• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Kreed

Went out to the Trayvon Martin vigil in Miami. Lots of cops and T-shirt sales men, but otherwise it was like an outdoor church service with signs.

So i was having a discussion with a few of my friends today about preferences in relationship. I have a mixed friend who only says he only dates white girls and i asked why not black girls and responded because of their attitudes which i found was extremely ignnorant. On the other hand my asian friens didnt actually say he only likes asian girls but i basically said it for him and i guess his reasoning is because he finds them attractive. My other friend replied "you're a racist" and i asked him how does that make him a racist, and he replied "Because you don't find other females as attractive".

I don't think thats his reasoning but i think it's simply because he is just attracted to asian girls and familliar with them, generally people like to stick within their culture (i guess). Anyways does having a preference in dating make you racist? I see it as stupid but i don't understand how it automatically deems you as a racist.

To me, a dating preference is when you "prefer" to date someone with x trait but aren't exclusive to only date someone with that trait. Example, a guy who mostly dates girls with long hair, but is still open to dating/dates girls with short hair. That's a genuine preference. When someone says they "only" date x type of person, that's no longer a preference in my opinion.

And as for someone who exclusively dates someone of x ethnic group over another and/or refuses to date x ethnic group at all, at the very least I think they need to honestly evaluate why that is. Like others have said, to push away an entire ethnic group simply because of skin pigment, says you probably have other "stereotypical/discriminatory issues" with that ethnic group.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Bullshit. We don't deserve barrel scraped shit served on a platter and then told its fine dining.
Except that too often "we" (geek culture on the whole, which to the industry = people who are spending $$$) eat up that barrel-scraped shit on a platter and ask for seconds.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Except that too often "we" (geek culture on the whole, which to the industry = people who are spending $$$) eat up that barrel-scraped shit on a platter and ask for seconds.

Because they don't know any better or are lacking in standards. That's how Tobey McGuire gets praised as the best spider-man. That's how people eat all this current dead pool shit up.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
your going to get random thugs/crime lords and like it

noooo.gif

Superman beyond the origin story is boring as fuck anyway. They fucked up the humanizing, character building, relatable portion of the superman story. JL never made sense to begin with, Superman should never need Batman's help and Batman's problems could be solved in an instant by Superman.

Superman beyond the origin story is boring as fuck anyway. They fucked up the humanizing, character building, relatable portion of the superman story. JL never made sense to begin with, Superman should never need Batman's help and Batman's problems could be solved in an instant by Superman.

It's the classic brains/brawn story, though.

Slayven

You know something they have pretty much killed in Superman in the last 10 years? His sense of humor, he use to have a very sly almost asshole like one. Now he is space Jesus and that is it.

ReiGun

You know something they have pretty much killed in Superman in the last 10 years? His sense of humor, he use to have a very sly almost asshole like one. Now he is space Jesus and that is it.

All of DC's big 3 have lost their sense of humor. Wonder Woman used to have a great dry wit, Supes was an asshole and Batman was too. Now they're all really serious, with WW being the only one who manages to be funny sometimes.

Batman's brain is nowhere near Supes brawn. Batman usually gets out smarted a few times before he finally gets the W.

Superman could literally rip every batman villain in half like a sheet of paper.

Batman's cast has a special trait where they get +50 intellect and apply -70 intellect to all other characters in crossovers. Helps them get by.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I'll take flying Jesus or super asshole over brooding Superman.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
They got Flash and GL for comic relief. The big 3 can concentrate on being serious face, except when WW teases Supes about his vulnerability to (her) magic (ass)

Gorillaz

They got Flash and GL for comic relief. The big 3 can concentrate on being serious face, except when WW teases Supes about his vulnerability to (her) magic (ass)
Really think Reynolds will come back after GL?

what am I saying, he bombed 2 movies in one weekend he needs that DC paycheck

Top Bottom