guilty of "playing themselves" even when that arguable, at best?

Isn't that the same for most actors?

Robert Downey plays Robert Downey
Jack Nicholson plays Jack Nicholson
Johnny Depp plays Johnny Depp

I wouldn't say it's not true about black actors though, like most they tend to be shoehorned into specific roles.(actually, it's probably more than most )

harSon

Banned
Do you guys hear black actors often cited as having "limited range" or are guilty of "playing themselves" even when that arguable, at best?

Yup, I've brought it up in the past. Also, black actors and actresses are always accused of picking terrible roles/films. And if that's true, either black people are inherently shit at picking roles, or there's something else at play.

That movie is going to be a fucking mess.

My friend and I have been saying the same thing. I mean, really Fox - to begin, you have the perfect excuse to milk movies... it's why ASM exists and you're rebooting F4. And we know that you're going to make another X-Men movie, so - why are you putting so much in a movie that will clearly suffer for it?

But I don't trust any superhero movies that Fox puts out to begin with.

Spinluck

My friend and I have been saying the same thing. I mean, really Fox - to begin, you have the perfect excuse to milk movies... it's why ASM exists and you're rebooting F4. And we know that you're going to make another X-Men movie, so - why are you putting so much in a movie that will clearly suffer for it?

They should've just made a sequel to First Class.

I know that's sort of what Days of Future Past is, but holy shit is it gonna be stuffed.

Slayven

For one thing they don't respect the source, rami Spiderman, parts of Nolan Batman respect where they come from and that resonates with folks. Marvel takes it to 11 with their "You don't like comics? Too fucking bad cause it is balls to the wall" approach. That is why Avengers made that Arab money(RIP Flipmode Squad).

Fox is taking a 40 page story and trying to shove the whole X-men universe into it. And I don't appreciate that bitchmade move of shoving QS and Scarlet Witch in there after Whedon announced his intention.

For one thing they don't respect the source, rami Spiderman, parts of Nolan Batman respect where they come from and that resonates with folks. Marvel takes it to 11 with their "You don't like comics? Too fucking bad cause it is balls to the wall" approach. That is why Avengers made that Arab money(RIP Flipmode Squad).

Fox is taking a 40 page story and trying to shove the whole X-men universe into it. And I don't appreciate that bitchmade move of shoving QS and Scarlet Witch in there after Whedon announced his intention.

Gospel.

We HOPE that the movie can be good. They are taking a lot of liberties with the story. But will see. Its exciting to see Bishop on the screen.

EDIT: That Strider looks wishy washy as fuck. I dont know man it just doesnt do anything for me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

thats good at least

dude, raimi didnt respect spiderman enough to get a good peter parker/spider man, and nolan would rather make batman movies featuring batman rather than starring him. but spiderman and batman are huge names, and they treat them as such. wolverine is gonna get that money. but days? people dont know who 95% of these fucking characters are, and fox isnt gonna build up to them. the same can be said for the fantastic 4. no character buildup, all fucking flash.

Slayven

thats good at least

dude, raimi didnt respect spiderman enough to get a good peter parker/spider man, and nolan would rather make batman movies featuring batman rather than starring him. but spiderman and batman are huge names, and they treat them as such. wolverine is gonna get that money. but days? people dont know who 95% of these fucking characters are, and fox isnt gonna build up to them. the same can be said for the fantastic 4. no character buildup, all fucking flash.

I was trying to be civil. But yeah, you right.,

Onemic

thats good at least

I thought Tobey Maguire was a good Peter Parker :/

At least for the first 2 films

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I thought Tobey Maguire was a good Peter Parker :/

At least for the first 2 films

onemic, im gonna be really honest with you.

no. he wasnt. i saw the first movie and wrote the whole damn series off because of it. hes the worst version of spider-man/peter parker in recent memory.

Deprive

onemic, im gonna be really honest with you.

no. he wasnt. i saw the first movie and wrote the whole damn series off because of it. hes the worst version of spider-man/peter parker in recent memory.

Real Talk I liked Andrew's Spidey more.

Also that x-men movie is probably going to suck. Their putting in to much shit, just like X3 :|

Top Bottom