• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

harSon

Banned
cant fuck with rum. I get to drunk to fast. Graduation Party + Me + Rum= 20 dollar steak I didnt even remember having.... Yet there are pictures.

I wonder if bish agrees

Edit: completely agree with everything said

That's the fucking worst. I had to start leaving my debit card at home, and taking X amount of money with me when I went out drinking, cause I would purchase stupid ass shit or a ridiculous amount of drinks at the bars/clubs.

Nakazato

That is bish.

Seriously

That's the fucking worst. I had to start leaving my debit card at home, and taking X amount of money with me when I went out drinking, cause I would purchase stupid ass shit or a ridiculous amount of drinks at the bars/clubs.

Yea I was so fucked up that night I remember my telling me I passed out on the floor and I had a music video shoot the next morning so my hangover was punishment.

Satch

Banned
Paging Satch

u rang?

i dont drink anymore

it runs counter to my fitness goals
iZsKulnUulFKO.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tea cup shits. Damn. As for me I can't fuck with light liquor at all except for Bacardi. Everything else tastes like shit to me

I don't think anyone in my circle knew how to drink til we hit 23.

Before that all we did was get fucked up

Yeah, that is a magical moment when you learn the deference.

Back in the army the young cats thought it was all about getting fuckered up. There is nothing like that light buzz where you are coherent yet everything feels amazing.

And sipping is where its at. That gradual climb where everything is working in unison. I am guilty of shots with glasses. I mean those porcelain cups that everybody and they momma have in the house.....

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
This guy knows what's up. I agree completely concerning his commentary on race in general.

God damn @ that 2K guy though:

"I don't like hip-hop gamer"

then doubles down on it when he realizes it isn't him:

"you're all the same anyway"

I'd have flipped out for real. Kudos to him for his restraint.

DominoKid

BET Awards tonight got a solid performance lineup

Stevie Wonder
Charlie Wilson
Janelle Monae & Erykah Badu
Kendrick Lamar
J. Cole
R. Kelly
Chris Brown
India.Arie
2Chainz
Miguel
Ciara & Nicki Minaj
Mariah Carey
Justin Timberlake
Robin Thicke x T.I. x Pharrell

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Stevie Wonder
Charlie Wilson
Kendrick Lamar
J. Cole
R. Kelly
Chris Brown
India.Arie
2Chainz
Miguel
Ciara & Nicki Minaj
Mariah Carey
Justin Timberlake

#wherestherachet

DominoKid

Who here watches the Hip Hop Awards? I just...can't.

i watch it just because it's the only hip hop award show of relevance. the cyphers are cool and sometimes the show is amusing.
the grammys is some bullshit. they treat the rap game like second class citizens.
the billboard awards at least plays it straight w/ the fact that they're all about the numbers.
the VMAs are cool for the performances. artists tend to go full out spectacle for that show

zero_suit

Stevie Wonder
Charlie Wilson
Kendrick Lamar
J. Cole
R. Kelly
Chris Brown
India.Arie
2Chainz
Miguel
Ciara & Nicki Minaj
Mariah Carey
Justin Timberlake

I wonder what Miguel will do this time.

BlackJace

I only watch for the cyphers. The actual award ceremonies are short. It might as well be a concert.
Yeah, the cyphers are undoubtely my favorite part of it.

i watch it just because it's the only hip hop award show of relevance. the cyphers are cool and sometimes the show is amusing.
the grammys is some bullshit. they treat the rap game like second class citizens.
the billboard awards at least plays it straight w/ the fact that they're all about the numbers.
the VMAs are cool for the performances. artists tend to go full out spectacle for that show
Eh, I don't know, sometimes they get a little too ignorant for me, but I agree that it's really the only relevant rap expose, which is a damn shame.

hypernima

Banned
Ya'll really bout to watch that ain't ya'll.
I haven't watched BET in ages. They got Steve Harvey still hosting that joint?

Gorillaz

I think Steve does the whole celebration of gospel thing. Since now he is a "christian"...or at least the fam thinks he is now.

Slayven

Ya'll really bout to watch that ain't ya'll.
I haven't watched BET in ages. They got Steve Harvey still hosting that joint?

Shit they can't afford him, he making that safe money now. They got Tony Rock, I know who the dude is. But he ain't big time. I could probably get him to do a fish fry at the church for 200 bucks and a plate.

Nakazato

I wish UPN was still around. We need a new source awards keeping it real always went wrong.

I'm impressed that Miguel hasn't been forever shamed for what he did. Glad to see he is trying to move on.
We getting leg drop 2.0 tonight

God Kaye's Graduation CD is SO GOOD i forgot how good it was.

Fuck New Kaye

BHZ Mayor

I bet BET came to Chris Tucker like,
"I know you don't have work. I know this, but I'ma get you on TV tonight. It's Sunday. You ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do. You might as well host the BET Awards."

I bet BET came to Chris Tucker like,
"I know you don't have work. I know this, but I'ma get you on TV tonight. It's Sunday. You ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do. You might as well host the BET Awards."

He need to quit bullshitting and reprise his Oscar snubbed role that is Smokey.

Smokey>>>Dayday

Nakazato

Top Bottom