• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Haha, that reminds me of some shit I heard just last week. My friends and I all sit at this one table in class, we all black, usually just shoot the shit before class. White girl came in talking with her friend, last part of her sentence we heard was "...never with a black guy though". We all looked up up like "whoa, wtf?" She did the most awkward face and walked over to her table.
KuGsj.gif

trixx

To me, having a preference is fine, it's when you outright exclude other groups(ie. I'd never date a 'insert race here' person) is when I raise my brow.
I don't think many people would outright say it but a lot of people do so anyways. But I can't really think of a rebuttal for this.

I do remember a black girl that she didn't like black guys and she prefers not to date them for some reason. I just thought it was weird.

To repeat on the point I said about my first friend I didn't find his view racist but ignorant. Would you find him as a racist I'm pretty sure it's similar to him saying he would never date a black girl.

Nakazato

So i was having a discussion with a few of my friends today about preferences in relationship. I have a mixed friend who only says he only dates white girls and i asked why not black girls and responded because of their attitudes which i found was extremely ignnorant. On the other hand my asian friens didnt actually say he only likes asian girls but i basically said it for him and i guess his reasoning is because he finds them attractive. My other friend replied "you're a racist" and i asked him how does that make him a racist, and he replied "Because you don't find other females as attractive".

I don't think thats his reasoning but i think it's simply because he is just attracted to asian girls and familliar with them, generally people like to stick within their culture (i guess). Anyways does having a preference in dating make you racist? I see it as stupid but i don't understand how it automatically deems you as a racist.

Truthfully the way I act I could never get a black GF. Ive alwas heard Im to white to date this person. Then I spit m horrible ass game at them. The am told I was to white for them. Eventually you get the hint and try to find a white woman you just get burnt out on hearing shit that isnt true.

Gorillaz

I would say that there is nothing wrong with having preference and even to a certain extent sticking to a certain type of chick

Tho imo your basically limiting all possibilities.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So i was having a discussion with a few of my friends today about preferences in relationship. I have a mixed friend who only says he only dates white girls and i asked why not black girls and responded because of their attitudes which i found was extremely ignnorant. On the other hand my asian friens didnt actually say he only likes asian girls but i basically said it for him and i guess his reasoning is because he finds them attractive. My other friend replied "you're a racist" and i asked him how does that make him a racist, and he replied "Because you don't find other females as attractive".

I don't think thats his reasoning but i think it's simply because he is just attracted to asian girls and familliar with them, generally people like to stick within their culture (i guess). Anyways does having a preference in dating make you racist? I see it as stupid but i don't understand how it automatically deems you as a racist.

ive only heard that preference from a few dudes, one white dude saying he doesnt find black women attractive in the least, and his boys started to eat his ass up by naming the hottest black chicks on campus, and the others were korean dudes saying they would never end up with a korean chick.

ReiGun

Truthfully the way I act I could never get a black GF. Ive alwas heard Im to white to date this person. Then I spit m horrible ass game at them. The am told I was to white for them. Eventually you get the hint and try to find a white woman you just get burnt out on hearing shit that isnt true.

I get this too.

I was talking with my mother and my younger sister one day and they both said I'm gonna marry a white woman. My mom went so far to say that if I ever brought home a black chick, she'd be way more suspicious of her than a white girl. Like, she wouldn't know how what to make of me being with a sista, and would automatically think the girl was up to something. lol

Funny thing is, I don't even find white women that attractive. lol I'd date a white girl, but it's not my preference.

Yado

I see it as racist because quite often when people say stuff like that it's because they have preconceived notions or stereotypes in mind about the particular race they're excluding.

The only women I've dated (or have been attracted to me) have been white. I don't really know what that means.

I also found out which one of my coworkers is a real bitch earlier this week. She was showing off her fingernails and how she got some pattern painted on them (which cost her $50, and she said it like she was bragging), and she was asking some of us at the front how we thought they looked. I said they were alright and did that gesture where you put your hand out and wag it, she said "oh whatEVER" and we all laughed.

Then later she comes back when some new people clock in, and one of the new people asks "well why don't you ask some of the others how they look, like Mike here?" She looks at me and says "well, he's not the type of guy I would show them off to anyways."

I ain't even trying to holler at her or anything, I got a girl already. But she's on my shit list, and I'll be remembering her if she asks for help in the store.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
i never had a racial preference. I've always been a variety is the spice of life type of guy. Then again I'm from NYC and went to a racially mixed school since junior high so I've always had access to women of different races as well.

My preference has always been mixed race girls.

Ones that look like Alicia Keys, Mya, Paula Patton, etc.

I have dated all kinds, all shades though except Asian.

If they're hot and want the "D" I, Jerry TheKaeptain, will give it to them. I give fuck all about ethnicity. I find it is really hard to find a black chick that will date dudes like me.

FyreWulff

Incompatibility for me is more likely to happen due to differences in economic background and family politics.

for instance if someone is all about getting hundreds of dollars of hair styling per week, or their family plays favorites / views their kids / relatives as checklist items then it's never going to work. If they were poor like i was, we can actually talk about our lives and relate. I can't relate to Jane Austen lifestyles

Onemic

I guess my preference would be mixed girls or Jamaican Chinese/Filipino chicks. But really though, I just care if you're hot and got a good personality. And that aint specific to any ethnicity.

I usually end up dating Latina chicks. But I'm half-white and half-mexican so it's easier to date them. I mean, they can take me home to mom and dad and they won't say shit because I am half.

Wow.

I was under the impression that even in this day and age that preconcieved notions of who you date was gone. I can understand if you have a preference of female but eliminating a whole race and potential wives due to the color of skin is ludicrous. When I was coming up in Louisiana it was totally taboo for a white female to be with a black man and this was the late 80's early 90's. Hence I only messed with black females. But as I grew up I realize I was limiting myself. At the end of the day fine is fine. Beautiful is beautiful. Preconcieved notions be damned. If you click with another human being gay or straight, black or white, just go for it. Dont limit yourself just because of color. You never know what happiness you missing out on when you do.

My ex-fiancee was black. My current fiancee of 9 years is white. And is my polar opposite. Country as all hell and if I could have met myself of 20 years past and told myself that I would be with a white woman from Alabama I wouldnt believe me. But ive never been happier. Good and bad.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I guess my preference would be mixed girls or Jamaican Chinese/Filipino chicks. But really though, I just care if you're hot and got a good personality. And that aint specific to any ethnicity.

is that even like a large enough group to say its your preference? Like I've met 3 girls that could fit into that category if you added the entire Caribbean and Asia to it in my entire life. Only one girl who was half jamaican and her other half was japanese. Do you know a place with a lot of girls who could be described as that? cause if you do let me know I would like to visit....

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
is that even like a large enough group to say its your preference? Like I've met 3 girls that could fit into that category if you added the entire Caribbean and Asia to it in my entire life. Only one girl who was half jamaican and her other half was japanese. Do you know a place with a lot of girls who could be described as that? cause if you do let me know I would like to visit....

I've known a girl half Jamaican half chinese. But didn't put it together until years later.

Onemic

It's called Canada. :p

Specifically Toronto

Onemic

huh.... I might have to figure out a reason to go up their. I heard your Caribana festival is crazy

They're literally all over here. Moreso Filipino girls, but Jamaican Chinese girls aren't hard to find if you know where to look. My elementary school was filled to the brim with them. I blame that for influencing my preferences.

And ya, Caribana is always a good time. Its been better in the past compared to now, but this is coming from someone whos been around every year.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Flashpoint Paradox was strong....just as i expected.

First episode of Beware The Batman was was better than i expected. I have high hopes for the series.

Slayven

Flashpoint Paradox was strong....just as i expected.

First episode of Beware The Batman was was better than i expected. I have high hopes for the series.

Me too, folks hating just to hate. I like Batman that has to actually work.

Man it looks like it will be a an overcast rainy day. I am glad cause this heat is no joke, I was about call Obama about this shit.

My friend tried to talk to this one mixed girl at a party, but she told him that she was "trying to get in touch with her white side." About died laughing when I heard that.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
My friend tried to talk to this one mixed girl at a party, but she told him that she was "trying to get in touch with her white side." About died laughing when I heard that.

I rarely get any snide comments if i step out with a mixed girl. If i'm with a white girl though, everyone seems to have an opinion. White guys, older white women, black girls (mostly) and even other races who disapprove.

Mind you, i dated a Middle eastern chick once. Worst 2 weeks ever, through no fault of her own. Every dude from the same area had something to say, usually about whether her parents would approve, or if i was muslim. Or the classic - "what's he got that we don't have?"

harSon

Banned

As someone else said, when a lot of people say they have preferences, it's typically code word for some racist tendencies. I don't think having preferences is racist, meaning that you prefer A over B, but if by preferences you mean that you refuse to date anyone from group X for no underlying reason outside of the fact that they're X, which is the case for A LOT of people, then absolutely that's racist.

Mr.Fresh

All the guys in my family are black and most of them say they don't like black girls. Every GF I went with was black and not all of them had attitudes. I'm sure there's girls that are white and Hispanic with had attitudes too. But in my City for some reason it seems like all the Hispanic women want black men haha.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice

Nah, I don't think it makes you racist at all. It's just preference, no biggie. I must admit, I have only had a thing for one black girl ever, because personally, I don't prefer them. I prefer Asians and Hispanics. I can't say I know why I do. The only reason I can think of is back where I live, this predominantly black neighborhood, the girls always look for the tatted up hoodrat to date / have sex with, and I am not that. So "avoiding" them kind of stuck to me I guess. But it isn't racist.

OK so some background.

Everyone here at the end of the day gets a report that summarizes their day's work and part of my job is to go over all of them the next day to check for errors/fraud.

Before I got here people weren't even printing these things. It was the fucking wild west. One girl in particular didn't have months of back up for anything and they were on my ass for missing so many from a time period I wasn't even here for. I eventually had to tell management she was a problem. I talked to her privately before talking to management for her sake and she just gave me the Kanye shrug. A few months and acouple sit down meetings with our bosses later she found a new job and took off.

I'm in the office today to do some catch up on work. I walked by her old desk and saw a box labelled 'Daily work Jan-Mar' I opened it and it's all there.

I yelled out in an empty office, "THIS FUCKING BITCH!"

Top Bottom