• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Soooo......

She's not cheating, but some nigga in accounting at her job has been trying to holla. The dinner was to put it out in the open and apologize. She hasn't accepted his advances but she locked her phone so yeah there's that. She flirting with him. I'm no fool.

I ask her what she wanted from me and if she wanted the marriage to work. Her response was she wanted the marriage to work. Then I proceeded to ask her if she wanted the marriage to work because she loves me or because she can't stomach the idea of me moving on with some other woman with the man she's helped create (Since she's been there since I graduated from college) Got silence bro. LOL!!!!

I told her we need to continue this conversation later if she seriously wants this marriage to work and she needs to be quick about it. We have two kids in the middle of this and a 3rd coming home from basic training in less than 2 weeks that we need to help get established. Then she really felt like crap when she realized what I was getting at. The fact that I've been there for her just as much as she's been there for me. Who got her son a car? I did. Who helped the kid get his first job? I did. Who helped the kid overcome bad grades and a abusive father and get his high school diploma? I did.

But hey if you want to throw all that away for a guy who's offering you a trip to the Bahamas and shit on the guy who got your credit score from 512 to 787. The guy who has 15k set aside and counting for the house that you want in Wake Forest. More power to you.

Then I told her as much she plays with the guy in accounting I have double the ratchet ass hoes in Durham waiting for a nigga like me to save them and take her spot. Dead silence on ride back home with the exception of the occasional sob from the passenger seat.

DY mode powering down....

*in west Georgia a man is clapping giving a cat he met online a standing ovation*

Hit her with that tall glass of logic with a no bullshit chaser. Served up with a side of no ignorance and a dash of gangsta. I'm proud of you money. I hope everything goes well for you. And that cat in accounting is in need of that dehumanizing.

Slayven

Never understood dudes that seriously holla at married chicks, especially ones where they work with.

It's sleazy and can go wrong in so many ways.

If Gotem was a wrong minded brotha, he could catch the dude in the parking lot and everybody be out of work.

Nakazato

Soooo......

She's not cheating, but some nigga in accounting at her job has been trying to holla. The dinner was to put it out in the open and apologize. She hasn't accepted his advances but she locked her phone so yeah there's that. She flirting with him. I'm no fool.

I ask her what she wanted from me and if she wanted the marriage to work. Her response was she wanted the marriage to work. Then I proceeded to ask her if she wanted the marriage to work because she loves me or because she can't stomach the idea of me moving on with some other woman with the man she's helped create (Since she's been there since I graduated from college) Got silence bro. LOL!!!!

I told her we need to continue this conversation later if she seriously wants this marriage to work and she needs to be quick about it. We have two kids in the middle of this and a 3rd coming home from basic training in less than 2 weeks that we need to help get established. Then she really felt like crap when she realized what I was getting at. The fact that I've been there for her just as much as she's been there for me. Who got her son a car? I did. Who helped the kid get his first job? I did. Who helped the kid overcome bad grades and a abusive father and get his high school diploma? I did.

But hey if you want to throw all that away for a guy who's offering you a trip to the Bahamas and shit on the guy who got your credit score from 512 to 787. The guy who has 15k set aside and counting for the house that you want in Wake Forest. More power to you.

Then I told her as much she plays with the guy in accounting I have double the ratchet ass hoes in Durham waiting for a nigga like me to save them and take her spot. Dead silence on ride back home with the exception of the occasional sob from the passenger seat.

DAMN.. You need to leave bro. I know im not one to talk tho. But you count all that shit up. She just wants you to sponsor her. While she can get some on the side. You can find a nice white woman like Devo
nothing but love for you sista devo
. Find someone that really is going to want you. Cause she dont want to lose the money you make

And Beat that dude's ASS
"Who left all these baby blasians in here?"

Free Mufasa

Oh just saw the update.

Fact that she had to lock up her phone =/.

Yeah that speaks volumes especially if you been with someone for years. When me and mine had our issues the first thing I did was check her cell. When I found evidence I prone that motherfucker and told her buy a new one. And change the number. No fucks were given.

Nakazato

Yeah that speaks volumes especially if you been with someone for years. When me and mine had our issues the first thing I did was check her cell. When I found evidence I prone that motherfucker and told her buy a new one. And change the number. No fucks were given.

He shouldn't even have to deal with that shit.

ReiGun

So I guess ugly MinoritIes are just Screwed

RIP Reigun
Nah, I'm one of the good ones. I'm gonna make it thanks to all the white friends in my back pocket.

doesn't Reigun got that prep school money. Their might be hope.

Edit: maybe being from bmore cancels that out

It does. (And my school was a public school actually. It was just that you needed certain grades and test scores to get in and stay. :|)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Soooo......

Very rarely do I see someone on GAF handle their shit as confidently as you have.

Gotemrunnin... on my planet, it means hope

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Soooo......

My man, props for keeping it real. You hit her with the "You know you done fucked up" and then hit her with the bigger picture.... You got some leverage now....idk what/how you can use it, or even if you should, but its there now.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
GotEmRunnin handling his bidness. Wherever the direction goes, I hope things work out for you.

So...Only God Forgives. Is Gosling's next movie going to be a silent film? lol This shit is awesome, but...lol.

Soooo......

*salute*

Hope everything works out for you, man

As an accounting brotha myself, whoever this fool is shames me. Not only is he seriously trying to holla at a co-worker, but a MARRIED one at that. What part of the game is that, nigga? This can't be life, b.

FyreWulff

Good luck, Gotemrunnin

Also, signed up for one of those calorie tracker sites. They gave me a 1,785 calorie budget. All the ads are for Playtex bras and Crystal Light.

As an accounting brotha myself, whoever this fool is shames me. Not only is he seriously trying to holla at a co-worker, but a MARRIED one at that. What part of the game is that, nigga? This can't be life, b.

Trying to make some transactions on other people's ledgers

Imm0rt4l

Soooo......

Damn....Good luck bro

Accounting major myself, I've taken a few looks around the class.... plenty simple looking guys. And Probably the most boring group of people I've ever been around.

FyreWulff

Yo, pass me that shit, Fyre I gotta watch myself

www.myfitnesspal.com

Was recommended to my mom by her heart doctor. She went from 189 to 177 so far, I think after two months. It's basically Weight Watcher's online thing minus the cost.

I figure since I got her to use Mint and got her aware of her finances, I'd try her site and see where my dietary transactions are going

They have a society?

The League of Ordinary Gentlemen

The Accounting Society meetings are the least charismatic "events' I've ever attended

I entertain the idea of switching to finance in hopes it's more like BoilerRoom. Doing lines and renting Sports cars for spur the moment Vegas trips that end with us burying something in the desert, you know, fun stuff.

Slayven

I entertain the idea of switching to finance in hopes it's more like BoilerRoom. Doing lines and renting Sports cars for spur the moment Vegas trips that end with us burying something in the desert, you know, fun stuff.

Yeah I respect finance, if I was a rapper i be name dropping Madoff and Lee Iococo. The biggest drug dealers only do shit in the millions. Madoff ripped rich white people for billions. That is shit worth bragging bout.

Zeus Molecules

Boiler room should be a bigger cult classic in the hood. Same for there will be blood. Both movies are basically classic rise from nothing gangster movies but based on different types of commodities.

Yeah I respect finance, if I was a rapper i be name dropping Madoff and Lee Iococo. The biggest drug dealers only do shit in the millions. Madoff ripped rich white people for billions. That is shit worth bragging bout.

That would be too real for rappers. Rick Ross is talking about "oil money" and that is vague enough for most listeners to just ignore all the money he really lost due to Reebok cutting ties with him....

Iacoco though would be cool to here rhymed with.

Slayven

Boiler room should be a bigger cult classic in the hood. Same for there will be blood. Both movies are basically classic rise from nothing gangster movies but based on different types of commodities.

That would be too real for rappers. Rick Ross is talking about "oil money" and that is vague enough for most listeners to just ignore all the money he really lost due to Reebok cutting ties with him....

Iacoco though would be cool to here rhymed with.

"I Drink Your Milkshake"

Daniel Day Lewis, that nigga know he be actting.

Gotem kept it real without keepin it real. Wish you the best in these upcoming challenges.

Btw, can we not turn this into a joke on black women thing.

My man, props for keeping it real. You hit her with the "You know you done fucked up" and then hit her with the bigger picture.... You got some leverage now....idk what/how you can use it, or even if you should, but its there now.

Leverage that should be kept at all times.

I had leverage and she had leverage. We had that shit llike the end of the cold war until shit got right and we both stopped being assholes.

Im serious GotEm.

Treat that shit like MAD(Mutually Assured Destruction). She even think about going south the let her know.

Nakazato

Good luck, Gotemrunnin

Also, signed up for one of those calorie tracker sites. They gave me a 1,785 calorie budget. All the ads are for Playtex bras and Crystal Light.

Trying to make some transactions on other people's ledgers

Im at 1600 a day. Sucks man GF had pizza to night i had a 3-4 oz hamburger :( still hungry

still got about 400 cals or so left so Im going to eat a granola bar and maybe a salad

Yo, pass me that shit, Fyre I gotta watch myself

http://caloriecount.about.com/

is what i use

*Raises hand*

I've always wanted to be a decoy.

If your from the DMV Your always a decoy. They be watching you get a coke. Yet they getting robbed by 10 other ppl.

Onemic

Im at 1600 a day. Sucks man GF had pizza to night i had a 3-4 oz hamburger :( still hungry

still got about 400 cals or so left so Im going to eat a granola bar and maybe a salad

is what i use

If your from the DMV Your always a decoy. They be watching you get a coke. Yet they getting robbed by 10 other ppl.

Mines at 2100 I think, but I know it's just bullshitting me with my low ass metabolism. I eat more than 1800 and the pounds start comin.

FyreWulff

is what i use

I should use multiple ones and average out. Because fuck:

FwviHML.png

One can and I'm done with sugar for the day

edit: the about.com one has a barcode scanning app? that's pretty damn cool

harSon

Banned
When I did low-carb, I never really worried about calories. It's pretty hard to over eat from a caloric standpoint when you're eating mainly meat and vegetables.

Nakazato

When I did low-carb, I never really worried about calories. It's pretty hard to over eat from a caloric standpoint when you're eating mainly meat and vegetables.

True. Sadly im dieting an a budget calories are easier on the wallet lol

It's still good, huh?

It might just be this episode

Gary Antony Williams aka smart brother aka Uncle Rukus is in tonight and maggie from the walking dead (and zombie kick wayne brady in the chest). still a really fun show.

FyreWulff

I had pretty good success with keto before. Problem is being able to actually stay on keto. Vancouver just made keto plain unaffordable for me

I found that a carb-up day(or 36 hour period after your Friday workout) where you fill up on a lot of carbs won't kill you. In fact, it's an essential part of the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet, as weight lifting uses carbohydrates as energy, so you need to "re-fuel" your glycogen storage with a proper amount of carbs. So you basically get a cheat day as it were to go crazy on pasta, pizza, rice, bread, potatoes. Just try to keep away from the fruits/sugars/Fructose, that doesn't work as well.

Imm0rt4l

I'm a strong believer in refeed/carb up days. I can see the difference when I'm depleted and deprived of carbs. I wake up looking really flat. But after a refeed day, my muscle bellies are much fuller.

unless you're fats are high, like on keto then I don't think it would be too difficult to hit a surplus.

is what i use

It sucks, but counting calories makes you get creative. Some people know how to get some decent volume on low calories, but that's usually at the expense of fats since they're the most calorie dense macronutrient. I haven't used Myfitnesspal in like a month. I stopped using it since my body seemingly does not want to get sub 190lbs, I have to actively work to maintain my current weight, I could easily balloon back up to 215 without trying.

trixx

So i was having a discussion with a few of my friends today about preferences in relationship. I have a mixed friend who only says he only dates white girls and i asked why not black girls and responded because of their attitudes which i found was extremely ignnorant. On the other hand my asian friens didnt actually say he only likes asian girls but i basically said it for him and i guess his reasoning is because he finds them attractive. My other friend replied "you're a racist" and i asked him how does that make him a racist, and he replied "Because you don't find other females as attractive".

I don't think thats his reasoning but i think it's simply because he is just attracted to asian girls and familliar with them, generally people like to stick within their culture (i guess). Anyways does having a preference in dating make you racist? I see it as stupid but i don't understand how it automatically deems you as a racist.

Nakazato

I'm a strong believer in refeed/carb up days. I can see the difference when I'm depleted and deprived of carbs. I wake up looking really flat. But after a refeed day, my muscle bellies are much fuller.

unless you're fats are high, like on keto then I don't think it would be too difficult to hit a surplus.

It sucks, but counting calories makes you get creative. Some people know how to get some decent volume on low calories, but that's usually at the expense of fats since they're the most calorie dense macronutrient. I haven't used Myfitnesspal in like a month. I stopped using it since my body seemingly does not want to get sub 190lbs, I have to actively work to maintain my current weight, I could easily balloon back up to 215 without trying.
In college i went from 243 to 160 or so... After college I was even heavier that I was before I started college. But then again living in the south Gravy is like salad dressing. I remember going home for thanks giving and gaining 15 pound in 5 day or so

Zeus Molecules

"I Drink Your Milkshake"

Daniel Day Lewis, that nigga know he be actting.

I mean switch oil for cocaine and tell me that he would have acted any differently?

He wouldn't have at all. Same fuck you pay me attitude. Same problems with the distributors trying to play him. Same bribes would have had to be paid. Same issues with his supposed family trying to get his paper/be his rival. Only difference was oil was involved and we didn't get to see him go to jail for his crimes.

As for boiler room that shit was a movie about cornerboys

cdyhybrid

Depends on your reason for that preference. If that's truly what you're attracted to, there's not really anything you can do about that (although it seems like maybe expanding your horizons is something that would happen naturally with more life experience). I feel like "I only like X race" isn't what I just mentioned a lot of the time, though.

Onemic

So i was having a discussion with a few of my friends today about preferences in relationship. I have a mixed friend who only says he only dates white girls and i asked why not black girls and responded because of their attitudes which i found was extremely ignnorant. On the other hand my asian friens didnt actually say he only likes asian girls but i basically said it for him and i guess his reasoning is because he finds them attractive. My other friend replied "you're a racist" and i asked him how does that make him a racist, and he replied "Because you don't find other females as attractive".

I don't think thats his reasoning but i think it's simply because he is just attracted to asian girls and familliar with them, generally people like to stick within their culture (i guess). Anyways does having a preference in dating make you racist? I see it as stupid but i don't understand how it automatically deems you as a racist.

To me, having a preference is fine, it's when you outright exclude other groups(ie. I'd never date a 'insert race here' person) is when I raise my brow.

Top Bottom