• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

If I was President in my second term I would be real as fuck.

He should just show up like this to press conferences.

obamasmoking.jpg

DominoKid

Best twitter comment on this haha

Damn LOL.

It's shit like this "controversy" that makes me wonder why the hell conservatives are so afraid. I just cannot fathom how they find any fault in what he said.

It's not like he came out on some, "My blackness will not allow me to consider anything except Zimmerman killed him because he's racist" shit.

Yeah I hope Obama continues to keep it real, if only to let these idiots expose themselves.

Most of Gaf probably lives in Utah honestly (no offense to the state). Not one word allowed on race whatsoever on this board.

As i said before Gaf is socially liberal on Gay issues, thats it.

Bros I need to rant.

For the first time in my life I am realizing that most of my dad's side of my family shouldn't reproduce. One of my 2nd cousin's just went in on his uncle. You know how I posted that shit about my little cousin being killed on orders from the Mexican mafia? Well his father (my first cousin) is the reason all this happened. So my uncle, my other cousin, and I got into a huge fight with my dad, uncle, aunt, and cousins. There on some "well it wasn't David's fault his son died" when they know that it was 100% his fault. His Biker ass stole fucking money and drugs from the Mexican's for the Hells Angels. Then my dad has the gull to ask why I don't take my son around his side. I was raised seeing some crazy shit and I don't want my son around that life.

DominoKid

People are telling on themselves so bad when they try and act like Obama didnt just keep it 300. Some of these motherfuckers need to look in the mirror and just admit that they arent ready for a serious effort at a discussion on race. Shit most people dont have any interest in it either.

And it's about time Obama decided to talk about it.

"Yo, you saw Al Sharpton's girl? Damn, nigga"

It would be like I was trying to recreate Ether every time I talk to someone on the other side.

People are telling on themselves so bad when they try and act like Obama didnt just keep it 300. Some of these motherfuckers need to look in the mirror and just admit that they arent ready for a serious effort at a discussion on race. Shit most people dont have any interest in it either.

That's the problem people think it can go away by not looking at it. When in reality all it does is boil out of control.

Imm0rt4l

Bros I need to rant.

For the first time in my life I am realizing that most of my dad's side of my family shouldn't reproduce. One of my 2nd cousin's just went in on his uncle. You know how I posted that shit about my little cousin being killed on orders from the Mexican mafia? Well his father (my first cousin) is the reason all this happened. So my uncle, my other cousin, and I got into a huge fight with my dad, uncle, aunt, and cousins. There on some "well it wasn't David's fault his son died" when they know that it was 100% his fault. His Biker ass stole fucking money and drugs from the Mexican's for the Hells Angels. Then my dad has the gull to ask why I don't take my son around his side. I was raised seeing some crazy shit and I don't want my son around that life.
I know those Hells Angels n other biker gangs are not to be fucked with.

Nakazato

Bros I need to rant.

Bailout

Who knew TheKaeptain was 'bout dat life

he always seemed like one of the good ones to me, reading books and posting updates on twitter and shit

Bros I need to rant.

Shiiiit. Can't fault you for acting like part of your family doesn't exist, your son's well being takes priority over all.

And it's about time Obama decided to talk about it.

In order to be ready for a race discussion they need some education on the subject, but most info seems to directly contradict their preconceived notions. I'm not holding my breath.

you know growing up, learning about slavery and civil rights, jim crow and shit, I honestly thought I was lucky as shit I was born in the time I was, in the place that I was.

Not as bad as it used to be, doesn't mean it's still not bad

I know those Hells Angels n other biker gangs are not to be fucked with.
I could tell you some stories about my encounters with them. One of my uncle's was heavy into that shit before he died in jail. My dad and one of my uncle are the only two that never went down that path.

I don't go around them. I didn't even go to my cousin's funeral because I didn't want to be see with those type of people. Ended up that cops were there watching them too. Taking pictures of who talked to who. From what my cousin said the side of the family that doesn't fuck with that shit was on one side and the bikers were on the other. My uncle ended up ethering the fuck out of some of the Bikers.

It's weird because it's like there are two sides to my dad's family and my dad being a nice guy is the person in between them. I still think he has done some shit before though. I was in a club once and some bikers roll up. They just walk in I catch the eye of the oldest guy with them. He walks over and says "Are you Bobby's son?" So I'm like "who the fuck are you?" He tells me that I should get my friend's, any girls I have been talking to, and leave because I don't want to be there right now. So I don't ask questions because I know, you know?

you know growing up, learning about slavery and civil rights, jim crow and shit, I honestly thought I was lucky as shit I was born in the time I was, in the place that I was.

Not as bad as it used to be, doesn't mean it's still not bad

Absolutely. It's not perfect, but I have no interest in being brown in the 50s.

You're saying that a comedian, host of The Man Show, and comic relief contributor on Loveline said something dumb? Well god damn.

It's funny how passionately ignorant he is. I always get tripped out by that. If you're so passionate...shouldn't you do more research and learn more on the subject?

Who knew TheKaeptain was 'bout dat life

he always seemed like one of the good ones to me, reading books and posting updates on twitter and shit

My dad kept me out of that shit but at the same time I was exposed to it because of my other family. I also don't fuck with the Mexican guys I grew up with because they're on some Norteños shit that I can't get down with. So I stick to myself when I am back in Central Cali. It's the reason I hardly talk about doing shit on twitter when I am home. I just chill with my kid and pops.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bros I need to rant.

Bruh its the smart move. Even a weekend alone with bad relatives can impart a ton of bad habits on kids. Their impressionable and living wild will always seem like fun because they won't see the negative side due to being only temporarily exposed to that lifestyle.

I think it's much more fun/manageable with friends

Hence why I sent you an invite. But if you still on it when I get it back I'm with you. And for some reason I've been having an itch to play Marvel or Street lately. Its probably fleeting but I may buy Super again.

I'm glad Obama spoke out. Rather I'm proud he said something that needed to be said.

harSon

Banned
Bros I need to rant.

You're definitely making the right choice. There's no reason to subject your loved ones to that BS, and merely being around them is the equivalent of putting yourself in harm's way. I speak from experience in that regard. Do what's best for you and your family.

Slayven

Or women palming their drinks.

Also because I'm in a particularly shitty mood, some people's liberalism only extends as far out as their own limitations.

I never understand the people that want lessen shit by nitpicking it.

He isn't black he is half white.

Men can be sexualized too.

Moris we want us to roll on these fools?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdZVjhWF3A

"We ain't given up our Nintendos."

I actually had tons of those when I was 9 or 10 cause they were 50¢ at Tams(burger joint) growing up.

I used to leave with 2 or 3 of them every time I went by, needless to say, I was fin to have a homies rollerz marathon.

Also because I'm in a particularly shitty mood, some people's liberalism only extends as far out as their own limitations.

"ugly people have it worse than actual minorities. Denzel Washington is a millionaire."

Top Bottom