• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

ReiGun

On the upside, Days of Future Past is sporting a pretty godlike cast. Stewart, Mckellan, Fassbender, Dinkelage, Jackman, Berry, etc.

On the downside, that cast is getting so bloated, I cannot see imagine the movie not being a fucking mess.

Slayven

On the upside, Days of Future Past is sporting a pretty godlike cast. Stewart, Mckellan, Fassbender, Dinkelage, Jackman, Berry, etc.

On the downside, that cast is getting so bloated, I cannot see imagine the movie not being a fucking mess.

I know they were adding shit just to add shit when Bing Bing Blink got casted.

Onemic

onemic, im gonna be really honest with you.

no. he wasnt. i saw the first movie and wrote the whole damn series off because of it. hes the worst version of spider-man/peter parker in recent memory.

wat.

This is the first time Im hearing the amazing spiderman is better than Raimi's. Dude did a good job. I guess Garfields spidey is more like peter parker in the animated series spiderman/comic book since he's less of a complete socially awkward nerd. I was turned off by him at first, but he did a good job playing the part. I'm pretty sure that's the direction Raimi wanted to take with Peter Parker and movie(up to the 2nd) didn't really suffer as a result of that. Sure if you want to be hard nosed about it being 100% faithful to the comic, then I guess he isn't good, but there isn't a single comic book movie out there that is 100% faithful to the source material. It just doesn't happen.

The problem with Tobey's Peter is he was the same fucking person at the beginning of the series as he was in the end. That probably has more to do with Tobey's limited range than it does the actual writing.

Atheists/agnostics really need to come to the realization that religion and church are just about all some people have.

Thats a prolific statement enlighten us as to why you feel this way. Did something go down?

I hate Kristen Dunst as Mary Jane. All I could see were her teeth. Tobey can act but unfortunately its like he was in one mode throughout Spider-man. Garfields Parker was alright but he was more of an asshole Spidey and an emotional Parker. I dont know if we ever gonna get one actor that can solidify both characters and not just be good at one.
But again the ramblings of a mad man folks.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
wat.

This is the first time Im hearing the amazing spiderman is better than Raimi's. Dude did a good job. I guess Garfields spidey is more like peter parker in the animated series spiderman/comic book since he's less of a complete socially awkward nerd. I was turned off by him at first, but he did a good job playing the part. I'm pretty sure that's the direction Raimi wanted to take with Peter Parker and movie(up to the 2nd) didn't really suffer as a result of that. Sure if you want to be hard nosed about it being 100% faithful to the comic, then I guess he isn't good, but there isn't a single comic book movie out there that is 100% faithful to the source material. It just doesn't happen.

im far from being comic faithful. but there are many variations of peter parker that are different, that all capture the spirit of pete and spidey better than mcguire did. he is the worst spider-man ive seen acted out. i couldnt look past him hamming it up on screen to see the script

Thats a prolific statement enlighten us as to why you feel this way. Did something go down?

I hate Kristen Dunst as Mary Jane. All I could see were her teeth. Tobey can act but unfortunately its like he was in one mode throughout Spider-man. Garfields Parker was alright but he was more of an asshole Spidey and an emotional Parker. I dont know if we ever gonna get one actor that can solidify both characters and not just be good at one.
But again the ramblings of a mad man folks.

Been annoying me lately how people can't see past religion/church being a community for some folks, especially if they're poor and the government is constantly beating them down.

Gorillaz

That's one of the reasons I don't really come down hard on those that still do attend church services. It serves as a community/union for them and is needed especially in today's world.

Spinluck

The problem with Tobey's Peter is he was the same fucking person at the beginning of the series as he was in the end. That probably has more to do with Tobey's limited range than it does the actual writing.

I ALWAYS FUCKING SAY THIS. It's as if he never learns shit. I also felt like there was no reason for him to like MJ, besides the fact that she's MJ, and Peter is supposed to like her. No chemistry between them. I still think Spider-Man 2 is the best in the franchise- a lot of that movie just felt right.. it was a well made film, but I do not put it on the same pedestal as some of the people who absolutely hate TASM.

Been annoying me lately how people can't see past religion/church being a community for some folks, especially if they're poor and the government is constantly beating them down.

Yea my parents were going through some hard times raising me. Financially and emotionally. Our church at the time really helped them through it, they were some really nice people, and had a lot of programs to aid struggling families. Although I'm no longer a Christian, I'm always thankful for what they did for us at the time. Not all Christians or churches are the same, so to clump them all into some negative light is unfair.

Imm0rt4l

NAJimoj.jpg

Al got it like that?

dat guap, that is....

Gorillaz

is that really him tho? His head looks photoshopped to hell

or his neck just likes fucked....looking at Al feels like I'm looking at a pop up book

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Not all Christians or churches are the same, so to clump them all into some negative light is unfair.

This, all of it.

I've recently found (especially in the industry) a lot more militant minded atheists/ agnostics who seem determined to get into arguments about why they are right. As someone who's never actively tried to convert anyone, my unwillingness to engage them only serves to fuel their anger.

I'm not stupid, i can think for myself AND i have faith. Why isn't that enough for some peeps?

DominoKid

This, all of it.

I've recently found (especially in the industry) a lot more militant minded atheists/ agnostics who seem determined to get into arguments about why they are right. As someone who's never actively tried to convert anyone, my unwillingness to engage them only serves to fuel their anger.

I'm not stupid, i can think for myself AND i have faith. Why isn't that enough for some peeps?

the negatives always color the discussions, because if they didn't there wouldn't really be much to talk about. it's a lot easier to rag on people with blind faith, just as it is to rag on militant atheists.

Apparently, Sharpton, who is 58 (no, really), is dating Westchester, New York “personal stylist” (whatever the hell that it) Aisha McShaw who is 35. There are no details as to where the pair met, but she has accompanied Al to several high-profile events, including the Obamas’ White House Christmas party, and has told at least one red carpet reporter that she’s Al’s girlfriend, a fact she seems surprisingly comfortable with.

http://nakeddc.com/2013/07/17/al-sharpton-has-a-really-hot-girlfriend/

Al Sharpton looks like a bobblehead.

And people keep forgetting that he's a Reverend. Preachers have a +20 to getting laid, no matter their marriage status.

Onemic

This, all of it.

I just find it so ironic because they end up looking like those that they actively despise. Evangelical religious nuts. Same thing, different clothes.

Slayven

Oh heads up. Remember that epic video of the chick catching the chair and shit? I found out hte background on that, that happened at a drag convention that turned into a riot.

Didn't he have to lose a ton of weight for health reasons?

He had that bypass surgery.

Wow can't believe Obama actually said that.

I guess he doesn't have to worry about a 3rd term, so why not. He's gonna say motherfuck Ronald Reagan soon.

Day 2 with the new car.

Getting a hang of getting into first gear, only stalled 2 times, and I even did a slight incline start.

Think I need to get some regular shoes for driving, because there is so much padding on my cross trainers it's hard to get a feel for the clutch.

Top Bottom